Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

Geoffa32

Hall of Famer
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Couldnt think of a better place to post this. Never realised how bad Fitzgerald’s knees were. Could have been a superstar. He’s a top bloke, hope it works out for him.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/ryan-fitzgerald-reveals-extent-of-post-afl-career-injuries-and-shock-surgery-he-may-need-next/news-story/73538e3d13ce0d7ac78e16c783b00268

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw him and his son at a Souths game last year. He was trying to kick the footy with his son, I assumed it was his son, and to see how he struggled with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
I saw him and his son at a Souths game last year. He was trying to kick the footy with his son, I assumed it was his son, and to see how he struggled with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It’s a shame that the game he loved so much and was extremely good at has been so hard on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
https://www.afc.com.au/news/2019-06-11/injury-update-round-13

Injury list, as of Tuesday, May 11

Lynch (Calf) – 1-2 weeks
Doedee (ACL) – Season
Incredible injury list for this time of the season. I would put it down to a combination of good fortune and good management. We should be very grateful.

Looks like they are carefully managing Lynch so that he will be right and ready to go for the blockbuster at Kardinia Park (Geelong) after the bye on Friday 28th of June (a fortnight from this Friday). Coming off a bye and with a nearly full list this should be an epic game and maybe one of our best chances to beat Geelong over there in a long time despite their place on the ladder....

....I know, we've got get past Richmond on Thursday first, but a bit of excitement or adrenaline in the camp every now and then doesn't hurt!

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Tom is running does that mean he could play this season?
Yes he could technically play end of this season. But you need to ask 2 more questions:
1. Will he be any good, up to AFL standard? Not likely.
2. What is the likelihood of a knee injury recurrence within the first 6 months of injury? Very high.

So taking the above points into consideration, what’s it worth playing Tom this season? Absolute zero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Injury front this year has been somewhat different compared with last year. Where last year the theme was mainly hammies and feet, this year in just the one game, we’ve had:
- knee hyperextension
- quad bruising
- calf bruising
- damaged teeth (!)

Houston

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Going into the bye and we only have two players that will definitely be unavailable for Geelong in 2 weeks. This Saunders bloke is an absolute pro, he's completely turned things around after the disaster that was 2018.

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
I take it the one week stated here is the week of the bye and that all except for Doedee and Jenkins are expected to be available for Geelong. Is this how others read it? I think Jenkins should prove himself in the SANFL before coming back in. We have seen that it has taken Seedsman a bit of time to build back to his best following a similar injury.

crows dude

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I take it the one week stated here is the week of the bye and that all except for Doedee and Jenkins are expected to be available for Geelong. Is this how others read it? I think Jenkins should prove himself in the SANFL before coming back in. We have seen that it has taken Seedsman a bit of time to build back to his best following a similar injury.
Yes thats how i see it as well.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep. There is a paragraph below that says that Kelly, Lynch, Murphy and Talia will be fit to face Geelong.

1970crow

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2011
alice springs
AFL Club
Adelaide
All those 1 week should be tests I think.

Top Bottom