Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2022 - Premiers; Got the Trophy, cop that AFL House 🖕🏼

Remove this Banner Ad

Reports that the Brisbane v Collingwood final is being cancelled as one team can't field a team due to Covid.... Not sure which one
Collingwood team is affected by covid, which now disadvantages Brisbane if they have to delay or postpone the game.

Now that Freo get a week off, we’ve essentially lost half of our advantage we earned finishing top. I know it’s just unlucky, but it doesn’t really seem right.

Now that Freo get a week off, we’ve essentially lost half of our advantage we earned finishing top. I know it’s just unlucky, but it doesn’t really seem right.

I'm not really convinced it's an advantage anyway. The week off often just means that teams take a quarter to switch back on.

It does mean I may be out of town 9n the new GF date though 😕 We have to make it there first, of course.

I was hoping our prelim was still played this week
Then it can give an advantage for us going into the GF.

Having said that, if we were to lose, it's an unfair advantage for Fremantle (Unless it's vs Collingwood) getting the week off going into the GF against a better team.

lolz last year our first round of our footy season landed on the aflw GF which sucked even though our hastily arranged season was somehow organised before the aflw announced the GF

i think there was an effort to avoid that again this year but now it's happened again

oh wells

On the other hand - It makes scheduling a whole tonne easier.

The original GF date was clear space, so now the PF is clear space (we have a Friday Night showdown)
While the new GF date is easy as well (Port home Thursday Night)

"It has also been confirmed players who have signed two-season contracts during last year's Trade Period can still walk to an expansion club if approached and they're willing to make the move."

Yuck

"It has also been confirmed players who have signed two-season contracts during last year's Trade Period can still walk to an expansion club if approached and they're willing to make the move."

Yuck

That's been confirmed for a while, or at least so I thought.

Expansion signing period in April is interesting though. If we're fortunate enough to make it to a grand final (and hopefully win it) that will be merely weeks afterwards. You'd have to think emotions would be running high at that point.

I'm not actually sure whether winning or losing the grand final would be better for our retention purposes. On one hand, how good would it feel to win a grand final with your teammates - surely you'd want that feeling again! On the other hand, players might feel like they have unfinished business if they don't get the job done.

The conversations will be happening now. With all the talk of Erin leaving and her likely to be recruiting a few to go with her, surely that will be destabilising for the team in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My question though is what happens if it's Melbourne vs Fremantle

The ground availability is pretty bad in Melbourne for the new GF weekend.
Would probably have to play it at Princes Park.

My question though is what happens if it's Melbourne vs Fremantle

The ground availability is pretty bad in Melbourne for the new GF weekend.
Would probably have to play it at Princes Park.
"The door also remains open for the AFLW Grand Final to be hosted at the MCG should Melbourne win through and earn home ground advantage."

From OM'G: Historic venues locked in for AFLW prelims

Assume they would do an early afternoon Saturday game, before the Rich vs Bulldogs.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Fair crack from Starcevich

I feel his pain, but it's going to be hard to get any traction on the "it's too harsh on the established clubs" line when all but one expansion club has been a basket case and every grand final has seen two of the inaugural clubs playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back