Crown: Aussie Millions

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll prob dump money into event one and the freeze. Maybe the 1650 bounty event too, going to crown is a bit of a hassle tho.

for some reason I always thought you were from Brisbane, where are you located?

the freeze should have been $1500+200

I get and like the idea of offering a deep stacked tournament for the regular punters, but I dont think they'll lose anybody that pays $1500 with a $1700 buyin and it offers a better prizepool and more players will be willing to play not being 'as concerned' as the rake/buyin %

Still not sure if I coming yet, probably should figure that out at some point, thankfully have now got people to stay with rather than lighting money on fire staying in paid accom.

Also, Drummer_19 I must compliment you on an excellent avatar.
Thanks, just got done doing some transactions at the business factory.

So the word is the 250k is looking at a big decrease in numbers this year because of the Asian guys that got busted for betting at Ceasers on the World Cup. 2 particular players everybody wants in the field wont be able to make it so Crown are not expecting a field/pricepool like last year, a big reduction in numbers is on the cards

Theyre expecting a 700 player mainevent field and a 1100 player opening event field.

My mate also said Crown are done with the WSOP, when it comes back to APAC next year it wont be in Melbourne, both Crown and Ty Stewert have agreed to part ways. What was most interesting was WSOP were particularly shocked at the field sizes, they had assumed the WSOP brand would drag a lot more players to Australia. Crown are slightly interested in a WSOP Circuit type setup in Australia using the WSOP brand with smaller buyins, but its a ways off happening.

A lot of that would of been 'assumed' info around the traps, but its came from the horses mouth this weekend

busted tonight, got a really tough first table, would be close to toughest in the room

had AA, opened, BTN and SB call, flop Q68r, i cbet get two callers, turn 7, chk to me and its close between bet and chk but I had bet turn a lot so far and got folds so wanted to keep up the appearance and get value from a Q

I bet, BTN calls and SB raises, I fold obv and BTN sticks it in QJ with diamond draw against 67o, so lost a decent amount there

Then had to fold TT post flop after putting a few chips in, until jamming 77 and running into KK for all the choccies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The structures are right there on the crown poker website. $10k starting stack. Levels 1-12 40 minutes long 60 minutes from then on.

yeah as described

its annoying playing the first 2 hours no ante. as i said i had a tough table so nobody really wanted to battle until antes came in and getting 1-2 hours of ante play with 80bb+ stacks is a good way to loosen up the table, instead it was quite boring throughout

Old AMs used to have fridges with heaps of water bottles you could self serve from and now they just have one bottle for each player at the start of the day.

One guy tried to snipe a second from an unused seat and was shot down pretty hilariously

Remove this Banner Ad

Back