Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Two best 22 players out injured that play his exact positions. Can we resist the temptation?

giphy.gif

We hired him as our fitness guy with a dubious record, that appointment turned out to be disaster and wasted any chance we had in 2018 after playing in a Grand Final.

In Sept 2015 We hired him as general manager of high performance, a year later he was the successful applicant for the Head of Football role. And Haas Became the general manager of high performance Only problem was Burton Mirco Managed, and the Crows hired the wrong consultant re Kanga tech and Nordbord.
Today Brett Burton is doing the Role he was Hired to do in Nov 2016, being the Head of Football, and either being forced to or has finally understood what the Head of Football does.

In Sept 2015 We hired him as general manager of high performance, a year later he was the successful applicant for the Head of Football role. And Haas Became the general manager of high performance Only problem was Burton Mirco Managed, and the Crows hired the wrong consultant re Kanga tech and Nordbord.
Today Brett Burton is doing the Role he was Hired to do in Nov 2016, being the Head of Football, and either being forced to or has finally understood what the Head of Football does.
Why are you giving me a history lesson?

He obviously micro managed the fitness program and ****ed it up, that’s why he has nothing to do with it. Again he was recruited as our fitness guy and we’ve effectively removed him from having anything to do with what we originally brought him to the club to do. Which brings into question again his appointment given his poor record at Brisbane.

Why are you giving me a history lesson?

He obviously micro managed the fitness program and ****** it up, that’s why he has nothing to do with it. Again he was recruited as our fitness guy and we’ve effectively removed him from having anything to do with what we originally brought him to the club to do. Which brings into question again his appointment given his poor record at Brisbane.
It was a s**t appointment and only made as Roo is his best mate.

At least now that wrong has been partially fixed. Hopefully he is good at Management and not actually doing anything.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed it's only a week or two. Would hate for Seed to miss a handful. Any long term injuries and this page would lose it's grip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not meaning to be a smarty pants but you've lived through the whole Trigg thing and are aware that even after the sanctions and the fines and the disgrace that we welcomed him back with open arms

It's what we do. We look after people who have tenure, no matter what.
Completely different catastrophe, completely different people (apart from Chapman) in senior roles at the club

I wouldn't be happy with Jones on a wing. Prefer DM's experience or maybe Rory and Gibbs rotating through. Jones is still a boy and could get brushed aside playing wing. Small forward to start his career. He went okay in JLT for a kid and obviously has a great future ahead of him. But the lack of possessions was telling. Small steps to start.

I wouldn't be happy with Jones on a wing. Prefer DM's experience or maybe Rory and Gibbs rotating through. Jones is still a boy and could get brushed aside playing wing. Small forward to start his career. He went okay in JLT for a kid and obviously has a great future ahead of him. But the lack of possessions was telling. Small steps to start.
You can’t even bring yourself to say his name :)

As for being brushed aside, that’s ironic.

But Gibbs on the wing would work

You can’t even bring yourself to say his name :)

As for being brushed aside, that’s ironic.

But Gibbs on the wing would work

Or Knight - use him as a defensive winger to curb Isaac Smith.

That's because the Crows spent the last 12 months feeding the supporter base complete bullshit.

When was the last time that the club was honest with its members?

The camp that we were told at the start of the year was a non-issue?
There being no problems with McGovern and him being more than happy at the club?
Injuries that were the result of bad luck rather than poor management?

The list goes on and on

Reality is that the most of what the clubs feeds out to members is just complete garbage and positive PR spin.
I think you mean you believe it is mostly bullshit.

You don’t actually have any idea what goes on in the football club so you assume it is bullshit.

No doubt the bullshit from the club will continue.

I'd put money that the official line from the club will be that Burton's role hasn't changed from last year.

While the club won't publicly admit its stuff ups, at least it seems as though they are addressing them internally.
To be honest as long as they do address it internally i couldn't give a stuff what they say externally

To be honest as long as they do address it internally i couldn't give a stuff what they say externally
The problem is we don’t know that they’ve addressed this internally. The real issue here is the boys club appointment and on that there is crickets. What happens next time we have to fill a role?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back