Crown: Aussie Millions

Remove this Banner Ad

I was playing last night in the high limit section and walking past a table (looked 5/10 or above judging from stack sizes) saw a supervisor telling a player off for crumpling up the cards after he had lost the hand. He then proceeded to inform the player that he was being dealt out for a number of hands and the player got upset and asked why are you treating me like a child LOL.

Am i missing something?

Phil Ivey had a good first level even after a strange hand he lost where an opponent just called twice with the nuts.

Just before the break started, Ivey and two opponents made it to the turn of a
10d.gif
3d.gif
qh.gif
as.gif
board. Ivey bet 2,000 and was called in one spot. Ivey bet 5,000 on the
7s.gif
river and his opponent just called again with
ks.gif
jd.gif
for Broadway. Ivey had already confidently opened
ac.gif
10s.gif
and after the pot was pushed to his opponent, he looked around a little confused to see if anyone else reacted. No one did and the game moved on.

What a chance to build a stack.....

Am i missing something?

Phil Ivey had a good first level even after a strange hand he lost where an opponent just called twice with the nuts.

Just before the break started, Ivey and two opponents made it to the turn of a
10d.gif
3d.gif
qh.gif
as.gif
board. Ivey bet 2,000 and was called in one spot. Ivey bet 5,000 on the
7s.gif
river and his opponent just called again with
ks.gif
jd.gif
for Broadway. Ivey had already confidently opened
ac.gif
10s.gif
and after the pot was pushed to his opponent, he looked around a little confused to see if anyone else reacted. No one did and the game moved on.

What a chance to build a stack.....
pretty sure there is a WSOP about you have to raise with the nuts on the river??

obv didn't realize they had the nuts??

lol yeah strange

Either hes a guy that doesnt understand the nuts. As in he doesnt understand that he has the best possible hand (I still remember a time when I was playing that I couldnt comprehend that I had the nuts, it wasnt a thought process for me while playing) so he flats just in case Ivey has better.

Or he just misread his hand, but you'd think there would be comments afterwards. The fact everyone remained silent makes me think hes a real spewer and nobody wanted to needle him/educate him. Just take it and move on Phil.

pretty sure there is a WSOP about you have to raise with the nuts on the river??

obv didn't realize they had the nuts??

This is a Crown rule as well, but its a bit silly

But if this person didnt raise because its Ivey (he didnt want to bust hm because he wants to play with him or wanted to 'earn a favour' with the hopes of softplay later) then he deserves a penalty.

But these situations its usually always misreading a hand which makes the penalty pointless and just punishes fish for being fish

This is a Crown rule as well, but its a bit silly

But if this person didnt raise because its Ivey (he didnt want to bust hm because he wants to play with him or wanted to 'earn a favour' with the hopes of softplay later) then he deserves a penalty.

But these situations its usually always misreading a hand which makes the penalty pointless and just punishes fish for being fish
or he simply wanted to see ivey's hand and figured he wouldn't get called on a reraise.

but i doubt it

or he simply wanted to see ivey's hand and figured he wouldn't get called on a reraise.

but i doubt it

yeah this is a unique one and maybe he did, getting Ivey to showdown hands for someone playing him the first time is probably valuable

In saying that long term you're still probably losing money from it (money won when raise is called vs money won later with extra information)

And this guy..... feel bad for him:

It doesn't matter what the situation, it's never nice to be one outed. It's definitely made a whole lot worse though if it's the biggest tournament you've ever played in and been looking forward to it since qualifying online last April.

Gasps and groans could be heard all around the room and Asif Warris jumped up from his seat in disbelief. He stormed off, swearing as he went and looking like he was going to trash the place. After a minute or so, the Brit had regained his composure and came back to tell the full story.

A player opened to 600 from under the gun and was called in two spots before Warris squeezed to 2,100 from the big blind with aces. Only the small blind called to the
jx.gif
9x.gif
6x.gif
flop where he check-called a 3,500 c-bet. An ace fell on the turn and Warris bet 5,100 and then moved all in when the small blind check-raised to 16,000. It was only a couple more thousand to call and the small blind did so with pocket sixes for a smaller set.

The dealer found the fourth six and placed on the baize to complete the board and break Warris' heart.

Busted day one about 2 levels from Day 2 nothing went right,

Last hand was JJ<AJdd

All in pre

Flop

1083ddd

That's all she wrote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Busted day one about 2 levels from Day 2 nothing went right,

Last hand was JJ<AJdd

All in pre

Flop

1083ddd

That's all she wrote.

ul Matty, sounds a lot like my main events, it can be a slow burn when you're card dead and need to bet/fold every board

I never got it in ahead though!

Yeah I had AA/KK

Both times board was

J109hhh I didn't have a heart either time got one street with each.

Just annoying.

Also had AK<66

After 3b pot pre

Flop Axx

Turn 6

River K

He called 3 streets could've went busto easily.

Oh well will probs play Deep freeze

I busted my main event last hand of day one. Here is what I sent to those who had a piece, with a few minor alterations

Hi guys, just a write-up of my main event yesterday for Aussie Millions.

My starting table was quite good. Seats 1 and 2 were complete recreationals, seat 3 was an older guy from Perth who had never played a tournament bigger then $1k before, seats four and five were ok Aussie pros but nothing to be massively concerned about, and I was in the 6 seat.

First level I managed to dust off 10k of my starting 30k. Most of the hands were pretty standard, but the last hand of the level.

Seat 2, who has been quite tight but straightforward and a bit of a tell box, opens UTG to 250 at 50-100. I call 76ss on the button with the general plan to try and outflop aces, as well as possibly take the hand away from JJ-KK hands on the right boards and runouts. BB also calls

Flop K65 two clubs one spade. UTG looks worried and continues for 400, we call, BB thinks and overcalls.

Turn Ac. Everyone checks to me, I bet, both look back at their cards and eventually call. At this point, I have UTG weighted to black QQ-JJ type hands, I think his sets would have bet turn and called a raise if required. BB given his line is also IMO capped at one pair which is probably not a pair of aces (I expect him to overcall with Kx a lot more then two pair, sets, and expect him to lead or raise his flushes).

River comes a blank. Both players look a tad disappointed and check to me. I fire a pretty big bullet (bluffing of course) and got snapped off in both places by 45cc for a small flush, and a set of kings by UTG. So that was a bad read.

The next few levels go by with no real interesting hands. I did have Phillip Gruissem move onto my immediate left. This, combined with the most active player at the table being on my immediate right, meant that generally speaking, I had to spend a lot of time 3betting as opposed to calling raises in position.

By dinner I managed to claw my stack up to 35k thanks to a combination of a mini-rush of cards, as well as a neat hero call with 55 on K92hh-7-9h vs the guy on my right. It was a 3bet pot, and his line made zero sense to either have a flush, and he would never bet a king on the river or have a 9. Combined with a few live tells I called hoping not to be shown 66, and was shown AJo, so that was nice. I think I got to pick him off about four times yesterday with second-fourth pair hands which was great, since he was unable to valuebet enough good hands to make up for all his bluffs.

After dinner Gruissem got a lot more aggressive, and two better players moved into seats 8 and 1, which forced me to tighten up. We did play this interesting hand.

We open A9 from the button. Gruissem 3bets largish and I call. Flop AK2dd check check. Turn is a 7 he bets I call. River is a 6, he checks, I go for a thinnish river bet, he folds. I discussed this hand with a local on the break, and he thinks it a meh defend and a not great river bet since Gruissem plays too good. This is what we call foreshadowing.

Open A7o from the CO. Gruissem folds, SB folds, BB is some asian guy who seems very good and calls.

Flop K94r he check calls.

Turn is a queen. Check, check

River is an ace. He checks, I decide to go for thin value instead of checking back, and immediately get check raised. I am kind of capped here to one pair a lot, and I rarely get called by better. Really should have checked back, especially since I was just discussing with the reg over the break about betting the river thin vs Gruissem and the other two good players etc... so that was probably the biggest mistake of the day.

Rest of the level is just terrible. Gruissem went after almost all my opens, I flopped very little very often, and rarely picked up a top 50% hand to allow me to defend my BB. My stack dwindled from 50k to 23k, and at this point Im just hoping to get through the day.

Very last hand of the day, Sydney reg opens to 1500 at 300-600. I raise to 4100 with KK. Folds to him, he shoves for 23k effective, and I call. He has AA, and has me dead by the turn. He did have me covered, would have been fun to come back with half a BB or something and try to run it up.

-------------------------------

This whole trip has been atrocious, stuck a boatload, cant win the big flips, life sucks and I am looking forward to punting off more money at ANZPT Perth.

Anyone going in for the Deep Freeze tomorrow.

Rake is ridiculous (I stand by my comments it should have been $1800+$200) but I, like everyone else, will play because its a weekend four figure poker tournament and should have some fun players.

Anyone going in for the Deep Freeze tomorrow.

Rake is ridiculous (I stand by my comments it should have been $1800+$200) but I, like everyone else, will play because its a weekend four figure poker tournament and should have some fun players.

Im thinking at least 1500+200 because I dont think you lose any players with that buyin, but you may lose a few if it starts with 2k

Not sure if I'll play, see how I feel in the morning I guess

Ah lol, was talking with this guy the other day about buying a 5 ball of his deep freeze action for a sweat and we decided we'd just swap 5 then he asked if I wanted to buy some of his main action, was going to and then declined and now he's still in the main with 11 left, dang.

Ouch

Unlucky for you, but good luck to him!

I usually swap with a couple people, but haven't done so as much recently, which is a shame, because people I have swapped with in the past have binked hard since.

Plus if I am never going to cash an event the worst I can do swapping is break even.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back