Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2022 - Premiers; Got the Trophy, cop that AFL House 🖕🏼

Remove this Banner Ad

there are 4 players I'm worried most about losing to Port

Hatchard / Allen / Jones / Marinoff

If we lose two of them, I will begrudgingly live with it

Three or four - Will be devo

But by the looks of this emphatic quote, Marinoff is staying, so only 3 more to worry about

One player who won't be leaving is cult hero Ebony Marinoff, who was popping champagne in the rooms after the game.

"No I'm not going to Port, I can tell you that right now," she said with a trademark grin.
"I love this club, and we've got three flags; I want to go chase some more."

Zoe Prowse won the BOG medal in the SANFLW grand final despite being on the losing team. 20 touches, 9 tackles, 8 clearances, 33 hitouts, pretty damn impressive!

Given that she is unlikely to play ruck for the Crows any time soon, we need to figure out where she will play in our side. I wonder how she would go in a CHF role?

The AFL article on this was hilarious.

Drooling over Daisy Pearce getting a coaching gig at Geelong, while glossing over the like of Randall, Phillips (Port), and Bec Goddard (Hawthorn) also getting coaching gigs.

You'd think Melbourne would want to get in on the action and keep Daisy there, too! All of the other current players are staying at their own club to coach, including Chelsea Randall, Erin Phillips and Alicia Eva. Emma Zielke is doing it at Brisbane too.

You'd think Melbourne would want to get in on the action and keep Daisy there, too! All of the other current players are staying at their own club to coach, including Chelsea Randall, Erin Phillips and Alicia Eva. Emma Zielke is doing it at Brisbane too.
Only Erin ISN'T staying at her own club to coach.... :(

The AFL article on this was hilarious.

Drooling over Daisy Pearce getting a coaching gig at Geelong, while glossing over the like of Randall, Phillips (Port), and Bec Goddard (Hawthorn) also getting coaching gigs.

Wow I saw the headline about Pearce getting a coaching gig but didn't read article - would have thought a 3x premiership captain would grab a headline too

Hatchy played pretty much the entire season with anaesthetic in her foot apparently

Courageous Crow: Star reveals full extent of foot injury

Apparently when she played late in the season obviously hampered it was because she had got blisters on her feet and the local anaesthetic really irritated them. Yikes.

She says she didn't expect she would be able to play in the Grand Final, she was in so much pain after the final against Freo. Thank goodness she did! Her being out would probably have been the different between winning and losing.

Apparently the foot is better now :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Brodie Smith and Chelsea Randall are Photoshopped in? Couple others up the back too

Brodie Smith said on his 5AA interview that he was flying to Melbourne today for an AFLW event so I think they are there.

Screenshot_20220721-155431_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
What a momentous photo. Shame the current AFLW champs and most dominant team in its short history in shunted to the back.

As much as I like the guernsey
The fact we're the only club to have a substantial difference between the mens and womens is a little embarrassing.

Probably the only problem with winning 3 premierships (well, 2) in that guernsey.

Wish we had the same for both the mens and womens (bar a few minor differences, ie. 1 v for freo being pink, different collars or something different with the shoudlers)

like, yes, it's still the tricolours in hoop form. But you know, just too different for my liking.

I would've gone

Front: Sydney, Essendon, Adelaide, Melbourne, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide
Middle: Fremantle, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Carlton, Greater Western Sydney
Back: Gold Coast, Richmond, Geelong, North Melbourne, St Kilda, West Coast

rationale - You have the current premiers (Men and women) as the centrepiece of the photo. Like they're the ones with the prize and everyone else is coming for them. But also show the new kids on the block in the front as the piece is to do with the whole league finally being involved.
The 2nd row - The rest of the originals. With the 2 other past winners in the middle so they're also visible. The rest flanking to the outside
The back row - The 6 mid-phase expansion sides.

I've also tried to distance the pairing of non-victorian teams apart from each other to symbolise a divide in the city and their rivalries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back