Crowds a concern

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it will take a bit of time for people to get used to the new ticketing process, you can’t just rock up anymore which is a bit annoying.

nice little earner for the clubs and mcg when already paid for reserved seats can be sold again

In normal times if I wanted to sit down at my seat then I would...If I wanted to catch up with a mate and spend the game in the standing room I would.
I don't like all the policing even though we don't have a choice atm and I can kinda understand it.
It's just not for me and I would normally go to up to ten games or more a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few things are in play here:

One the general hassle now instead of just being able to rock up

I've been to two games this year and it wee-easy for both games. Even today, people were predicting massive queues to get in because of the QR code. They had heaps of places to scan in before going in. Sure I had to book a ticket for both games - that took all of five minutes.

Tigers hawks not really ever been a big draw card. Do you reckon the cheers squads are infectious they got whole sections to themselves

Crowds at last 5 H&A games between Richmond & Hawthorn (excluding 2020):

The big thing I noticed today was the incredibly awkward way the tickets appeared to be sold. The Level 1 bays behind the goal (the 3-4 bays either side of the cheersquad) were practically empty. The AFL members section appeared approx 75% full (I can only judge level 1 as I was sitting in it) and the MCC members comfortably filled their lower levels-- but the General reserve was all crowded together.

How many of Hawthorns 76k members upgraded a seat and didn't turn up? Or was the ground sold section by section and no one wanted to sit behind the goals?

The Tiger Army has gotten used to staying at home on the crackpipe.

Round 1 v Carlton
2021: 49,000
2019: 85,000
2018: 90,000
2017: 73,000
2016: 76,000

Richmond v Hawthorn
2021: 41,000
2019: 65,000
2018: 71,000
2017: 58,000
2016: 52,000

Why are you blaming the away team who didn't get free upgrades to reserved seating ;)

The big thing I noticed today was the incredibly awkward way the tickets appeared to be sold. The Level 1 bays behind the goal (the 3-4 bays either side of the cheersquad) were practically empty. The AFL members section appeared approx 75% full (I can only judge level 1 as I was sitting in it) and the MCC members comfortably filled their lower levels-- but the General reserve was all crowded together.

How many of Hawthorns 76k members upgraded a seat and didn't turn up? Or was the ground sold section by section and no one wanted to sit behind the goals?

I panicked and got my replacement ticket and took what ever I was offered: I ended up high up in the Olympic Stand. It looks ludicrous when there are thousands of empty seats at ground level with thousands of people up in the heavens.

hawthorn would be happy selling seats twice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back