Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2020 - The Defending Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE are using their new training venue (has two ovals) for their AFLW matches.

They do everything we should be doing - cafe, superstore and venue for AFLW & reserves to play.

However this is Perth Demon's home ground renovated by West Coast and 2 WAFL teams play there. West Coast Reserves and Perth.

My take on the Conferences is that the AFL fudged around to the cascading to get an outcome. Presto

Conference A - All Australian Conference less WA.
Has a footprint in all states and territories other than WA
Adelaide
North Melbourne Tasmania Kangaroos - Melb Metro and games in North and South Tasmania
Geelong - Regional Victoria
GWS - NSW and incorporates ACT. Game at Wagga Wagga. No games at Manuka due to cricket World Cup
Brisbane
Gold Coast - incorporates NT and NQ
Richmond - Metro Melb

Conference B - Metro Melbourne with Perth annex
Carlton
Collingwood
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Fremantle
West Coast

Last edited:

NikkiNoo - With the membership, in particular "Invite to an exclusive training session – an inside look to in season training" - Whats the access to players/coaches like? I have something at home which I wouldn't mind getting signed by one of our coaches.

We’ve tended to arrive while they are starting training and leave before training has finished, so possibly not. There could be the possibility of staying until the end of training but you would have to ask. They are pretty accomodating when I’ve asked to attend other training sessions but I’ve never asked about getting something signed.

We’ve tended to arrive while they are starting training and leave before training has finished, so possibly not. There could be the possibility of staying until the end of training but you would have to ask. They are pretty accomodating when I’ve asked to attend other training sessions but I’ve never asked about getting something signed.
Just tee it up with Harps. I'm sure he'd be happy to get it done.

My take on the Conferences is that the AFL fudged around to the cascading to get an outcome. Presto

Conference A - All Australian Conference less WA.
Has a footprint in all states and territories other than WA
Adelaide
North Melbourne Tasmania Kangaroos - Melb Metro and games in North and South Tasmania
Geelong - Regional Victoria
GWS - NSW and incorporates ACT. Game at Wagga Wagga. No games at Manuka due to cricket World Cup
Brisbane
Gold Coast - incorporates NT and NQ
Richmond - Metro Melb

Conference B - Metro Melbourne with Perth annex
Carlton
Collingwood
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Fremantle
West Coast
I honestly think people are reading too much on the grouping of the conferences. There’s too much player movement and unknown in the new recruits for each team, to be sure of the rankings for next year.

All we can really focus on is try to improve ourselves as a club, and hopefully that should be good enough again for next season.

With the Matilda's breakthrough with their equal pay deal today, I'd be a little concerned if I was the AFL, in 3 years time when the bargaining agreement is up for review again all the AFLW players will be asking for a something similar.

Or they'll be alot of female athletes sticking with soccer as a sport, there are already a heap that play both, which ever future pathway offers more is generally where the athletes flock too

With the Matilda's breakthrough with their equal pay deal today, I'd be a little concerned if I was the AFL, in 3 years time when the bargaining agreement is up for review again all the AFLW players will be asking for a something similar.

Or they'll be alot of female athletes sticking with soccer as a sport, there are already a heap that play both, which ever future pathway offers more is generally where the athletes flock too
If they get the same deal as the men, that will at this time mean less than what they are on today, In future years this may be OK but not for a while and not until after the next Broadcasting deal.
Currently the men deal is linked to the revenue.
"AFLPA president Matthew Pavlich said the players were thrilled to receive a fixed share of industry revenue, with the deal giving the players a 28 per cent share of mutually agreed revenues."

A-League doesn't get paid the same as the men, it's just the same match fee for the Australian team. If we have a women's international rules team, they should get paid the same as what the men get paid to play for the Australian team. I doubt the Socceroos are the major source of income for any of the men or women who play for the team.

When I read the article it didn’t seem like equal pay, it was an equal % of how much revenue is generated by each sport. The only equal pay mentioned was national team where they’re contracted by the governing body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The full playing lists for each AFLW team are on the afl site
Hannah Martin (ACL) and Maisie Nankivell (Netball) are on the inactive list, but Phillips, Scheer and Ruth Wallace are listed in squad

Good news re: their injuries?

That is their new coaching panel. No female though.
Devils advocate: they employed the most knowledgable candidates and didn’t weaken their coaching staff simply for gender equality?

That is their new coaching panel. No female though.
Are there simply not enough credentialed female candidates around the country?

Bec got us the cup in our first year, and I can’t see why other female coaches can’t do well in the AFLW?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back