Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2022 - Premiers; Got the Trophy, cop that AFL House 🖕🏼

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
How can you even sue the government? So she's lost two jobs and is now gonna waste her money suing as well? Your telling me not getting two jabs in your arm is worth all of this??

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
How can you even sue the government? So she's lost two jobs and is now gonna waste her money suing as well? Your telling me not getting two jabs in your arm is worth all of this??
I don't think it will be costing her anything,, the lawyer be out for free publicity

Caputo

All Australian
Dec 5, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
New rules for AFLW expansion clubs will make existing clubs nervous
The AFL has revealed the list-building rules for the AFLW’s four expansion clubs – and existing teams have reason to feel vulnerable.

Marc McGowan

The four AFLW expansion clubs will be able to poach as many as 14 players each from rivals in new rules released by the league on Monday.
Essendon, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide and Sydney will join the competition for the 2022-23 season, meaning every AFL club will also have an AFLW team.
The AFL did not reveal the maximum number of players existing clubs could lose in the expansion signing period – which will occur before the sign and trade period – but there is a precedent.
Up to eight players could leave Brisbane and Fremantle, respectively, when Gold Coast and West Coast entered the AFLW last year, whereas the remaining sides had a maximum of four.
St Kilda and Richmond came into the league at the same time.
Hannah Scott’s Bulldogs and all other existing AFLW clubs will be vulnerable to losing talent under the league’s special expansion club rules. Picture: AFL Photos/via Getty Images

Hannah Scott’s Bulldogs and all other existing AFLW clubs will be vulnerable to losing talent under the league’s special expansion club rules. P
The AFL introduced various other list-building options for the Bombers, Hawks, Power and Swans to ensure “long-term sustainability and competitive balance”.
They include signing anyone who previously nominated for the draft and isn’t a current listed player and recruiting any under-18 footballer from their Next Generation Academy region.
The expansion clubs won’t be able to trade any player recruited from opposition clubs or signed with the special rules.

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Crows could essentially lose half their list to Port. That's scary.
It should be the same as Freo & Brisbane which was a maximum of 8 & theoretically they’d have to want to go there too, though it is shaping up as the AFL will do everything in their power to dismantle the Crows list and force the club to be unable to sign some top players as as well as trying to get Port competitive they really want the Crows to also go away from contending for a number of years.

What hopefully will keep the Crows competitive next year despite this is the AFL is going to take the really narrow viewpoint like of that commentator that banged on about it last season that it was just the players they have available from SA being the reason why they won flags which could not be more wrong. At least what is already known is they don’t have to worry about Randall leaving so they can put all the energy in trying to keep Allan, Marinoff, Hatchard and Charlton away from Port as nearly all of the other pieces are replaceable, sure losing a Eloise Jones will suck and I imagine the AFL will try to make Hatchard the highest paid player in the history of the competition to defect and might succeed.

Out of the other rules imposed the not having access to the first 8 top SA talents and losing Hannah Ewings after all the really close work the club has done with her for a number of years is going to hurt the most.

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL releases COVID guidelines.

One of the interesting things is that teams have list of 30 players and 10 train on players. Does anyone know the 10.
Given the SANFLW for better or worse runs in conjunction with the AFLW season it actually puts the Crows in the strongest position when it comes to having talent fit and available in this worst case scenario model.

As for players you’d imagine it’s just a mix of those who nominated for the draft and have made themselves available, they’d probably be thinking they only need no more than 3 at the moment. Already known Gypsy Schirmer is one of the train ons, Leah Kaslar is around as a development coach and good enough to go around again plus there’s plenty of good talent around still in the SANFLW, 2021 U/18s Zoe Venning (West) + a couple of others from that squad were maybe unlucky not to get drafted and more mature midfielders like Tahlita Buethke (South), Erica Greet (North), Isobel Kuiper (Sturt) and Tessa Kohn (Glenelg) are also around. They’re basically pre-scouting for Port with who they end up with in the ‘break glass’ cabinet.

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants

Two members of Adelaide’s AFLW program have tested positive for Covid-19 less than two weeks before the start of the 2022 season.
The news will have league bosses on edge, and broke as the Crows women returned to training on Monday evening following their Christmas break.

The Crows released a statement on Monday afternoon saying the two non-players were both fully vaccinated, reported to be in good health and were adhering to all relevant SA Government health directives by isolating at home.

It comes as South Australia recorded 842 new cases on Monday following a Christmas weekend outbreak.

The Crows said they did not expect the positive test results to impact on either person fulfilling their duties for Round 1 of the AFLW season.

The Crows kick off their campaign on January 8 against Fremantle.

That game is still scheduled to be played at Fremantle Oval even though the Western Australian government has South Australia classed as a high-risk state.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geez the comments on that are rank.

Good on Darcy :thumbsu: One of the real positives of AFLW has been its leading role in pushing back against heteronormative attitudes. Plenty of players are openly gay, or non-binary, and outside of a few mouthbreathers on Facebook it's just not a thing. Take note AFL.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta

Two members of Adelaide’s AFLW program have tested positive for Covid-19 less than two weeks before the start of the 2022 season.
The news will have league bosses on edge, and broke as the Crows women returned to training on Monday evening following their Christmas break.

The Crows released a statement on Monday afternoon saying the two non-players were both fully vaccinated, reported to be in good health and were adhering to all relevant SA Government health directives by isolating at home.

It comes as South Australia recorded 842 new cases on Monday following a Christmas weekend outbreak.

The Crows said they did not expect the positive test results to impact on either person fulfilling their duties for Round 1 of the AFLW season.

The Crows kick off their campaign on January 8 against Fremantle.

That game is still scheduled to be played at Fremantle Oval even though the Western Australian government has South Australia classed as a high-risk state.
1640935208429.png

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
I might actually be able to make it to the newly rescheduled round 1 match! I'm planning to head to Flinders Uni that Sunday anyway, I have a bunch of lecture recording I need to do now that in-person teaching is almost certainly not happening.

Anybody know when the tickets will become available on Ticketek?

Grand Final rematch in round 1 is pretty exciting! Hopefully we've learned something from getting comprehensively outplayed last year. Mind you, Chelsea Randall will help immensely.

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
I might actually be able to make it to the newly rescheduled round 1 match! I'm planning to head to Flinders Uni that Sunday anyway, I have a bunch of lecture recording I need to do now that in-person teaching is almost certainly not happening.

Anybody know when the tickets will become available on Ticketek?

Grand Final rematch in round 1 is pretty exciting! Hopefully we've learned something from getting comprehensively outplayed last year. Mind you, Chelsea Randall will help immensely.

You will have to keep heading South to Noarlunga where the game is…

Awful ground for Womens football/football in general, far too big and pretty average view points for spectators, that being said personally right next to where I am so much better than Norwood for that reason. Interesting to see if they’ll allow the cars in.

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide

McKenzie Dowrick gets the vacant list spot, played some games for the Lions & Eagles.

Can’t say I remember much about her from her 12 AFLW games, couldn’t figure out who she was from a picture at training I saw last week. Looks to have had quite the journey to stay in the AFLW system, was a highly touted junior a few years back in WA.

Last edited:
Back