Crown Poker Championship (Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Another hand from Event 9. Blinds 100/200, MP raises to 500, CO calls, BTN calls. Three way all-in on the turn of A857hh. PFR had A5, nice flop, LP had 85hh for an inferior flopped 2-pair and a turned flush draw. BTN has A7 has both covered. River bricks and 2 players are eliminated.

yeah he had no business getting that deep
He was on my right and just did some real weird stuff.

blinds 300 / 600, EP limps, he calls button, I'm in SB with AJs, so squeeze to 2400, BB folds, EP folds, he jams for 30 k. WTF? I fold

2nd final table blinds, old guy shoves all in 2 BB late position, SB calls (big stack with 40 BB), he jams > 20 BB. SB tank folds 1010 after giving everyone on the table a lecture on his thought process (whhhhhhhhy???), late position has 55, he has AJo.

Another hand from Event 9. Blinds 100/200, MP raises to 500, CO calls, BTN calls. Three way all-in on the turn of A857hh. PFR had A5, nice flop, LP had 85hh for an inferior flopped 2-pair and a turned flush draw. BTN has A7 has both covered. River bricks and 2 players are eliminated.

The guy who had the A5 is a very good player from Perth, and told me he wouldn't have opened A5 had he known there were no re-entries etc...

Oh, and yeah, I didn't cash yesterday.

There were only two people with more than 25bb on my table for starts, 1) and older guy who I had played with before, who was pretty tight and straight-forward, and 2) a girl.

Obviously I go with the plain stereotyping and assume that she is going to suck, and she ends up owning me all day.

On my starting table in the first 2 levels we had only had 5 3bets that were not all-ins. I was on the receiving end of four of them

- I open, woman 3bets me, I flat AQdd and fold the Kxx flop.

- I open AK, woman 3bets me, I 4bet to call it off when she jams (I had her pegged as tight, but she had been quite aggro). She almost min-5bets me, and I end up folding. People speculated what I had, and when someone suggested AK, she said she wouldn't have minded "racing" against that, so I guess I got owned.

- I open two more times, a new old guy on my left 3bets to 15x both times and I fold I think K6o and Q9o

- The other 3bet was Mikel opening the CO with 20bb to 2.25, I make it 5.25 with KK, and he instantly snap folds AQo face up which actually tilted me because FFS get it in you nit.

Rest of day was pretty lame. I did run it to 110k at first break, but after that struggled to get starting hands, and when I did, I got flatted by the BB (guy I know, he will defend wide) and I always got bad boards.

A mis-timed 3bet and follow through and I was super short. I shove 65hh on the button vs a guy I had pegged as pretty nitty who snaps with A7o (Its a good call when he is playing as much as he is, I just didn't think he would make it) but I river a 6.

I get short again, get a couple shoves through on a new table.

Final hand I shove 14bb with AQo from UTG+2 (M~5 but in 2 minutes at the next level my M would be M~3 at 3/6/1 as opposed to 2/4/500). Older guy calls next in for about 1/3 of his stack. I assume he has 99-JJ and we are racing, but it turns out he has 4's which is just a terrible call. I lose the flip and am out the door in about 46th playing 36.

Pretty tilted, I think if I double I almost definitely cash and have a good spot to make a run because I dont think there was anyway they could put a table together of the remaining players where I wouldn't be in the top 3 or 4 players.

Also, there was one guy at the final table I played with 1b and day 2 who had the annoying habit of calling for cards. I mean, JFC man it isn't going to change anything, and don't take losing a flip as the worst beat ever.

when I saw who made the final table, I said to myself that Tino should lock up 2nd cos that's what he's good at

Last edited:
Had Bolton on my table at start of the day and on my table during the 6 max

Think he may have been the guy Ash was telling me about who was running like god on day 1 and had 90k before first break

He seems a good player who could run over that field though

Tino was on my table for a while before I busted and played pretty tight, I 3bet jammed on him 3 times he folded all of them, given his PFR% was pretty small I assume he was folding mid strength hands a lot

One of the final tablist was extreme short on the bubble and doubled aipf with 85 (or something, 8 high fwiw) v AT and was obviously able to run it up

A5 friend is kind of a balla that just "enters the tournament" rather then getting all the low down on specific details

Given 95% of tournaments are re entry I can see how he did it but he probably should have done a bit better (though once he opens its a get in anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back