Crowden

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Resulted in a Walters goal.

giphy.gif

Key action in a McCarthy goal.

Does the little things very well, hard as a brick. A surprise package so far, very glad we've picked him.

That first one, he dropped the ball lower and shortened his kick follow through to avoid the guys coming in quick for the smother.

And that handball? JFC :huh::D

In the early 80s there was a cult movie called The Warriors about gangs in the Bronx. One of the famous scenes from the movie is when the main antagonist provokes the hero by calling "Warriors, come out to play" while banging empty beer bottles he has placed around each of the fingers on one hand.

Crowden looks like that antagonist.

The actor appeared years later in a movie (again as a bad guy) called.... The Crow.

True story.
To me he looks like the main ant from Antz

images (8).jpeg

I love guys who remind me that you don't have to 188cm/85kg with a great vertical leap to make your mark in the AFL.

Skills, guts and determination will carry you a long way and this bloke seems to have all three in abundance.
Crowden won the standing vertical jump at his combine too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For his height?? Surely it's not a straight who can jump the highest test? Or is it a ratio of distance jumped divided by height?
It's tested with one of those swinging stick things, 1cm thick sticks off the pole and you jump and reach to spin them.

I'm not sure if its from zero for everyone, but I think its based off where you're reach is from standing.

It is the height that you can jump off the ground. Doesn't mean he will be competing with Sandilands for a mark or anything.
It's tested with one of those swinging stick things, 1cm thick sticks off the pole and you jump and reach to spin them.

I'm not sure if its from zero for everyone, but I think its based off where you're reach is from standing.
Impressive

helping with those forward 50 entries - should of had 2 goal assists but at least he is creating scoring opportunities. Amazing he is still 18

You stand with your dominant arm outstretched and then they adjust the height of the lowest swinging stick thing so that the fingertips flick that one. Then jump and flick as many of the sticks as you can and then the difference is measured.

Indeed Crowden had good measurements across the board - top 1-3 in most categories.

You stand with your dominant arm outstretched and then they adjust the height of the lowest swinging stick thing so that the fingertips flick that one. Then jump and flick as many of the sticks as you can and then the difference is measured.

Indeed Crowden had good measurements across the board - top 1-3 in most categories.
Giro did ok as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back