Crown: Aussie Millions

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, WTF in the 100k

Technical Difficulties
Posted 10 hours and 34 minutes ago Chad_Holloway • Level 17: 12,000-24,000, 4,000 ante
b59738a9d19.jpg

The 2015 Aussie Millions Main Event final table.
On the first hand of play, the short-stacked Alex Trevallion moved all in and took down the blinds and antes.

On the second hand, something quite peculiar happened. It began innocently enough when Scott Seiver raised to 45,000 from the cutoff seat, and Ole Schemion defended with a call from the big blind. While the action was playing out on the stage, it was also being broadcast on televisions throughout the room for the dozens of spectators to see. The problem in this hand was they got to see a little too much.

For whatever reason, when the dealer fanned the
kc.gif
2d.gif
3c.gif
flop, the graphics being broadcast on the screen included the players' hole cards. Given there is no delay on this feed, the hand was playing out with everyone in the room knowing the holdings of Seiver (
9x.gif
9x.gif
) and Schemion (what looked to be
kx.gif
3x.gif
). Obviously this was a glaring security concern.

It was unaware to the players that their cards were being shown, and neither Seiver nor Schemion saw their opponent's hand.

Schemion then check-raised to 110,000 and Seiver folded.

"Your hole cards were just broadcast on the screen," someone in the audience shouted.

"Are you serious?" Seiver asked. The players then asked if that was the case what did they hold. They received an accurate answer.

Schemion threw his arms up in disbelief while several other players were left shaking their head. By far the most perturbed was Seiver, who stated that he would no longer be showing his cards to the camera. The tournament clock was paused so the staff could correct the situation, and it since has been rectified.

The players were reassured that it was a one-hand mistake and corrected. Indeed, a minute later cards were back in the air without the cards being shown. Despite the quick fix, it was apparent several players, most notably Seiver and Justin Bonomo, were very unhappy with the situation.

----------------------------------------

I mean, JFC if there is a school for streaming live poker tournaments this has to be the number one ******* rule.

Oh, I didnt realise, I was two to your left.

Tbh I was surprised you didn't just shove the hand against me (I was calling with my hand, but obviously you arent to know that on the button at the time) but coming back to a short stack sucks (I did it once in Sydney and busted first hand back on day 2)

Oh, I didnt realise, I was two to your left.

Tbh I was surprised you didn't just shove the hand against me (I was calling with my hand, but obviously you arent to know that on the button at the time) but coming back to a short stack sucks (I did it once in Sydney and busted first hand back on day 2)
Ha ha, I knew it was you, not all of us have hendon mob picture profiles.

I played the last level very poorly. For example that hand I had 63o. If I'm playing that I should be shoving the 9bb or whatever I have... Not min raising fold to a shove. Ergh I feel dirty just thinking about it.

The one hand I probably should have jammed earlier in the level was I had ~20bb in the sb. Early position jams for 10bb and the button just flats, I have 99.

Now if the button doesn't flat, I jam easily. No way I'm just calling but the only thing I'm ahead of the button I can see flatting there is 66/77/88. Everything else I'm flipping or way behind, so I fold.

Button has AKs and board runs 6669x.... FML

Had some interesting times when I started playing yesterday, 3 handed for the first 30 mins.

So 3 stacks where just getting blinded and a late rego comes in and they say you have to take one of the blinded stacks (that'd been in play for an hour) and you lose the chips that have been blinded. Er what?

Turns out that for internet qualifiers they had started all there stacks in play from level 1, incorrectly. Tournament director finally sorted it out after the whole table told them they where wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im GG as well, but have organised my flight back to Perth for tonight.

The Sydney trip I had to pay two extra nights accomodation for one hand, so dont feel too bad kids.

Anyway, my day sucked, put in two lightish 3bets vs late opens and someone behind me cold 4bet (In a simple 1k wtf?) and every other raise got 3bet.

I finally got it in with 66 for ten bigs and got called by KTdd and lost

So that was a fun day.

Im GG as well, but have organised my flight back to Perth for tonight.

The Sydney trip I had to pay two extra nights accomodation for one hand, so dont feel too bad kids.

Anyway, my day sucked, put in two lightish 3bets vs late opens and someone behind me cold 4bet (In a simple 1k wtf?) and every other raise got 3bet.

I finally got it in with 66 for ten bigs and got called by KTdd and lost

So that was a fun day.

Ashley12, were you on the table with Dan Levy day 2 of the deep freeze?
Must say if you were I felt sorry for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back