Crown: Joe Hachem Deep Stack Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, where did this thread appear from? I was looking for it before but couldn't find it.

Will likely play the main + a couple of others depending on times etc.

How many runners did the main get last year? This is the one Amanda won, right?

Dude, check FAQ thread for links to various threads as well as the live/online tourney calendar.

Amanda won JHDSS 3 Main Event late last year. There was another Series earlier this year.

I think first for the last one was around 80k.

JHDSS 1 - Feb 2008 - Main Event - 625 runners - 67k for 1st

JHDSS 2 - Mar 2009 - Main Event - 898 runners - 100k for 1st

JHDSS 3 - Nov 2009 - Main Event - 643 runners - 78k for 1st

JHDSS 4 - Mar/Apr 2010 - Main Event - 784 runners - 80k for 1st

notice all the events that were $230 last year are $240 this year.... i'm assuming crown are raking an extra $10 making taking the rake to 20%. that's getting pretty high :-/

notice all the events that were $230 last year are $240 this year.... i'm assuming crown are raking an extra $10 making taking the rake to 20%. that's getting pretty high :-/

They are $340 not $240 so yeah they have juiced the rake but juiced the BI

Still pretty high but there is zero we can do about it

Might add the 8game to the schedule this year, can someone provide numbers on it last year?

About time for me aswell

Opening and Main event are locked in

Really want to play the PLO and if I can squeeze in the KO event I will aswell

Cant get any structures anywhere though which is annoying, a bit rich to call it deep stack but not offer any structures...

you might start with a big stack but it's typical tourny bingo by the end.

in saying that, you'll get a lot of playing time if you last deep and dont think you could ask them to make it last longer.

PLO touny started at 7 and finished about 4am in the same event this time last year

What scares me is they are starting the opening event at 2 instead of 12 so theyre losing 2 hours of decent time in the afternoon/evening, I wonder if they'll try and make it back through 20min levels or just make it run 2 hours later into the night/morning

Doesnt make sense to me why theyd change it from 12 on a Sunday

Sometimes the opening event has a cap, doesn't look like this one does.

Personally, I don't see a reason to register online.

Is it advisable to register online?

None of these events have a cap on entrants, do they?

you need to register 24 hours before the event, so dont try and register for the main event on the Thursday because you wont be playing until Saturday etc

Its not a bad idea if you hate the lines these type of events usually produce

Only reason I said not worth paying online is that you still have to line up when you get to Crown. Sure it's probably a quicker line, but it would be good if they could give you a table and seat number with your online booking.

There's been a suggestion that paying online for Crown tournaments is seen as a cash advance on your credit card.

So check with Crown or check your transaction via internet banking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opening Events for the various tournament series have often been capped, however I cannot find any evidence that the JHDSS 5 Opening Event has a cap.

Capped events would be one reason to pre-register.

Of course you can always register in advance eg. tonight if you were at Crown.

One reason to book online is for those times when Crown stupidly decides to run two APL tournaments on the same day as a big field tournament, like they did today. I would have tilted waiting 2+ hours to get on a table while some stupid pub poker tournament was on. Stupid planning.

Congrats. Had a mate that busted about 120th and he said it was becoming a shove fest with the structure.

He wants me to play the Teams Event tonight. Hmmmm ....

Theres no such thing as a 1 day deep stack event

Better off saving your nuggets for the 1k openeing event of the Aussie Millions

10k start bank, 40min levels, 2 day event.

Regardless of the time of the level, if the blinds are going as such

100/200
200/400
400/800
600/1200
1000/2000
2000/3000

Its going to become a shovefest late regardless

The AM at least will space out these later levels and include more inbetween. The first thing I look for in a structure is if it has a 75/150 and 150/300 level. Usually these are the signs of whether the structure is serious enough to consider

How does that work? You play one level then he plays the next?

Level 1 - Player 1 starts with 1/2 stack. If P1 busts, Player 2 sits in with other 1/2 stack. If P1 survives, P2 adds 1/2 stack to existing stack. If P2 busts, team is out.

Level 2 - Player 2 starts with whatever chips remain from the two 1/2 stacks.

Players play alternating levels.

It's ridiculous that the average stack size is pretty much forced to play shove/fold with 50+ players left.

Was probably a bit of a shove-fest before that I'd imagine.

I played the Omaha

Started slowly as per usual, got shifted just before the break with my 2 rebuys and 5k starting stack in hand to be seated next to Joe Hachem, first hand down he scoops quads to knock out 2 players. I'm sitting there with 15k and Joe Hachem to my right has ~100k.

Get shifted not long after break, bang bang a couple of pot bets and I'm sitting pretty with an above average stack.

Played pretty solidly from there on in to crack the 200k chip barrier which was a highlight.

Made a misstep going to the well once too often and got caught by aces which cost me about 50k, I'd picked up the blinds 3 or 4 times in an orbit, pushed from early with a marginal hand and ran into SB.

Lost another 30 or so defending my blind hit 2 pair k3, but an A hit and I had to release when the board paired 6's on the river , and with the blinds creeping past 12k to 16k I had about 80k left

with 12early players left early position pushes with A789 no suits and I call with AQQ5, one suit, 60 - 40 my way

board comes Kx7 TJ

he had me covered by 1k in chips

12th of 125, $840 for 9th :(

:confused: You rivered nut straight, he rivered 3rd nut straight?

must have the wrong board, they were definitely the hands and he definitely rivered a straight.

xx7TJ

be stuffed if I can remember :confused:

I'm pretty sure I was trying to dodge everything between 6 and J (except the T) by the river whilst praying to the poker gods with head in hand.

Structures were not released and will not be publicly released.

However you may find out if you call the Poker Room or enquire when you are there.

Stupid I know. Check pokernetwork thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back