Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Today MCG putting away home and away and replacement games hawks supporters as far away from the action as you can get

or you can ‘upgrade’ to level 2 a for about 60 bucks

We will not forget this. What’s the end game Jeff Kennett? How about whinging for us for a change?

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Today MCG putting away home and away and replacement games hawks supporters as far away from the action as you can get

or you can ‘upgrade’ to level 2 a for about 60 bucks

We will not forget this. What’s the end game Jeff Kennett? How about whinging for us for a change?

I emailed him this morning and received a phone call and some emails from the club. I can only assume the club is getting a lot of feedback on this. He needs to make some noise about this and I am confident he will. Disgraceful effort by the AFL and Geelong - we all know this will be a sub 50K crowd and we're stuck in the rafters on Q level.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't mind Q level as long as it is the first few rows. What annoys me is they are jamming everyone into the Southern Stand so you have to look into the sun just so it looks better on TV.

None of the top deck Olympic tickets seem to have been put on sale. It looks like they are trying to not open that section up to save some money and then force everyone into the top rows of the other stands.

Last edited:

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
So a lot of my mates were able to get the promised replacement tickets at 1.00pm. So they basically held off giving access to the tickets people had paid for (bar a few lucky types like me), in lieu of trying to get members to upgrade to a paid seat, after they already had paid for a seat.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Awful reading how Hawks members have been treated today. After how Victorian club members stuck by their teams for all of last year giving good $$$ for nothing but a sense of club loyalty, its disgusting how they've shafted members today. Especially with the ticketing system for 2021 giving them an easy opportunity to reward members with great seats.

Luckily I've had no problem redeeming Level 2 seats for Collingwood games (so far one MCG home, one MCG away and now one Marvel home). But in solidarity with follow footy fans I'm appalled on behalf of loyal Hawks members being forced to the back of Level 4 in order to redeem their free seat.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
The 75% capacity plan is nonsense anyhow. I thought it would be like the workplace/cafe etc where you have a certain amount of space between you (or your group) and strangers. Instead they just squeeze you in next to people you don't know whilst other bays are completely empty. Work that one out. Might as well have it 100% capacity.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Awful reading how Hawks members have been treated today. After how Victorian club members stuck by their teams for all of last year giving good $$$ for nothing but a sense of club loyalty, its disgusting how they've shafted members today. Especially with the ticketing system for 2021 giving them an easy opportunity to reward members with great seats.

Luckily I've had no problem redeeming Level 2 seats for Collingwood games (so far one MCG home, one MCG away and now one Marvel home). But in solidarity with follow footy fans I'm appalled on behalf of loyal Hawks members being forced to the back of Level 4 in order to redeem their free seat.

To be honest, I'm not that fussed about ending up in the back of Level 4. It's Geelong's home game so that's fair enough that we get the crappier seats. What I (and many others) object to, is that is a nominated replacement game for Hawthorn members (and in my case, I get an 18 game membership anyway), so we normally would just rock up and claim a seat.

When many of us tried to claim our promised seat (which we've paid for), the Ticketek site continuously took us to pages encouraging us to buy a seat. The "free" allocation (which we've already paid for) supposedly was exhausted just after 10.00am so if you missed out, your only chance of getting to the game was to upgrade. But suddenly at 1.00pm, the replacement allocation re-appeared.

Essentially Ticketek were trying to trick Hawthorn members into buying an upgrade for a ticket they've already purchased.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Just on that, what would seriously get me riled up is if the Geelong members weren't given access to the premium seats. At the Hawthorn-Richmond games, there were heaps of empty seats on Level 1 - we were pushed up onto Level 4 in the Olympic Stand. I just assumed that was because the Level 1 allocation had been grabbed by Hawthorn members (given it was our home game). But no, they remain empty because the AFL or the MCC or whoever is trying to get us to pay way overs for a seat at the footy.

As noted, given very few Victorian based members actually got to a game last year (and that was very much me), it would cost them nothing to ensure home members actually get good seats as a gesture of good will.

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
The 75% capacity plan is nonsense anyhow. I thought it would be like the workplace/cafe etc where you have a certain amount of space between you (or your group) and strangers. Instead they just squeeze you in next to people you don't know whilst other bays are completely empty. Work that one out. Might as well have it 100% capacity.
And with 41K last week they only had 41% of food bars open. So you have to queue close up with people. Ridiculous.

hebog

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Swansea
Start freaking out if crowds are still down once all this covid sh*t is behind us. Until then ...relax
How can we relax when we can’t even sit in our own reserved seats. How can we relax when we have to go online and struggle to find a decent seat for every home game.

How can we relax when we can’t even sit in our own reserved seats. How can we relax when we have to go online and struggle to find a decent seat for every home game.
or when you think you have seats in your normal reserved area only to get to the check out and find out you are on the opposite side of the ground?

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Eagles and Dockers crowds are surging as are well everyone’s out of Victoria

Victoria is a economic wasteland at the moment. It’s time to move two teams out before bankruptcy hits really. Time for St Kilda to go to Tasmania and even though they are okay financially now North should move to Mandurah

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I found it stupid on Monday they had L4 of the Ponsford stand shut. Everyone was huddled up top of the Great Southern
Restrict it to 75% by just closing 25% of the ground off instead of allowing people to space out. All designed to save them money rather than thinking about what the crowd would prefer

Manuka was normal, virtually zero social distancing in place.

Think the problem is a Victorian one rather than national.

Victoria has had a harder hit regarding lockdowns, so I expect there will be more regular people there who needed to find another use for the money for their AFL seated memberships - especially with jobkeeper winding up.

It would be unreasonable to think they could turn off for such a time without there being a human cost and the luxury of going to the game might just be the symptom of it.

Victoria has had a harder hit regarding lockdowns, so I expect there will be more regular people there who needed to find another use for the money for their AFL seated memberships - especially with jobkeeper winding up.

It would be unreasonable to think they could turn off for such a time without there being a human cost and the luxury of going to the game might just be the symptom of it.
My understanding without yet going through it is the ticketing system is a nightmare in Vic.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
My understanding without yet going through it is the ticketing system is a nightmare in Vic.
is it more than vic's arent used to having to pre-book stuff like all other states? just used to rocking up and sitting with mates in a GA area if not members ? and if are members, just not happy with extra steps involved?

Back