Competitions croweater0-17 Goal Kicking Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
It took croweater 41 a mere seven rounds to be crowned goal kicking competition winner.

footy4ever: Pffft. I did it in five.

This pair of swift finishes mean that we will be able to fit in a THIRD installment of the goal kicking game, even in a 17 round season. Who knows? Maybe there'll even be time for a fourth :rolleyes:

Current Reigning Champion: croweater 41

Hall of Fame: AdelaideFan14, Coopers, Hinkstuff, SugarShane, Dirty Bird, jenny61_99, AFC979810, ok.crows, Samcro24, Crowowowow, Crouch, El Doederino, Crouch again, Brenton Davy, SugarShane again, Redleg Crow, footy4ever, croweater 41

Broom Closet of Fame: johnnypanther, AFC979810, Glenno23, Brown_WOOLF, Tarasque36, DangerSloane, DD#23, Glenno23 again, Mattrox, Pilchard_Adams, Red mist

NB: Participants enter the 'Broom Closet' when there is no outright winner and all remaining participants bomb at the same time.

Rules

Basic plot:
You have to pick an Adelaide goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. For clarity, a late change is any change that occurs after Thursday Night (Or Friday Afternoon if it's a Sunday game). If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who. If one change occurs on a Friday after teams are announced on Thursday, and a further change occurs on match day, we'll still apply the alphabetical rule.

Forgetting: If you forget - bad luck! You're out.

Tiebreaker: Gone. Had been keeping track of goals to use as a tie breaker in case all remaining participants bomb out in the same week. Too fiddly and time consuming. Have returned to the original rule where if the remaining participants all bow out at the same time and there is no outright winner, into the Broom Closet they go.

Latecomers: If you haven't entered by the first bounce of the Crows' clash with Geelong then you can't play.

Immunity Card: If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Crows first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card. An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Newish rule: If you select a player and they kick their first ever goal in AFL football you also earn an Immunity Card.

Fine Print Rule: If you forget to put a selection in one week but sneak through via an Immunity Card... then you will be allocated the Crows players with the lowest guernsey number who didn't kick a goal in that game. Just so that all players have made an equal number of selections.

Entries must be in by the first bounce of the Adelaide vs Geelong massacre.

Good luck all. Please add your selections below

Last edited:

For the nostalgic among us, here is the very first installment of the goal kicking game:

All the way back in 2012!

Simpler times. We were happy, Neil was gone, Sando's spike was in full effect, Tippettgate hadn't happened, Rendell was our recruiting manager. It's almost like the introduction of the goal kicking game jinxed the whole club? Things have been downhill ever since, save for 2017s glimmer of hope.

Also interesting to see that I was spruiking the importance of keeping the rules simple. Why didn't I listen to myself?

And who remembers these rule summaries?

Executive Summary
So yeah, you have to correctly guess which team will use their sub first and however many goals they kick gets added to your total score. If the Crows sub kicks more goals than the opposition sub you get an Immunity Card as well. If a team doesn't use a sub for whatever reason, then the game resets and you get all your wildcards back. You can play your joker whenever you want, but not in the even rounds or if our opposition is coming off a six day break. If your sub doesn't kick a goal but the player subbed off does, then PM me immediately with the code word and I'll grant you a double chance if it's before the final siren. The winner is the one with the highest number of goals per sub (minus wildcards).

Last edited:
For the nostalgic among us, here is the very first installment of the goal kicking game:

All the way back in 2012!

Simpler times. We were happy, Neil was gone, Sando's spike was in full effect, Tippettgate hadn't happened, Rendell was our recruiting manager. It's almost like the introduction of the goal kicking game jinxed the whole club? Things have been downhill ever since, save for 2017s glimmer of hope.

Also interesting to see that I was spruiking the importance of keeping the rules simple. Why didn't I listen to myself?

And who remembers these rule summaries?
Ha ha, my strategy was to save the most likely goalkickers for 10 rounds in???

Aaaand...out in the first round. The start of a glorious record of early exits.
I'm going for the long view. Suspect there won't be too many left standing after ten rounds and it will be worth having Tippett/Walker/Porps up your sleeve if you make it that far.

Jaensch for this round for me.

2J-p4COu_A8kr4yjf3nv1-AY9sc=.gif

Thetrader15 - Stengle

Anzacpaul - Sloane
imagifED - Sloane

MatthewB - Tex
Godallblighty - Tex

Footy4ever - McAdam

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thetrader15 - Stengle
Dude316 - Stengle

Anzacpaul - Sloane