Toast Crows 2015 Profit: $1.5 million

Remove this Banner Ad

Qld or do you mean central brisvagas.
No free rides in cairns.

Well in South East QLD there is. If there is a game at the gabba, you can catch a train from 100kms away on the GC for free, then get a free connecting bus. Sames goes for trips from brisbane to metricon.

I think the club should have an "opt-in" for transport, if you want to pay an extra $20 on top of your membership you get a membership card that says you can travel for free. Same applies to buying a match ticket, you can pay an extra $2 on top of your ticket to get a ticket that includes public transport.

The current system means members are paying for the opposition to get to the game.

No way that can work

If you have people opting out it becomes too expensive to put on

Well in South East QLD there is. If there is a game at the gabba, you can catch a train from 100kms away on the GC for free, then get a free connecting bus. Sames goes for trips from brisbane to metricon.

Yep I've done both of those.
Now can they supply a free plane flight down.
Qantas preferred but Tiger will do..
I have heard that pensioners either used to, or possibly still can, ride anywhere on a train for $10. including Cairns to Brisbane.

I've read that the $1.5m operating profit doesn't include depreciation costs, but other clubs do include it.

Is this accurate? Have the details been released yet?

I'm really hoping the days of this sort of bullshit spin are over.

I've read that the $1.5m operating profit doesn't include depreciation costs, but other clubs do include it.

Is this accurate? Have the details been released yet?

I'm really hoping the days of this sort of bullshit spin are over.
Some do some don't. I think after depreciation it worked out at just under $1mil.

Whats more criminal is the $800k we pay as equalisation and the $400k more a year we pay to the SANFL.

Some do some don't. I think after depreciation it worked out at just under $1mil.

Whats more criminal is the $800k we pay as equalisation and the $400k more a year we pay to the SANFL.

I know about the other costs, I just don't like the idea of being given the impression that our profit was greater than it actually was.

Either way, it's a fine turnaround from last year, but i would like complete transparency.

Last edited:
I think $400k to keep our group together in the sanfl is cheap as s**t. $800k equalisation is harsh though.
Well its 1.1 mil to the SANFL, 400k more than our neighbours. I'd like to know where the money is going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How in the name of all that is holy do they still have debts?!?!?!

Trickle feed of sale of Footy Park for like 15 years from the developer. Would of been better to just sell it get the cash payout the debt. As it is they will lose half to interest over the duration.

I know about the other costs, I just don't like the idea of being given the impression that our profit was greater than it actually was.

Either way, it's a fine turnaround from last year, but i would like complete transparency.
if I recall correctly we wrote a few years in advance worth of depreciation costs into last years books, but I might just be remembering an unfounded comment from on the board here.

Well its 1.1 mil to the SANFL, 400k more than our neighbours. I'd like to know where the money is going

The 400k that goes to the SANFL is distributed to the clubs. One of the beefs is that some of this money is used to attract high-profile recruits rather than being used to develop grassroots footy.

The 400k that goes to the SANFL is distributed to the clubs. One of the beefs is that some of this money is used to attract high-profile recruits rather than being used to develop grassroots footy.
Thats the issue for me. Put the money back into junior development programs, at almost 50k per club it could do a whole heap of good.

We could choose to depreciate our training facilities over 30 years but replace them in 10. Free cash flow is where it's at.

You won't have free cash flow if you haven't apportioned the costs of replacement throughout the life of the asset. If you spend your pre depreciation surpluses, how will you have the available funds to replace the facility.

You won't have free cash flow if you haven't apportioned the costs of replacement throughout the life of the asset. If you spend your pre depreciation surpluses, how will you have the available funds to replace the facility.
What are you an accountant :)

They still depreciated the training facility didn't they? Just reported profit before depreciation. Replacement cost if we move to the city would be a much higher figure.

True. But if we're having a bad year, reduce the life of those assets to 5 years. If you're gonna make a loss make it big. People will forget in 12 months anyway. Then you can revise again 12 months later and extend out that life, book a lower depreciation and voila, profit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back