Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok Wayne fans and Milera lovers, here's the latest shoulder injury update:
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/0c1404fa2ee8b65dbdadeef0f697f562
Main points from the above site:
"Adelaide’s Wayne Milera has avoided surgery — for now anyway — on a high-grade AC joint sprain that is expected to sideline him for at least a month.
Milera and the club met with a surgeon on Tuesday morning after he finished Sunday’s game against Gold Coast with his arm in a sling following a heavy clash with Pearce Hanley at Adelaide Oval.
It was initially feared he would face immediate surgery and be sidelined for a minimum of six weeks but the shoulder showed significant progress in the last 24 hours and will instead be monitored over the next week.
Best case scenario is rest and rehabilitation and Milera could be back playing in a month but surgery is still an option if it doesn’t improve."

So fingers crossed it will be a 1 month off and no more.

Ok Wayne fans and Milera lovers, here's the latest shoulder injury update:
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/0c1404fa2ee8b65dbdadeef0f697f562
Main points from the above site:
"Adelaide’s Wayne Milera has avoided surgery — for now anyway — on a high-grade AC joint sprain that is expected to sideline him for at least a month.
Milera and the club met with a surgeon on Tuesday morning after he finished Sunday’s game against Gold Coast with his arm in a sling following a heavy clash with Pearce Hanley at Adelaide Oval.
It was initially feared he would face immediate surgery and be sidelined for a minimum of six weeks but the shoulder showed significant progress in the last 24 hours and will instead be monitored over the next week.
Best case scenario is rest and rehabilitation and Milera could be back playing in a month but surgery is still an option if it doesn’t improve."

So fingers crossed it will be a 1 month off and no more.
Sometimes I wonder if it’s worth just biting the bullet and taking the six week hit for it to be better and good to go?

Sometimes I wonder if it’s worth just biting the bullet and taking the six week hit for it to be better and good to go?

Having had a grade III AC sprain myself, I think he should get the surgery. I (selfishly) played the season out with mine but had absolutely no strength in that side.

I reckon Laird will bounce back when Brown returns. He ain't really a BP and is having to cover that role.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He’s actually also getting tagged. Like Sloane last year, he is struggling to find his way through it I think.

Depends on our goals here. If we're thinking we have a squad capable of a deep finals push, then surgery has to be the go here. If not, then rest and see how it takes in a couple of weeks.

Injury list as of Tuesday, April 23

McAdam (Calf) – Test
Milera (AC Joint) – TBC
McPherson (Hamstring) – 1-2 weeks
Brown (Ankle) – 1-2 weeks
Seedsman (Knee) – 2-5 weeks
Douglas (Syndesmosis) – 4 weeks
Jacobs (Knee) – 4-6 weeks
Doedee (ACL) – Season

It was first thought Milera would need surgery but it's settled and scans are positive. If it doesn't need surgery, a month out. If it ends up needing surgery, two months out.

McPherson was 1 week away last week. Now 1-2 weeks.

Brown has come in from 3+ weeks to just 1-2 weeks so that's good news

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

McAdam (Calf) – Test
Milera (AC Joint) – TBC
Doedee (ACL) – Season

It was first thought Milera would need surgery but it's settled and scans are positive. If it doesn't need surgery, a month out. If it ends up needing surgery, two months out.

bit like last year with the injury update..week 1 player X 2 weeks, 3 weeks later player X 3 weeks, 3 weeks later, player X 2 weeks....I take the injury update with a grain of salt when it comes to our club lately

McAdam (Calf) – Test
Milera (AC Joint) – TBC
Doedee (ACL) – Season

Injuries really are a week to week prospect. The time frame is just a guideline. Player X might have a set back at training, so his time line will be adjusted accordingly. You can’t take these time lines as absolute. That’s not how the body works.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
You already know the answer to this Jen. Conservative always best approach first before surgery. Surgery has its own sets of risk and possible complications which can delay the recovery period even further. Also, surgery doesn't guarantee an injury to not recur.

Having had a grade III AC sprain myself, I think he should get the surgery. I (selfishly) played the season out with mine but had absolutely no strength in that side.
The difference in your injury and that of Milera would be that he is still being paid to sit on his ass and shoulder (doing minimal work) for 3-4 weeks for recovery period. Whereas mere mortals have to keep working (paid jobs) and doing chores and not allow the shoulder the proper rest it needs for these types of injuries.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not convinced McPherson actually exists.
One of my genie wish would be to see McPherson play any ground in any league. I've flicked on the SANFL sporadically over the past 2 years and not once have I witness a McPherson play for the Crows.
Is McPherson the most recent Mandela Effect???

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
One of my genie wish would be to see McPherson play any ground in any league. I've flicked on the SANFL sporadically over the past 2 years and not once have I witness a McPherson play for the Crows.
Is McPherson the most recent Mandela Effect???

I've seen him, and he looked a very smooth mover, before he was injured.

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not convinced McPherson actually exists.
I went to Unley last year specifically to check on The Big Mac in the flesh. He looked magnificent in the first quarter.....then blew his hammy.

I went to the Bay this year and The Big Mac had not missed a beat. He looked as smooth as a racing tadpole in the first quarter...... then blew his hammy.

Surely the problem is not with The Big Mac, it is all on my head for being so curious.

Back