Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2022 - Premiers; Got the Trophy, cop that AFL House 🖕🏼

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
She’d still have friends in the club even those who are totally against her stupid stance, some certainly would’ve maybe fell out due to distracting a playing group that’s trying to avenge a GF loss, but it’s also naive to think she was the only one in the playing group who at least didn’t have hesitation/beliefs that weren’t always inline with mandatory vaccinations.

On the on-field side of things other than the experience she did have and would’ve filled with the absence of Ange Foley I had lots of doubt she would ever overcome that persistent knee injury that’s dogged her for 2 years anyway, so won’t miss much with her having lost significant movement in that leg and her ability to cover ground the only main consistent part of her game.

It's funny, in real life I haven't come across any fringe dwelling zealots that get very excited about people losing their careers and being treated as second class citizens. Most vaccinated I speak to couldn't give 2 shits about the unvaccinated, seeing as we're all vaccinated ourselves and that's our protection. But there's a lot of those zealots in here.

I think she's a fool and it's reasonable to demand vaccination in healthcare settings. But the fervour that surrounds punishment for people like her is putrid and a terrible sign of what society is becoming. I will admit that I've not heard a single word from an actual anti-vax person explaining why they're not getting the vaccine. Could be weird s**t, but I don't think it changes anything.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's funny, in real life I haven't come across any fringe dwelling zealots that get very excited about people losing their careers and being treated as second class citizens. Most vaccinated I speak to couldn't give 2 shits about the unvaccinated, seeing as we're all vaccinated ourselves and that's our protection. But there's a lot of those zealots in here.

I think she's a fool and it's reasonable to demand vaccination in healthcare settings. But the fervour that surrounds punishment for people like her is putrid and a terrible sign of what society is becoming. I will admit that I've not heard a single word from an actual anti-vax person explaining why they're not getting the vaccine. Could be weird sh*t, but I don't think it changes anything.

Most people here aren't "excited" about anyone losing their careers. And being unable to work because you refuse to get vaccinated doesn't mean you're being treated as a second-class citizen.

Yes, being vaccinated provides a strong level of protection. But it's not perfect, and it's not even like breakthrough infections are super rare events. Even if the chance of a breakthrough infection is, let's say 5%, an unvaccinated person who gets Covid could easily be around 20+ people before they realise it. And then there are the people who are unable to get the vaccination because of other health issues.

The fact is, when someone chooses to remain unvaccinated, they are not only putting themselves at risk. They are putting everyone around them at risk. And collectively, the more people that remain unvaccinated, the longer the Covid pandemic will continue, and the higher the likelihood of a new, even worse variant forming. It is a selfish choice, and usually one made out of a combination of (usually wilful) ignorance and obstinance. People are free to make that choice, yes. But that doesn't mean they are free from the criticism and ridicule that comes from it, or the consequences to their career. And someone like Deni in particular, who works in a health setting, has no excuse for not knowing any better. Based on her public comments, it seems to me like her main issue is just not wanting to be told what to do. It's her choice, of course, but in my opinion that's not a good enough reason to put everyone around her at greater risk, not to mention letting her teammates down on the eve of a new season.

On your final point, if you haven't heard people's reasons for not getting the vaccine, then you haven't been trying - it's everywhere out there. The reasons generally fall into three categories. The first are people who claim there is some fundamental freedom being violated - but nobody is being forced to take a vaccine. You have the right to say no, but that choice comes with consequences made to protect those around you. The second are the lunatics who are convinced the vaccine contains something ghastly that will poison or alter them in some way, whether it be luciferase or nanochips or graphine oxide or immortal parasites. This is obviously ludicrous but there is no way to argue facts with those people. And the third are the misinformed people who have been convinced that the risks attached to the vaccine outweigh those attached to remaining unvaccinated, which is not borne out in the data even in places like Adelaide where there have been so few Covid infections, let alone places like the eastern states or other countries where Covid has run rampant. This category is usually filled with the "critical thinkers" and "independent researchers" which, in practice, means they just tune into Joe Rogan or whatever other idiot populist has a platform and take their opinions wholesale from there.

Last edited:
My pack arrived today, a drink cooler, a flask, and a key ring, what are they trying to say about me?

1637825197022.png

(they're right)

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
My pack arrived today, a drink cooler, a flask, and a key ring, what are they trying to say about me?

View attachment 1287187

(they're right)

I got the pack today too. Considering they nearly doubled the membership price I found the member pack to be insulting.

Everything you hear at those rallies is full blown cult logic. They'd take their stance to the end of the earth just like the people in Jonestown
How the * did we get to this point? I just can’t fathom the absolute, mind numbing stupidity being shown by far too many.

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
So... when do we get to bring in a player to replace her?

I'm still holding out hope for Gypsy Schirmer.

Any news or rumours on who the Crows will be adding to their list as a Vernhagan replacement ?

Looks like they might finally announce a replacement player soon, Gypsy Schirmer seen training with the team at 0.36 in this NEWS report tonight…

5E4ACD08-FD4C-435B-A1AC-9166C0E49304.jpeg

Last edited:

TheTassieHawk

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looks like they might finally announce a replacement player soon, Gypsy Schirmer seen training with the team at 0.36 in this NEWS report tonight…

Cheers. I researched Schirmer and it sounds like she would be a handy addition to the list.

AfternoonTwilightNight
Adelaide
7​
1​
Brisbane
2​
5​
1​
Carlton
3​
4​
1​
Collingwood
3​
3​
2​
Fremantle
4​
2​
2​
Geelong
1​
4​
3​
Gold Coast
6​
2​
Greater Western Sydney
5​
2​
1​
Melbourne
4​
1​
3​
North Melbourne
5​
1​
2​
Richmond
1​
3​
4​
St Kilda
4​
2​
2​
West Coast
2​
3​
3​
Western Bulldogs
3​
2​
3​

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
AfternoonTwilightNight
Adelaide
7​
1​
Brisbane
2​
5​
1​
Carlton
3​
4​
1​
Collingwood
3​
3​
2​
Fremantle
4​
2​
2​
Geelong
1​
4​
3​
Gold Coast
6​
2​
Greater Western Sydney
5​
2​
1​
Melbourne
4​
1​
3​
North Melbourne
5​
1​
2​
Richmond
1​
3​
4​
St Kilda
4​
2​
2​
West Coast
2​
3​
3​
Western Bulldogs
3​
2​
3​

is the night game technically a twilight because it's being played in Perth with 5.50pm start time, still will be sunny and hot in Perth at the time

is the night game technically a twilight because it's being played in Perth with 5.50pm start time, still will be sunny and hot in Perth at the time
Might actually be.
Not sure when sunset is over there.

Back