Crowds a concern

Remove this Banner Ad

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Tony Corke (MatterOfStats.com) built a very accurate model for estimating crowds, described across these articles:

These now provide a handy way to see the difference in crowds compared to what they would have been without COVID. E.g.

View attachment 1108638
WOW , 9563 @ GWS home game,theyre the same numbers that had Fitzroy kicked out :oops:

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
i think he saying that last year,2020,'SUPPOSEDLY' the most disastrous year in Australian history when it comes to deaths in Australia
141,000(2020) compared to the national average of 154,000 for the previous 30 years,that because of this decrease, in an ageing
population to boot ;) ;)...he now has to scan a code to go to watch something he previously didnt need to just so the freemason
who patented that code gets his dividend,whilst all the while making his life,the supporter,more unneccassarily difficult for no apparent
reason other than milking him for time n money

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
i think he saying that last year,2020,'SUPPOSEDLY' the most disastrous year in Australian history when it comes to deaths in Australia
141,000(2020) compared to the national average of 154,000 for the previous 30 years,that because of this decrease, in an ageing
population to boot ;) ;)...he now has to scan a code to go to watch something he previously didnt need to just so the freemason
who patented that code gets his dividend,whilst all the while making his life,the supporter,more unneccassarily difficult for no apparent
reason other than milking him for time n money

Have a look beyond our borders if you want to see what happens when the virus gets out of control. Even those countries have placed in measures to curb the devastation of the illness if left unchecked. The national average of 154,000 is when no restriction are put into place. The lower deaths last year were because the flu and other illnesses where also held in check through the COVID-19 restrictions.

We are in a sensational position now to go back to normal. We are the envy of the world. 85,000 at a sporting event?! Amazing! If we need to jump through a few hoops to ensure this continues then I think we should be grateful for that small inconvenience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
They were big on it on round 2, but by round 5 they'd basically given up trying to police it.

And even if they do police it, the process is less than 10 seconds to complete.
The QR code is such a minor thing, I haven't seen anyone checking it, that surely that wouldn't be an issue for not going

Ticketing is a major issue though

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The QR code is such a minor thing, I haven't seen anyone checking it, that surely that wouldn't be an issue for not going

Ticketing is a major issue though

I had to show mine last weekend she made me do it a second time just to show her because I didn’t show her the first time and wouldn’t let me past until she saw

saintal

All Australian
Mar 29, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
South Adel, Portland, QPR, Penrith
Not covid related..but am going along on Sunday night to Adelaide Oval, get allocated a ticket through my St Kilda membership. To buy a guest pass to sit behind the Northern goals with the St Kilda supports was going to be $85, or $60ish for the nosebleeds in the Eastern Stand. My mate passed on the offer.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
im glad u mentioned the hoop jumping,its @ the forefront in this whole saga,also it will be interesting to see how many corona related deaths
have been recorded considering they illegally labelled many seniors with previous long term illnesses as corona victims,i know this as fact as i have
connections in old aged care,anyway we're all entitled to an opinion, we all have one just saying that when i smell somethings off,its usually off,
not to mention factual evidence backing it up,not TV evidence,all the evidence is available,nobodys holding ppl back to go digging;)

You forgot to say "wake up" and "do your research" 😉

Feb 1, 2004
Sweden
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Helsingborg Australian FC
Not meeting in a final until 2018 has a fair bit to do with it. Generally when Richmond have been winning flags, Hawthorn have been sh*t, and vice versa.

Although it came very close in 1974, 1975 and 1982.

Hawks beat the Tigers twice in 74 but lost narrowto North in the Preliminary.

In 1975 Tigers lost the Preliminary to North, and probably could have won if Balme wasn’t suspended.

In 1982 Hawthorn again beat Richmond twice but lost to Carlton in the Preliminary.

Before my time, but 1971 there was a good chance for a Hawks vs Tigers Grand Final. The Saints put an end to that in the Preliminary.

I hated going to Hawks games, as usually the Tigers got well beaten.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Why go see a game where SHocking makes players stand still.

Leads to entire quarters of uncontested football, lucky if we get 2 goals each in 30 minutes in this one tonight.

SHocking has to be sacked and we can get back to a game of contests we all want to go and see.

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m an MCC member, and normally would access the ground through there, then walk through back into the Southern stand and stand with my mates. Haven’t been able to do that this year which has been annoying but at least we can go. Have been to every game so far, just glad it’s back.

I really hope they don’t keep any of these ‘innovations’ from this year going forward. Making the event fully ticketed has killed Cricket crowds and it will do the same for footy. You need to be able to just buy a Gen Admin ticket, all your friends do the same and then rock up and sit together. Trying to book all together is a nightmare.

I also hate how it’s just luck of the draw with what seats they give you. I don’t know why they don’t just have every seat visible and you click on the individual seats to book them, like it is with theatre tickets. Then you can see exactly what’s available, and know exactly how much it’ll be.

In Regards to QR code’s, you just point your phone in the general direction and pretend. I don’t think I’ve checked into an event/restaurant since late Feb.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Why go see a game where SHocking makes players stand still.

Leads to entire quarters of uncontested football, lucky if we get 2 goals each in 30 minutes in this one tonight.

SHocking has to be sacked and we can get back to a game of contests we all want to go and see.
its an absolute disgrace whats been allowed to happen to this once great game,they want netball and theyve just about got it,
no contests,10mtr passes are now the norm w/o being called play on...its been turned into touch football,the matriarchs are getting theyre
way,anything patriachal is being snuffed out deliberately,mens football as an example ;)

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
In Regards to QR code’s, you just point your phone in the general direction and pretend. I don’t think I’ve checked into an event/restaurant since late Feb.
So do you recall everywhere you have been for last week or so in case old mate returns from somewhere unknowingly with virus and happened to be sitting next to you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back