Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldnt think of a better place to post this. Never realised how bad Fitzgerald’s knees were. Could have been a superstar. He’s a top bloke, hope it works out for him.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...t/news-story/73538e3d13ce0d7ac78e16c783b00268

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw him and his son at a Souths game last year. He was trying to kick the footy with his son, I assumed it was his son, and to see how he struggled with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I saw him and his son at a Souths game last year. He was trying to kick the footy with his son, I assumed it was his son, and to see how he struggled with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It’s a shame that the game he loved so much and was extremely good at has been so hard on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.afc.com.au/news/2019-06-11/injury-update-round-13

Injury list, as of Tuesday, May 11

Lynch (Calf) – 1-2 weeks
Doedee (ACL) – Season
Incredible injury list for this time of the season. I would put it down to a combination of good fortune and good management. We should be very grateful.

Looks like they are carefully managing Lynch so that he will be right and ready to go for the blockbuster at Kardinia Park (Geelong) after the bye on Friday 28th of June (a fortnight from this Friday). Coming off a bye and with a nearly full list this should be an epic game and maybe one of our best chances to beat Geelong over there in a long time despite their place on the ladder....

....I know, we've got get past Richmond on Thursday first, but a bit of excitement or adrenaline in the camp every now and then doesn't hurt!

If Tom is running does that mean he could play this season?
Yes he could technically play end of this season. But you need to ask 2 more questions:
1. Will he be any good, up to AFL standard? Not likely.
2. What is the likelihood of a knee injury recurrence within the first 6 months of injury? Very high.

So taking the above points into consideration, what’s it worth playing Tom this season? Absolute zero.

Injury front this year has been somewhat different compared with last year. Where last year the theme was mainly hammies and feet, this year in just the one game, we’ve had:
- knee hyperextension
- quad bruising
- calf bruising
- damaged teeth (!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it the one week stated here is the week of the bye and that all except for Doedee and Jenkins are expected to be available for Geelong. Is this how others read it? I think Jenkins should prove himself in the SANFL before coming back in. We have seen that it has taken Seedsman a bit of time to build back to his best following a similar injury.

I take it the one week stated here is the week of the bye and that all except for Doedee and Jenkins are expected to be available for Geelong. Is this how others read it? I think Jenkins should prove himself in the SANFL before coming back in. We have seen that it has taken Seedsman a bit of time to build back to his best following a similar injury.
Yes thats how i see it as well.

Yep. There is a paragraph below that says that Kelly, Lynch, Murphy and Talia will be fit to face Geelong.

All those 1 week should be tests I think.

Bit with Steve Saunders and Kangatech on the Crows show today.

Surprised they didn't get Burton to talk us through it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back