Crown: Joe Hachem Deep Stack Series

Remove this Banner Ad

I finished about 35th, played pretty s**t all night and bounced between 10k and 20k from start to finish.

Shipped my last 10k all in with JJxx hoping to get lucky at 800 blinds, ran into BB KK.

Guy on my left early was a donkey, unfortunately it took me off loading him about 10k to figure it out.

Guy on my right was some bloke named Van Marcus, apparently everbody else knew who he was :eek:

Need to play slightly more often :(

I finished about 35th, played pretty s**t all night and bounced between 10k and 20k from start to finish.

Shipped my last 10k all in with JJxx hoping to get lucky at 800 blinds, ran into BB KK.

Guy on my left early was a donkey, unfortunately it took me off loading him about 10k to figure it out.

Guy on my right was some bloke named Van Marcus, apparently everbody else knew who he was :eek:

Ive seen some of the worst PLO players at Crown I could possibly imagine (all the usual stuff x1000, ie calling off with J high thinking you've booked up etc)

Van Marcus is a FTP red pro, really have no idea if hes decent or not though. Has a sick house though + ferrari so he must do ok

Ive seen some of the worst PLO players at Crown I could possibly imagine (all the usual stuff x1000, ie calling off with J high thinking you've booked up etc)

Van Marcus is a FTP red pro, really have no idea if hes decent or not though. Has a sick house though + ferrari so he must do ok

I know who he is now, self promotion is not a weakness of his ;)

^lol

Thinking I might play the ME tonight, although I may grind some cash and if I've got a buyn in front of me come 7pm I'll register

Just realised the FT is played 2pm on Monday which is terrible for me and a huge deterent

I've got a bit of a day booked out training a new empoyee so dont know what I would do if I FT'd? Guess I'd fake a midday illness lol

Have a flick through Pokernews he has a 2 page spread in the current issue. Very outspoken guy but he is capable of backing it up with some good performances.

Made day 2 of the ME with around 30k

Started well, ran up to around 50k then ran Kings into Aces aipf to send me back down to 17k

Later busted a shortstack AK>AJ then didnt get a sniff of anything for the last 3 levels and just chipped round to ~30k

Pretty decent structure so far, but the speed of the Crown dealers/players makes it play much quicker, I wasnt counting but we were still probably only getting 20~ hands per level

lots of value, I was pretty suprised tbh

^ my mate finished with 140k, got as high as 180k, he's comfortable

Damn was hoping this would be between April and June when my wife and kid will be OS.

Melb Champs - first 2 weeks of May

Schedule only available on back page of current PokerNews magazine.

I ended up busting to the 2nd place finisher

Hes a gentlemen and all round great guy, but if theres proof that rungood can get anybody to a FT hes it

I was on his table for most of day 2, and he couldnt lose a pot. He played on the aggressive side of ABC but was never anything amazing. Was a touch over raisy but his older and thats their style. No major suckouts, just won every flip etc.

The structure was ok but once the nits got close to the bubble it was destroyed. 40min levels during a bubble period and late game isnt enough because hands take so much longer. A bustout hand can take 15 minutes when you think of actual time spent on playing the hand, then cutting down chips etc. So less hands per level mixed with people not wanting to bust creates shallow stacks. I think when the tournament was HU there was an avg of 25bb each which is ok for a live tournament

My story ended when I shoved KQ and was called by second place finishers 88, board ran out 9 high and it was gg

I had AKss on the BTN with 16bb, I open shove and BB folds KQ:eek:, I felt it was a snap call but it didnt happen and I missed a great double opportunity

I ended up busting to the 2nd place finisher

Hes a gentlemen and all round great guy, but if theres proof that rungood can get anybody to a FT hes it

I was on his table on day 1. He was fun at the table so congrats to him.

He had a monster stack then too, he chipped me up late on day 1.

Did not conceal his hand from me when I was out of pot. So when I was in with him he was easy to read.

My workmate finished 14th, I railed him for a few hours last night.

I wasn't happy with one hand he played late on. He'd been short stacked for a while, at this point he has about 10 BBs. His only move for some time had been shoving pre, but this time he raised about 2.5BB from 3rd position.

I felt he was hoping to see a flop and might fold to a 3-bet shove. Loose Aussie in late position calls, they're heads-up. Flop: Q:diamond:8:club:2:spade:. My mate leads out about 1/3 pot (2.5BBs), Aussie tank calls. Turn 6:diamond:, may mate checks, Aussie bets enough to put my mate in.

I just hated how my mate had played it. I was thinking any pair here is good, pocket 5s is clearly good. Aussie never has a Queen here. I guessed my mate had AJ/KJ. And he did have K:diamond:J:diamond: and put the other guy on the Queen. My mate turns a flush draw and check-folds leaving himself with < 5BBs :eek:. Aussie shows TJo for a gutshot draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My workmate finished 14th, I railed him for a few hours last night.

I wasn't happy with one hand he played late on. He'd been short stacked for a while, at this point he has about 10 BBs. His only move for some time had been shoving pre, but this time he raised about 2.5BB from 3rd position.

I felt he was hoping to see a flop and might fold to a 3-bet shove. Loose Aussie in late position calls, they're heads-up. Flop: Q:diamond:8:club:2:spade:. My mate leads out about 1/3 pot (2.5BBs), Aussie tank calls. Turn 6:diamond:, may mate checks, Aussie bets enough to put my mate in.

I just hated how my mate had played it. I was thinking any pair here is good, pocket 5s is clearly good. Aussie never has a Queen here. I guessed my mate had AJ/KJ. And he did have K:diamond:J:diamond: and put the other guy on the Queen. My mate turns a flush and check-folds leaving himself with < 5BBs :eek:. Aussie shows TJo for a gutshot draw.

KJs there is shove>>fold>>>>>>>>>>>>>raise so thats his major error

the JT call is almost just as bad as well, both preflop and post flop

If I did misclick and only raised instead of shoving and found myself on that flop I would def open shove to fold out most A highs and maybe some small pairs

Made it through 11 of 14 levels last night in the 50k guarantee. Should be a huge prizepool for just a $50 tournament.

- there are five day 1s
- you can re-enter as many times as you like in any Flight within the first 2 hours
- you can take a single add-on at the first break, which is equal to double your starting stack
- it's a repechage and accumulator event, so if you play all 5 flights and survive each, you aggregate all of your chips for Day 2

Through to Day 2 of Event 1 with 100k tonight. Played Thursday night and busted twice before the break. With 20 minutes left tonight I was struggling and looking for a couple double ups or go home. To be honest, I didn't really feel like playing poker on Sunday. Got a walk with cowboys which didn't help but scraped through and got some chips late, enough to be in with a chance.

Busted on thurs night on a failed bluff and decided not to play any other flights for the same reason I really cbf playing Sunday which right now was a great idea

Will play most other events including the main

Out in 20th. Shove A9o from the button, SB who I could never beat wakes up with KK. Flop K84r, drawing dead. Had more than average but still short stacked relative to the blinds (25/50/5).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back