Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2020 - The Defending Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

TheRoo32

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
You've got to think Rachelle Martin is going to get picked up. They clearly like her, gave her a trial run earlier this year which she performed well in, and she's obviously had a great year.

I'm all for it. Her ball-handling skills were clean as a whistle in her one AFLW match.

I 100% agree with you. She is a gun, clean hands, elite in an under and has shown consistent form and improvement over the last two seasons.

I think she would be a great acquisition in the midfield and resting either forward or back pocket. Certainly deserves an opportunity and I think will be given one...

Does it really cost us $3.5m to put the side on the park for the year?

Richmond are citing that figure as the reason they have folded their Womens team
Folded their VFLW team, for those wondering.

I think Melbourne have been the only club so far to separate women's football costs in its annual financial report. For 2019, it said:
The Club’s AFLW and VFLW program costs totalled $1.234m during the year, comprising program costs of $0.665m and player payments of $0.569m. This amount has been largely offset by revenues generated from the program of $1.093m, including sponsorship and membership support as well as AFL funding for player payments.
Should be remembered player payments are obviously increasing every year (as is the AFL's funding), and that figure doesn't include what some players earn for other jobs they have at their club. Accounting for those two factors, $3.5m for the richer teams (who bring in more money via sponsorship and membership) in 2021 seems plausible.

Caputo

All Australian
Dec 5, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Award season for SANFLW couple Crows the bigger winners

2020 SANFLW Best and Fairest Leaderboard
15 – Rachelle Martin (West)
12 – Anne Hatchard (North)
10 – Matilda Zander (Norwood), Katelyn Pope (North)
9 – Abbie Ballard (West), Georgia Bevan (Sturt)
8 – Teah Charlton (South), Zoe Prowse (Sturt), Hannah Munyard (South)

KIA SANFLW Coaches Award Leaderboard
48 – Rachelle Martin (West), Anne Hatchard (North)
44 – Zoe Prowse (Sturt)
35 – Ashleigh Woodland (North)
33 – Teah Charlton (South)
30 – Shelby Smith (Central)
26 – Tahlia Meyer (South)
23 – Georgia Bevan (Sturt)

Greg Williams must be pissed as Hatchard now equal winner of SANFLW Best and Fairest. Umpires gave votes to the other girl in long sleeves. SANFLW corrected this.

Caputo

All Australian
Dec 5, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL has listed Draft Combine nominees male and female. Of interest only 4 from SA and a fifth in Mattea Breed with Teah Charlton, Indy Tahau, Amber Ward and Ash Woodland. That blows out my Abbie Ballad and Alex for Gold Coast.

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFLW Draft tonight! Expecting to see us pick up Charlton, Martin and Woodlands...

The girls who attended the combine look to be the selections.

Tahau will be selected, toss of the coin between Ward and Woodlands for the final pick looks like Woodlands has impressed lately

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
More interested to see what SANFLW players get taken after this state based draft particularly Matilda Zander & Mattea Breed from Norwood who I rate extremely highly and should make AFLW lists .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Collingwood passing on a selection to select a South Australian later on imagine that will be Matilda Zander given she was going to play for them in the VFL this year and coached by former Norwood coach, showed her class again in that SA All Star clash they played

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
1601975589003.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back