Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Yes what a SANFL side it will be this week. A whole list available except Doedee. I assume one or two will travel over with the AFL side so will be interesting teams Thursday night.

AFL Squad of 24 - Greenwood, B Crouch, Knight, Jenkins, Walker, M Crouch, Gallucci, Sloane, Seedsman, Talia, Hartigan, Brown, Betts, Jones, Lynch, Laird, Milera, Fogarty, Smith, Keath, O'Brien, CEY, Wilson, Murphy

SANFL Squad - Wright, Gibbs, Kelly, Poholke Mackay, Stengle, Atkins, Otten, Macadam, Jacobs, McHenry, Douglas, Himmelberg, Hamil, MacPherson, Sholl, Davis, Hunter, Butts, Strachan, Top Up

Betts Jenkins Fogarty
Lynch Walker Murphy
Sloane Greenwood Seedsman
Smith Talia Laird
Brown Keath Milera

O'Brien
B Crouch
M Crouch

Knight, Gallucci, Jones, Hartigan, CEY, Wilson

Stengle Macadam Davis
Wright Himmelberg McHenry
Mackay Gibbs Atkins
Kelly Otten Hamil
MacPherson Butts Sholl

Jacobs
Poholke
Douglas

Hunter, Strachan, Top Up

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I am going to this game, their supporters may get a little fiesty lol.
I kinda wish we'd drafted one of their players yesterday just for the lols

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sometimes a comparison doesn't hurt. Here is the Melbourne injury list from yesterday. I think by comparison we can be very grateful: https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2019-05-28/injury-update-melksham-faces-setback

Injury List
Nathan Jones | Head – Available
“He will probably have a pretty light week, but we suspect he’s going to be OK. He passed his concussion test, so we’ll just take it easy with him early in the week.”
Christian Salem | Concussion – Available
“His concussion symptoms have cleared so he just needs to complete training this week, but we expect him to play.”
Michael Hibberd | Collarbone – Test
“Hibbo is going well. He did a good rehab session yesterday, but he’ll need to tick some boxes tomorrow in order to put himself up to play.”
Kade Kolodjashnij | Concussion – Test
“Kade is looking good and is hoping to play in the VFL this week.”
Jake Lever | Ankle – Test
“Scans didn’t show a whole lot of structural damage – he’s improving each day. We’ll try to get him out to do a little bit of training, so we’ll probably know a little bit more after that session.”
Steven May | Groin – Test
“Maysie’s going well. He trained in full last week and his plan is to play VFL this week.”
Alex Neal-Bullen | Concussion – Test
“He’s probably 50/50 to play. He had another head knock at training last week – he wasn’t concussed but we were just concerned because it was two in the week. He’ll be talking to the doctor about a plan for this week, so we’ll wait and see with him.”
Harry Petty | Knee – Test
“Petty just had a minor medial ligament strain. The scan was quite good – it didn’t show a whole lot of damage. He’s still quite sore so he’ll be a test this week.”
Corey Maynard | Concussion – 1 week
“It was a pretty significant concussion, so he’s been ruled out this week and we’ll just asses him next week to see if he’ll get up for the Collingwood weekend.”
Joel Smith | Groin – 4-6 weeks
“Joel’s going OK but he’s still getting some soreness, so there’s no real change for him.”
Aaron vandenBerg | Foot – 4-6 weeks
“Vanders is going well – he’s now had five runs outside and is starting to progress his load. Importantly, he’s not getting any pain so he’s taking small steps forward.”
Jake Melksham | Foot – 5-6 weeks
“Jake’s had a little bit of a setback. He went and saw a surgeon last week who suggested he needed to stay in the moonboot for another couple of weeks. He comes out of the boot early June and he’ll need another month after that until he’s back playing.”
Neville Jetta | Knee – 6-8 weeks
“Nev’s started some running on the AlterG so that will progress to some running outside next week, then we’ll take him from there.”
Guy Walker | Shoulder – Indefinite
Aaron Nietschke | Knee – Season

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's the go with Crouch? Gone from being a late out to missing the following 2 games as well without us really knowing much more.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
There were rumours it could be a serious injury.
So frustrating with the AFL how all clubs blanket what's wrong with players, feels like it's us fans that are the only ones left in the dark as a result of this as well. Wish we could take a leaf from the US sports and just be open and honest about it.

Makes it worse when you've got these players in fantasy and teams won't say anything.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
So frustrating with the AFL how all clubs blanket what's wrong with players, feels like it's us fans that are the only ones left in the dark as a result of this as well. Wish we could take a leaf from the US sports and just be open and honest about it.

Makes it worse when you've got these players in fantasy and teams won't say anything.
It's really mainly MCrouch that's sort of in the dark. Sometimes though, injuries are not always obvious early on, and can either take awhile to reveal itself, or complications can arise after the initial injury.

Think the "common cold". Sometimes it's obviously a cold, but then sometimes you wait, and it turns out to be a full blown sinus/chest infection!

Having said that, anyone know what the heck is happening to MCrouch? Anyone seen him run laps around the oval?

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
I highly doubt Matt Crouch has no idea what's going on with his own body. He'd know how his feeling and what's wrong with him along with a rough recovery time.

And yes, things can blow out from being something that looks to be one week to something that turns into multiple weeks but it's also not hard to update that to the fans either. The large majority understand there are setbacks and things change. Letting us know is great and gives us the answer rather then saying nothing and leaving us with plenty of questions.

We're not alone either, look what Geelong do on almost a weekly basis with their late changes, just taking the piss really.

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Injury list as of Tuesday, June 4
M Crouch (Hip Contusion) – Test
Sloane (Hamstring) – Test
Doedee (ACL) – Season
I reckon that if those of us here were offered to have this injury list at this date (eg between rounds 11 and 12) before the season started, most of us would have taken it without blinking. There would be few AFL clubs currently better off than us injury wise at this present point in the season.

I reckon that if those of us here were offered to have this injury list at this date (eg between rounds 11 and 12) before the season started, most of us would have taken it without blinking. There would be few AFL clubs currently better off than us injury wise at this present point in the season.
In Saunders we trust...

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We’re only thinking this when comparing to the massive disaster that was our 2018 injury toll! Kind of makes me think what could have been if last year the injuries were similar to this year’s?

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
The quality on that list is great but the fact there’s only 3 on the injury list at round 12 is a marked improvement on last year

We need Sloane and Crouch if we are to beat GWS. Talia needs to nullify Cameron, I feel it’s a game that will tell us where Talia is this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
We need Sloane and Crouch if we are to beat GWS. Talia needs to nullify Cameron, I feel it’s a game that will tell us where Talia is this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd probably play Hartigan on Cameron. Talia is not quick enough.

Back