Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2021 - “2nd comes right after 1st”

Remove this Banner Ad

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Our culture is about to be tested here, if our young stars stay then we're on the right track. Surely the club can get some of these girls jobs in "other areas" through corporate sponsors and so on
They do, Marinoff and Randall are employed in other areas at the club and the likes of Rajcic, Thompson, Gould and some others have all had jobs or academy employment with Randall at the club

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Was always going to happen sadly

Caputo

All Australian
Dec 5, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
So far 4 spots available. This will gives us a chance to make some changes Forward and Midfield could be tweeked. What do we do with Erin in 2022. I am thinking draft Prowse, Schirmer, Venning and Abbie Ballard. Even though Prowse has been listed as a Ruck I think she should be converted into a KPP. To replace Rajcic or up forward.

Is it a trade for Scheer? If she's going as a marquee player then fine, should get good compo. (I don't know how their system works)
Yes it will be a trade but ultimately doesn't matter as we have first access to all SA talent

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's super sad :( Scheer was one of my favourite players. On the other hand, with AFLW still mostly only offering short-term contracts, we may see her back again one day.

I wonder if she is still pissed at having her ACL injury completely overlooked by the SA media because of Phillips' ACL injury, haha?

Do Geelong have any decent players from SA? It would be nice to organise a player trade rather than getting a pick which is essentially useless. Mind you, if we get a good pick we might be able to trade it with another club for one of their players.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
One my fav players and one our most naturally gifted talents, pretty devastating.
It was only a matter of time before the Vic started poaching all our talent.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
That's super sad :( Scheer was one of my favourite players. On the other hand, with AFLW still mostly only offering short-term contracts, we may see her back again one day.

I wonder if she is still pissed at having her ACL injury completely overlooked by the SA media because of Phillips' ACL injury, haha?

Do Geelong have any decent players from SA? It would be nice to organise a player trade rather than getting a pick which is essentially useless. Mind you, if we get a good pick we might be able to trade it with another club for one of their players.
I don't think it's that, she's a bit of a group outsider... Doesn't fit in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bloody shame loosing Scheer especially considering she’s been with the group since she was 17 and just this season showed she could have moved into the midfield permanently next season.

So far 4 spots available. This will gives us a chance to make some changes Forward and Midfield could be tweeked. What do we do with Erin in 2022. I am thinking draft Prowse, Schirmer, Venning and Abbie Ballard. Even though Prowse has been listed as a Ruck I think she should be converted into a KPP. To replace Rajcic or up forward.
I would be more for going after & convincing Alex Ballard (no relation) from Sturt to stay & not go to Gold Coast then taking Abbie Ballard who’s a bit too limited for the next level.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Speculation on twitter that this may open the door for Port to grab her

Pick 20 and 47 for Scheer

“...she was presented with a compelling offer by the Cats and we had to consider the broader implications of matching such a deal.

“It would have forced us to move on one of the players who finished high up in our Club Champion voting and we were not prepared to do that."

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Playstation Mega Trade

ADELAIDE
In –
Picks 20 (Geelong), 47 (Melbourne)
Out –
Chloe Scheer (Geelong), 49 (Melbourne)

CARLTON
In –
Jess Dal Pos, picks 10, 27 (all GWS), 32 (Melbourne)
Out –
Chloe Dalton and Katie Loynes (GWS), Tayla Harris (Melbourne), pick 44 (Melbourne)

GEELONG
In –
Chloe Scheer (Adelaide), Chantel Emonson and pick 15 (both Melbourne)
Out –
Olivia Purcell (Melbourne), picks 20 (Adelaide), 37 (GWS)

GWS
In –
Chloe Dalton, Katie Loynes, pick 42 (all Carlton), pick 37 (Geelong)
Out –
Jess Dal Pos, picks 10, 27 (all Carlton)

MELBOURNE
In –
Olivia Purcell (Geelong), Tayla Harris (Carlton), picks 44 (Carlton) and 49 (Adelaide)
Out –
Chantel Emonson (Geelong), picks 15 (Geelong), 32 (Carlton), 42 (GWS) and 47 (Adelaide)

So basically Pick #20 for a generational talent that doesn't mean anything in a state based draft anyway

RePete

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Shame to lose Scheer - will hurt us a bit going forwards. Was one of our best - many other players I would happily swap out for her. We are lucky that we have not lost more quality players to new/VFL teams yet. Reckon we may bleed a few when Port come in....

Back