Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Sorry for not knowing this, but is the women's team trained by the same group that trains the men? The women are doing exceptionally well in this area this year, but according to Ebony in the 'Tiser this morning, they weren't all that fit last year.
Why are you sorry? You don't need to apologise just becacuse you don't have intimate knowledge of the womens team.

FWIW it's a good question and I have NFI either

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
See the error you made there?

This is not a place for fact, it is a place to repetitively re-state rumours as fact until they are generally accepted as such.

See, for example, the “rumour” that Burton has been moved - that is now a big footy fact and no matter what the club states they are merely lying to the fans.
That’s the danger/charm in Big Footy - the lines between rumour and fact becomes blurred to the point it matters nought, as long as the majority agrees!

At the the end of the day, I frankly wouldn’t give a damn what precise roles Saunders does and what desk in what department Burton works in. All I care is that “can we limit these damn hammy pandemic in 2019?!”

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
See the error you made there?

This is not a place for fact, it is a place to repetitively re-state rumours as fact until they are generally accepted as such.

See, for example, the “rumour” that Burton has been moved - that is now a big footy fact and no matter what the club states they are merely lying to the fans.

That's because the Crows spent the last 12 months feeding the supporter base complete bullshit.

When was the last time that the club was honest with its members?

The camp that we were told at the start of the year was a non-issue?
There being no problems with McGovern and him being more than happy at the club?
Injuries that were the result of bad luck rather than poor management?

The list goes on and on

Reality is that the most of what the clubs feeds out to members is just complete garbage and positive PR spin.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Actual fact is that they have desks on completely different levels in the admin, so no sharing happens.

Smart has done bloody well in terms of getting in some very impressive companies to sponsor our men's and women's teams.
It was a joke.

I Probably should lay off Nige. A good friend of mine is on a board for a Charity. Nige does some.work for them in his own time and my mate gave me a verbal backhander once when I said something negative about him.

My mate is also a Port supporter, a minor sponsor of theirs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Keep Burton away from player prep and rehab

And the guys and process behind his appointment and promotion?

It’s unbelievable that he’s not allowed to go near the area he was specifically recruited for

weneverland

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think it’s a combination of poor management, poor training, and bad luck.
So far it seems reversed because we’re approaching the management with more care and luck is returning due to the laws of conservation of luck (ie. you win some, you lose some).

Hopefully no lengthy injuries this year, and the team can build on momentum working as a unit.
"laws of conservation of luck" lol

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

It’s unbelievable that he’s not allowed to go near the area he was specifically recruited for
I am sure he says hello to the players every now and then.

Fagan and co acknowledged they did wrong in giving Burton that job by appointing Saunders this year.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Fagan and co acknowledged they did wrong in giving Burton that job by appointing Saunders this year.

Proof will be in the pudding next time we have to make an appointment

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Shaun Rehn was a great ruck when he wasn't injured. No adelaide crows ruck has ever come close to 50% of Rehn's output imo. I know Jacob's is like bambi to many a supporter but my eyes don't lie.
He finished in the bottom few rucks last year for a reason. He may have been a good ruck 4 to 5 years ago which commentators and other teams supporters who maybe watch 1 of our games a year keep referencing. Sorry but the fact he is still our first choice ruck is an indictment on list management and our ability to trade in players. If we win a flag it will be in spite of him and not because of him.
I remember Rehn as a great ruck around the ground, especially his kick behind the play work when he regularly cut off numerous opposition attacks. One of our greatest players no doubt, but while his competiveness in the ruck was elite I never felt his actual tap work was. He also dabbled at CHF but that never really worked and then injury cut him down.
Matthew '1 mark per game' Clarke for was a better tap ruckman, but useless in anything else.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
aaaa

His problem was he could not stop micro-managing, All that is happening today is he is doing the job he paid for,
He managing the football department, which mean he is letting the department heads run the departments.

His Problem will be no matter how well he does his job from today going forward, he will always be remembered for 2018.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Then why did the clubs head physio get moved on and not Burton?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
It’s all a big conspiracy ..
Not meaning to be a smarty pants but you've lived through the whole Trigg thing and are aware that even after the sanctions and the fines and the disgrace that we welcomed him back with open arms

It's what we do. We look after people who have tenure, no matter what.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
aaaa

His problem was he could not stop micro-managing, All that is happening today is he is doing the job he paid for,
He managing the football department, which mean he is letting the department heads run the departments.

His Problem will be no matter how well he does his job from today going forward, he will always be remembered for 2018.
We hired him as our fitness guy with a dubious record, that appointment turned out to be disaster and wasted any chance we had in 2018 after playing in a Grand Final.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide

Burton is the head of football, it's his job to hire Saunders, not Fagan.

Doctor B

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Did I hear Tex on the radio earlier this week saying that they were having an intra club game tomorrow?

Does anyone know what time its scheduled or if you can get close enough to footy park to watch them?

https://www.afc.com.au/news/2019-03-15/seedsman-to-miss-round-one

Seedsman is out, so guess who would be in line for his spot?

6ec7a1427c2c59759b92fb504f29bd37

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I doubt it, I think this gives Greenwood the go-ahead and they shuffle Gibbs back.

I doubt it, I think this gives Greenwood the go-ahead and they shuffle Gibbs back.

I highly doubt we're shuffling Gibbs to an outside midfield role. Wouldn't be against it though.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I highly doubt we're shuffling Gibbs to an outside midfield role. Wouldn't be against it though.
They could also use Knight's running ability on a wing, or Jones

Plenty of options already in the side before they have to resort to David.

They could also use Knight's running ability on a wing, or Jones

Plenty of options already in the side before they have to resort to David.

There are plenty of options, it's just a matter of whether we use them, or resort to our old ways

Back