Crown: Aussie Millions

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Who will win the Aussie Millions from here?

Sounds like Gus is on fire atm. Would be good to see him win it

Wasicka seems as though he's not a flash in the pan. I think he's on HSP III, though I'm not sure about that.

FT:

1 Jimmy Fricke 5,175,000
2 Gus Hansen 4,845,000
3 Andrew Black 2,100,000
4 Kristy Gazes 1,050,000
5 Julius Colman 785,000
6 Marc Karam 535,000
7 Hans Vogl 455,000

GO GO gobboboy !!!

what do you do if your jimmy or gus

clean up the remaining players and have the chip advantage in heads up or keep tight and get yourself a top 3 placing

Is he still in the tournament or has he been eliminated?
eliminated, he wasnt on the same table as gus but was on the same table as patrik antonious.

he finished 60th and won 20k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gobboboy sweat thread

there's a post there that indicates that Kristy Gazes bats for both teams, and after her latest pokernews interview, that could well be true.

cliff notes: when offered to choose one of gus hansen, patrik antonius or erica shoenberg to be with on a deserted island, she said "erica by a universe"!

Kristy Gazes out in 7th for a nice 220K

If this was a WPT event, she would have been the TV bubble. It's a shame chicks don't go deep in tournaments. Top 3/4 is very rare for a woman.

Gus has a huge chip lead and has to be favourite to win.

Fricke Takes $2.5 Million Pot from Hansen

Jimmy Fricke raised and Gus Hansen called. The flop was {8-Hearts}{4-Spades}{3-Spades} and Hansen bet out 140K. Fricke called. The turn was {Q-Diamonds} and Hansen bet out 330K. Fricke called. The river was {A-Clubs}. Hansen took two minutes before he bet 770K.

"I have no idea how I got to this decision with this hand," said Fricke.

He called with {A-Diamonds}{J-Clubs}. Hansen showed {3-Spades}{2-Spades} and Fricke took down a $2.5 million pot.

Huge win from the kid...

Flop was reported wrong. Flop was actually {8-Hearts}{4-Spades}{3-Clubs}. Same diff tho.

Why would you donk off 2.5M with 32s? Sure gobbo got lucky, but 32s?

Fricke Takes $2.5 Million Pot from Hansen

Jimmy Fricke raised and Gus Hansen called. The flop was {8-Hearts}{4-Spades}{3-Spades} and Hansen bet out 140K. Fricke called. The turn was {Q-Diamonds} and Hansen bet out 330K. Fricke called. The river was {A-Clubs}. Hansen took two minutes before he bet 770K.

"I have no idea how I got to this decision with this hand," said Fricke.

He called with {A-Diamonds}{J-Clubs}. Hansen showed {3-Spades}{2-Spades} and Fricke took down a $2.5 million pot.

Huge win from the kid...
Did not know that there was 2 3 of spades in a deck :p

hehe good ol pokernews - theyve changed it now, the flop was a 3 of clubs. Strange bet from Hansen - at this stage, 3 2 would be a check on the BB or a fold surely?

How would you guys feel having backers then going deep? Jimmy Fricke has a number of backers, so he's likely to only see a portion of his winnings.

Imagine winning 1 million then having to hand over 900,000 to those that paid for your entry. That would suck.

But apparently that's how it goes. Everyone has a piece of someone. I hope if I play in a big event and cash, that I get to keep the lot!

I have to admit that the organisation or tournaments such as the WSOP and Aussie Millions leaves a lot to be desired. Here at the Aussie Millions, the starting times for the last two days was different to that scheduled. Yesterday, one player was over 30 minutes late not knowing about the change. And apparently he spoke little to no English which wouldn't have helped.

Then the garbage with the short-handed play from 36 players down. Then they changed their mind with 8 players left. Originally to be two tables of 4, they admitted that that was stupid and made it a single table of 8.

And now the blind changes. Currently Level 24 with blinds at 20k/40k with a 5k ante, Level 25 has blinds at 40k/80k with a 10k ante. That's just preposterous. One minute it costs 85k a rotation, next minute it's 170k a rotation.

Like I said, poker tournaments are not the best organised events going around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back