Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a bummer about Brown. Good player but replaceable. On a brighter note, isn't it good barely 2 weeks out from round 1 and the injuries update thread is only 5 pages long! It probably would've been 50 this time last year.

Hasn't trained down back and doesn't know the structures or setups, so don't think it will even be considered.
That’s what I’m thinking but given Browns had his injury for a while, you would have thought they should have looked at it

I’d like Murphy to be trialled as a replacement for Brown as the small lockdown back pocket player.

I’m not convinced he’s got the goods to be a long term player in the forward pocket and it’s now a position where we have some depth whereas I don’t immediately see a natural replacement for Brown currently on our list.

No real drama.

Shuffle Smith to a back pocket, shift Milera up forward, leave either Jones or McHenry out.

That leaves a vacancy at half back for a run and carry player....lets see, who’s left that can fill that role :think:
Peter "Camporeale" J

Bad luck for Browny. All the best with the recovery. Fortunately we have a bit of coverage there.

Back 7 will more than likely look like:

B: Kelly - Talia - Doedee
HB: Laird - Keath - Smith
I: Milera

Or we could have Murphy, Jones, McHenry or *shudder* Mackay or Douglas cover if we needed..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Kelly play in Luke Brown Position on Saturday,
And you're all forgetting Will Hamill.
Don't reckon we will throw Will in just yet.

Kelly is certainly the incumbent and I'm relatively happy with that.

Luke Brown has all of a sudden become even more underrated by this board...and he was already the most underrated player on our list.
He will be a huge loss
He is not underrated, but he is injured and cannot play for a while so we talk about who will replace him, As for a huge Loss, No unless the Crows has several best 22 players missing, then replacing 1 best 22 is not a huge gap.

FFS. That is terrible news about Brown. Its also another knock to the high performance staff for getting it wrong and waiting until now to get him in for surgery. It's not like there isn't precedence here that we should be worried about. I have absolutely no faith in the high performance team that ruined us last season and pretty much everyone is still there.

Over reaction? Possibly. But I cant help but feel like this is same s**t different day. Who's next?

IMHO, defence is our archilles heel ( and we rarely have a shortage of dodgy archilles), we have a boatload of elite rebounding defenders but only one quality lockdown key defender = Talia, one quality lockdown medium/small defender = Brown and one quality third tall intercept defender = Doedee.

Whilst not in our best 22, Kelly is by far our next best medium/small lockdown defender. I therefore predict that an injury is not far away. If Bran Nue Mackae can pull this off he will make Steven Bradbury look like a frontrunner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back