Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2021 - “2nd comes right after 1st”

Remove this Banner Ad

Results at the SA draft combine; https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/2021-aflw-combine-wrap/

Schirmer impressing isn’t a surprise given her athletic qualities she shows in her game, no standouts results other than the top 3 in the sprints and 185cm ruck Leah Cutting taking out the 2km time trial sub 8 minutes at 29.

Gonna be hard to narrow it down to the 3 selections on the 27th, still firmly believe Prowse, Schirmer, Venning, Tonon, Buethke and Cutting all deserve an AFLW chance and are better players than some the club chose to re-sign (Whiteley, Considine and Rajcic)

Narelle Smith coaching WWT that means we need an Assistant Coach
Really depends who has the time with the travel involved for what you imagine is pretty average remuneration, think she’s a cop so SANFLW coaching doesn’t involve travel so a lot easier. Couple of obvious local options with Krissie Steen from North Adelaide or look to get Mark Moody back from West Adelaide, Courtney Cramey’s also done a fair bit of coaching and wouldn’t be a bad option to get back in an official capacity

Unsurprisingly Prowse doesn’t believe she can play ruck at AFLW level and has to develop to try to become a key position player, so going to see how long that takes to develop, certainly not going to get any holes in the team immediately filled from this years draft crop.

Last edited:

Unsurprisingly Prowse doesn’t believe she can play ruck at AFLW level and has to develop to try to become a key position player, so going to see how long that takes to develop, certainly not going to get any holes in the team immediately filled from this years draft crop.

There's a spare spot up forward with the departure of Chloe Scheer! Although to be fair I guess she spent more time in the middle this year.

Phillips will be gone sooner rather than later, too.

Edit: Also lol at that video ending with eight straight minutes of silent black screen :p

Last edited:
So… we’re just gonna accept Nick Dal Santo is a coach now? This completely untried guy was the best man for the job? 😂

At least all the AFLW girls know he’s got a small penis too

i hope they lose every game he’s in charge

We had MJ and Chelsea Randall out at our footy club last night to chat to the girls before their respective finals this weekend.

Fantastic speakers the both of them, MJ in particular impressed me with her thoughts on structures and ball movement from defence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a shame, I was looking forward to the December start. I understand why it's being done though.
At current vaccination rates we'll be fully immunised by the end of November.

So I for one don't understand their reasoning.

At current vaccination rates we'll be fully immunised by the end of November.

So I for one don't understand their reasoning.

Well, not everyone will get vaccinated, for one. And that's assuming we don't get a worse variant between now and then.

There is a fairly strong chance that we will still be in a situation where the players will need to quarantine if they travel interstate. I can see why they'd like to avoid that over Christmas.

AFLW 2022 guernsey numbers:

1. Caitlin Gould

2. Eloise Jones

4. Zoe Prowse

5. Rachelle Martin

6. Hannah Button

7. Nikki Gore

8. Najwa Allen

9. Deni Varnhagen

10. Ebony Marinoff

11. Jasmine Simmons

12. Chelsea Biddell

13. Erin Phillips

14. Stevie-Lee Thompson

15. Danielle Ponter

16. Ailish Considine

17. Madison Newman

19. Jasmyn Hewett

20. Hannah Munyard

21. Montana McKinnon

22. Lisa Whiteley

23. Justine Mules

24. Ashleigh Woodland

25. Teah Charlton

26. Chelsea Randall

27. Abbie Ballard

28. Brooke Tonon

31. Dayna Cox

32. Marijana Rajcic

33. Anne Hatchard

39. Sarah Allan

So nobody moves numbers, unless you count Hewett coming back and moving to #19 (her old #20 is with Munyard)

New players:

#4 Zoe Prowse
#11 Jasmine Simmons
#19 Jasmyn Hewett (kind of new)
#27 Abbie Ballard
#28 Brooke Tonon

I'd forgotten about Simmons. Will be interesting to see how she slots in! Interesting that they gave away Metcalfe's number. She's on the inactive list for work commitments, perhaps they don't expect her to come back?

Courtney Cramey, ex-Lion/Sun Leah Kaslar and former local league player Emma Sampson have been named as the assistant coaches for the 2022 season

Cramey an obvious inclusion given the coaching jobs she’s undertook while playing/post playing plus her long standing relationship with SA footy and basically the entire Adelaide AFLW squad.

Interesting to see Leah Kaslar pop up as an appointment, always admired the really tough/smart way she played at the start of the competition as a defender in her Brisbane days before stupidly being desperately played as a makeshift forward at the Gold Coast.
Playing some SANFLW next year as well apparently, I’d probably still take her as a player in the Crows’ current AFLW backline.

Good to get someone from outside the Crows bubble IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back