Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength through adversity.....

Also if you play your own game good enough umpirining is never a factor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There's no excuse for blatant cheating though. The SANFL is a joke and the sooner we get out, the better.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-17/muscle-tear-forces-midfield-gun-out-of-crows-clash-with-lions

"ADELAIDE prime mover Matt Crouch has been ruled out of Saturday's top-eight clash with Brisbane at the Gabba.

Crouch has a small muscle tear in his hip and failed a fitness test on Friday morning.

The All Australian midfielder is averaging 31.2 disposals and 4.2 clearances per game this season.

Bryce Gibbs – who missed last weekend's Showdown with a back injury – replaces Crouch in the side, with Myles Poholke added to the emergencies."

Going to be tough without the prolific ball winner in MCrouch, but hopefully Gibbs can get more midfield role and regain some form.
CEY, here's your time to shine!

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-17/muscle-tear-forces-midfield-gun-out-of-crows-clash-with-lions

"ADELAIDE prime mover Matt Crouch has been ruled out of Saturday's top-eight clash with Brisbane at the Gabba.

Crouch has a small muscle tear in his hip and failed a fitness test on Friday morning.

The All Australian midfielder is averaging 31.2 disposals and 4.2 clearances per game this season.

Bryce Gibbs – who missed last weekend's Showdown with a back injury – replaces Crouch in the side, with Myles Poholke added to the emergencies."

Going to be tough without the prolific ball winner in MCrouch, but hopefully Gibbs can get more midfield role and regain some form.
CEY, here's your time to shine!
I can't remember a time when our depth was this good. Bringing Gibbs in for an injured M Crouch with Seedsman et al playing in the reserves tomorrow and so many there banging the door down!

We should get the comprehensive weekly update from the club tomorrow (Tuesday).
Yeah sorry I was going to edit my post and got sidetracked
My ref was that there was no mention of ROB’s injury in that post match report
Yet stories posted of wheelchairs and crutches I believe were posted on this board

Injury list as of Tuesday, May 21

M Crouch (Hip Contusion) – Test
Hartigan (Concussion) – Test
Milera (AC Joint) – Test
Jacobs (Knee) – 1 week
Doedee (ACL) – Season

Matt is back running and should be part of Thursday's main session

Hartigan is looking positive and should play

Smith, Sloane, ROB and Keath all banged up though, which is a concern. Probably our best four players in our winning streak.

Injury list as of Tuesday, May 21

M Crouch (Hip Contusion) – Test
Hartigan (Concussion) – Test
Milera (AC Joint) – Test
Jacobs (Knee) – 1 week
Doedee (ACL) – Season

Matt is back running and should be part of Thursday's main session

Hartigan is looking positive and should play

Assuming all 3 "tests" play, that would be the shortest injury list the Crows have had in a very, very long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith, Sloane, ROB and Keath all banged up though, which is a concern. Probably our best four players in our winning streak.

Thats the bigger concern for me. They may play, but are they so banged up where their presence is an issue on the ground.

Assuming all 3 "tests" play, that would be the shortest injury list the Crows have had in a very, very long time.
Do we put it all down to moving Burton completely out of the fitness area?

It's drawing a low bow... but yes.

Sauce SANFL next week. WOW only Seedsman on the list after this round touch wood. One mighty strong SANFL side. Now we just gotta get support to the games. Will be pretty embarrassing making a GF and no one going.

Anyone else see the sneaky training footage on Ch 7 or 9 last night which showed Matt Crouch recoiling from contact in apparent agony, referencing his hip area?

Seemed like he copped a hard knock or re-injured himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back