Crowds question MCG V Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Melbourne Supporter, we have lost 21 games in a row at Etihad and not won there since 2007 so I think my mind is made up.

In saying this, the AFL would be so much better like the Premier League, if each team had their own home ground. I know it is unrealistic but would make the atmosphere soo much better. When I used to go to Princess Park, was a real hostile environment for away fans and players and the small ground, made the noise and cheering seem louder. As a Melbourne fan at the G on the weekend, 25,000 seemed like 5,000, with only 1/4 of the seating being used. I know it is unrealistic but the footy would be way better if each team had their own home ground and playing at the G was more of a privilege come September like Wembley in England.

They're both good for different reasons. I appreciate the roof at Etihad because it's warmer and protects me from the rain (obviously) but when Level 2 is almost completely empty it's ******* ridiculous. I prefer the atmosphere at the MCG because generally we play teams like Richmond there, who pack the place and don't STFU.

People complaining about parking at Etihad should just stop parking there because there's a thousand better options close by.

I'm convinced that if Docklands was built first, the MCG would be criticised as a soulless cauldron, too far away, no atmosphere except in the really big games, and a waste of taxpayer money that could have been spent on schools and hospitals.

Source: traditionalist at heart
Totally laughable.
The origins of our indigenous sport mean nothing to you.
This thread is one amazing eye opener into the origins of our sport, and what has taken place in recent times.
People have no idea.
I realize others will relate to the change in they're own state but go forth and multiply.

Last edited:
I like how these threads always start as a genuine question but end with non-Victorians criticising those who don't like Etihad.

It's almost like we who go there weekly have a better idea than those who go once a year at most. But still, it's tradition for these threads to go like this so who am I to argue.

I just had a look at the available re-sale tickets for WC vs Sydney on Sunday.

Cheapest I could find was $75 each.

But yeah, Etihad is too expensive...

Wouldn't surprise me if the people saying level 2 is too expensive and how they have to sit on level 3 are the same people that bitch about stadium deals and clubs not making enough money.

Totally laughable.
The origins of our indigenous sport mean nothing to you.
This thread is one amazing eye opener into the origins of our sport, and what has taken place in recent times.
People have no idea.
I realize others will relate to the change in they're own state but go forth and multiply.
What on Earth are you talking about?

People can have their own opinions.

You blabbering on about the origins of the sport doesn't mean people aren't entitled to chastise those for complaining about Etihad.

Personally, I don't care which of Etihad and the G that I attend, to me their both grounds and reasonably similar when West Coast are playing.

Wouldn't surprise me if the people saying level 2 is too expensive and how they have to sit on level 3 are the same people that bitch about stadium deals and clubs not making enough money.
WTF?

So because we don't want to pay ludicrous ticket prices it's our fault clubs have terrible deals with Etihad?

I know the thing with a lot of Melbourne supporters is the lack of MCC support at Etihad. Coupled with how terribly the team has performed there in the past, the tendency of stadium administration to shut the top level, and the total lack of ticket windows relative to the G it's just an awful gameday experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they still make people sit opposite the TV cameras to make the place look full?

I laughed so much when my mates and I had to do that. We're like WTF?? Look at all those seats on the other side.

But I don't mind the place on the times of been there. Vics don't know how good you've got it.

Do they still make people sit opposite the TV cameras to make the place look full?

I laughed so much when my mates and I had to do that. We're like WTF?? Look at all those seats on the other side.

But I don't mind the place on the times of been there. Vics don't know how good you've got it.
Never known this to happen before...

No, level 1 of the broadcast side is AFL members so you can't sit there and level 2 is Medallion Club so you can't sit there either.
Level 3 general admission you can sit either side.

I like how these threads always start as a genuine question but end with non-Victorians criticising those who don't like Etihad.

It's almost like we who go there weekly have a better idea than those who go once a year at most. But still, it's tradition for these threads to go like this so who am I to argue.

That would be because the responses Victorian fans give are laughable. You may consider them "genuine" but they are pretty embarrassing.

I don't care if you go to every single game at Etihad Stadium. It's not too cold or too hard to get to.

That would be because the responses Victorian fans give are laughable. You may consider them "genuine" but they are pretty embarrassing.

I don't care if you go to every single game at Etihad Stadium. It's not too cold or too hard to get to.
Pls keep telling me about the stadium from your handful of experiences there. For I am unsure about Etihad and welcome your wisdom.

Pls keep telling me about the stadium from your handful of experiences there. For I am unsure about Etihad and welcome your wisdom.

Am I allowed to have an opinion on airports, restaurants etc.? Or only if I've frequented them over 100 times?

Flog. Quick, I can hear the next SJW bandwagon building - better jump on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back