Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2021 - “2nd comes right after 1st”

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disappointing that these games are not streamed and are barely reported on at all. Only hinders growth and interest of the sport.

That being said - looking at scoreline - looks like we dominated them. This team has been consistantly underrated. 2020 was not a reflection of our best with so many players out with injury. If we stay healthy - wouldn't be surprised to see this team finish top-4 and push for a 3rd flag. Hopefully our ACL recoveries can get back to playing good footy as well.

No brainer having Chelsea as the sole captain. Good decision.

Surprised that Hatchard didn't make the leadership group but Foley is an obvious choice and Allan thoroughly deserves it. Good to see Jones there as well, now she just needs to get through a season without decapitating an opponent or getting suspended for rough contact, haha.

Jones has had a massive preseason, top one or two in all the running with Hatchard. Expect her to spend most of her time in the middle. A genuine breakout candidate.

Jones has had a massive preseason, top one or two in all the running with Hatchard. Expect her to spend most of her time in the middle. A genuine breakout candidate.
I'd think she's already broken out... but if she goes up to another level, that would be interesting to see, especially midfield.

I wonder what a midfield with Noffy, Hatchard and Jones in the engine room looks like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like she’s gonna miss the start of the season :huh:

I presume this was this the incident that sent Stack to hospital or was that a different incident? as they said it was caused in a tackle at the time
I believe it's the same incident.

Looking at weeks for sure

I believe it's the same incident.

Looking at weeks for sure

Yep crows website confirmed it is that incident, I presume if there’s video evidence it will be from club cameras or news cameras.

Interesting what we presume the illegal bit of play (front on contact bump) from Marinoff was referred to as just a result of a tackle yesterday after Stack was taken to hospital.

Yep crows website confirmed it is that incident, I presume if there’s video evidence it will be from club cameras or news cameras.

Interesting what we presume the illegal bit of play (front on contact bump) from Marinoff was referred to as just a result of a tackle yesterday after Stack was taken to hospital.
From what some on Facebook have alluded to (grain of salt) the GWS player lead with her head and contributed to the contact, by running into Noffy, but you would expect she could miss a week or 2

From what some on Facebook have alluded to (grain of salt) the GWS player lead with her head and contributed to the contact, by running into Noffy, but you would expect she could miss a week or 2

All hearsay but those alleged things being said around the place that the Irish woman apparently led with her head and went head first into Marinoff it would be my defence if I was the Crows that this was Brid Stack’s first ever game of competitive Australian Rules football apparently and it is not up to someone as experienced as Marinoff to have to pull out of a contest just because someone is that new to the code and doesn’t know how contested situations in the game work.

All hearsay but those alleged things being said around the place that the Irish woman apparently led with her head and went head first into Marinoff it would be my defence if I was the Crows that this was Brid Stack’s first ever game of competitive Australian Rules football apparently and it is not up to someone as experienced as Marinoff to have to pull out of a contest just because someone is that new to the code and doesn’t know how contested situations in the game work.

Scary stuff though. Hope the other girl makes a full recovery.

And this here is why the system is wrong.

The result should not have any effect

Why should an intentional strike to the stomach which causes the player to leave the field and come back potentially get 1 week with an early guilty plea. (Intentional, medium impact, body)

Whereas someone going for a spoil, and accidently makes contact with the head causing concussion get 3 weeks (potentially down to 2 with early guilty plea) (Careless, high impact, high/groin)

The system is flawed.

Take the motive into account. Not the result.

Why should someone potentially miss half their season because of an accident, while someone can do something intentionally and only get 1 week off.

And this here is why the system is wrong.

The result should not have any effect

Why should an intentional strike to the stomach which causes the player to leave the field and come back potentially get 1 week with an early guilty plea. (Intentional, medium impact, body)

Whereas someone going for a spoil, and accidently makes contact with the head causing concussion get 3 weeks (potentially down to 2 with early guilty plea) (Careless, high impact, high/groin)

The system is flawed.

Take the motive into account. Not the result.

Why should someone potentially miss half their season because of an accident, while someone can do something intentionally and only get 1 week off.
We can't tell anything without some footage/evidence of the incident.

The news article calls it "forceful front-on contact" but also "during a tackle" and there's the hearsay that Stack went in with her head.

I can't picture what actually happened, so how can we know what Marinoff's intent was?

Stack has a fractured vertebra as a result, she'll be ok, but her season is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back