Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2022 The 2nd - Defending Our Flag for Back to Back Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Noffy played the last three games with a syndismosis injury…which will take three months now to recover after surgery. Explains her poor output in the finals. But geez, what a legend she is.
Makes total sense now. I wouldn’t be surprised also if Hatchard also had some sort of injury because her kicking didn’t look right most of this season. For such a talented player, you wouldn’t expect her foot skills to drop unless some sort of niggles. Keen to see how both stars play out next season.

Makes total sense now. I wouldn’t be surprised also if Hatchard also had some sort of injury because her kicking didn’t look right most of this season. For such a talented player, you wouldn’t expect her foot skills to drop unless some sort of niggles. Keen to see how both stars play out next season.

Hatchard played most of season six with a foot injury and was brilliant. Season seven was supposed to be her with her foot finally healed up!

Based on that, I'd say she should go and injure the damn thing again :p

Hatchard played most of season six with a foot injury and was brilliant. Season seven was supposed to be her with her foot finally healed up!

Based on that, I'd say she should go and injure the damn thing again :p
Some people play better with injuries..?

But on a technicality, I reckon she has some niggles around the upper thighs, hips or glutes. Her kicking mechanics just seems off for most of the season, while a foot injury might affect mainly the distance of the kick and not necessarily the accuracy.

The other possibility I can think of is that she has been more closely tagged this season and less time to kick in space, thus increasing more errors. Real keen to see how her kicking goes for next year. Surely she can’t kick any worse?!

Lol at womens.afl listing Chelsea Randall getting pulled out of the semi-final as #10 in their "top 20 best moments of AFLW S7". Yeah, it was great when our captain was ruled out based on video footage after the club doctors had cleared her of concussion.

Here is the text, in full, that they posted in the article.

10: Chelsea Randall pulled from semi-final

The Adelaide captain suffered a heavy collision in the dying minutes of the Crows' qualifying final loss to Melbourne, and appeared to stumble when taking the subsequent free kick, although she maintained she tripped on a shoelace.

Randall cleared concussion protocol testing throughout the week in the lead-up to Adelaide's semi-final against Collingwood, but was pulled from team selection on the Thursday before the match.

It was a decision made by the Crows' medical team in conjunction with the AFL's medical experts based on footage of the incident, and Randall – who had been remarkably circumspect in missing the 2021 Grand Final due to diagnosed concussion – was vocal in her discontent.

"It is frustrating, and I'm disappointed. (It's) around the system and the process in place because, clinically, I was cleared of all of that, and I only found out late last night that the story had changed," she said.

"If I had the same knock at training, we wouldn't have vision, and I'd have a clinical assessment and I'd be playing this weekend. Unfortunately it means with this process, some players who aren't concussed will miss games."

What a great moment! :confusedv1:

Lol at womens.afl listing Chelsea Randall getting pulled out of the semi-final as #10 in their "top 20 best moments of AFLW S7". Yeah, it was great when our captain was ruled out based on video footage after the club doctors had cleared her of concussion.

Here is the text, in full, that they posted in the article.

What a great moment! :confusedv1:
Honestly disgusting moment if you ask me. She was semi-sprinting back to the bench and then passed all her concussion tests. Then to overrule the decision on video footage is just nonsense, and here’s why:

Imagine a player gets bumped fairly, gets winded and lands on the ground motionless for 5 seconds. Then gets assisted off the ground, while walking gingerly. This scenario would appear worse than Randall’s incident and if use that decision as precedent, we can say “from footage, he/she needs to have a week off regardless of whether he/she is cleared for concussion”.

In preparation of next season Crows have allowed 7 players to play in SANFLW commencing Feb 23. Most to be rested because of double season in 2022.
7 players include Amber Ward, Brooke Tonon, Jasmine Simmons, Jess Waterhouse, Kiera Mueller, Keeley Kustermann and Hannah Button.

Good choices, each of them are either new players or players who underperformed in 2022 so each could use the opportunity the improve.

I know we just had 2 seasons of AFLW within the last 12 months, but I think I’m in AFLW withdrawal already. 😱

I know we just had 2 seasons of AFLW within the last 12 months, but I think I’m in AFLW withdrawal already. 😱
same

Making me think of going to sanflw as a spectator

Kicks off Feb 17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rajcic has retired.

Good on her for reading the tea leaves. Gives us a chance to make a clean break and also avoids any ugly delisting situation when her partner is also the captain of the club.

I had forgotten she made it to 50 games! That's a pretty incredible achievement given that she didn't even play in the inaugural season.

She was fantastic in that 2019 season, and had a quality season for our 2022 flag as well. Thanks for everything MJ :thumbsu:

MJ was a jet in her prime but unfortunately she declined quite considerably last season.

Sad to see her go, but she’s made the right call. Plus, she’ll still be around the club a fair bit.

Yes, the decline from 2022A to 2022B was fairly stark. Mind you, I was ready to declare her career over after 2020 and she managed to reinvent herself after that, so all credit to her.

It always amazes me to think that she had done three ACLs before even picking up a footy for the first time. To go from that, to starting footy in the late 20s, and becoming a dual premiership player is pretty damn special. Considering she had captained Adelaide United before coming to footy, few would have predicted she would go on to have a career with the oval ball than she did with the round ball!

Yes, the decline from 2022A to 2022B was fairly stark. Mind you, I was ready to declare her career over after 2020 and she managed to reinvent herself after that, so all credit to her.

It always amazes me to think that she had done three ACLs before even picking up a footy for the first time. To go from that, to starting footy in the late 20s, and becoming a dual premiership player is pretty damn special. Considering she had captained Adelaide United before coming to footy, few would have predicted she would go on to have a career with the oval ball than she did with the round ball!
I know this forum likes to bag players when in the decline, but I think it’s important to acknowledge that she was a very sound defender when in her prime. She did her job well for the most part of her AFLW career other than through injuries and in the last season. Not an absolute star player, but an absolutely important one for us.

Chelsea made mention of MJ running around not even realising she had an acl? Not sure the story behind that, but pretty bloody amazing if true!

I know this forum likes to bag players when in the decline, but I think it’s important to acknowledge that she was a very sound defender when in her prime. She did her job well for the most part of her AFLW career other than through injuries and in the last season. Not an absolute star player, but an absolutely important one for us.

She was such a huge upgrade on whoever she replaced in 2019 in terms of her ability to rebound. Thinking back, she was probably replacing SLT after her move up forward.

To be able to simply walk into a defence filled with Randall, Cramey and Allan and immediately contribute was pretty special.

Chelsea made mention of MJ running around not even realising she had an acl? Not sure the story behind that, but pretty bloody amazing if true!

ACL injuries can be strange like that. I still remember Brodie Martin doing an ACL in his second game and still playing the rest of the game out, being one of our best players on the day, before then missing 12+ months of footy to rehab.

Last edited:
ACL injuries can be strange like that. I still remember Brodie Martin doing an ACL in his second game and still playing the rest of the game out, being one of our best players on the day, before then missing 12+ months of footy to rehab.

My brother just completed a 500km off road bike trail in Tasmania with a torn ACL that had apparently been gone for a couple months but only recently picked up on - strapped his knee to buggery and has surgery when he gets back but he already paid for flights and organised it all so went thru with it thinking he can't do much more damage to it ha

Likely it was a partial tear. If it was a fully torn ACL then unlikely for her to walk, let alone run.

She was such a huge upgrade on whoever she replaced in 2019 in terms of her ability to rebound. Thinking back, she was probably replacing SLT after her move up forward.

To be able to simply walk into a defence filled with Randall, Cramey and Allan and immediately contribute was pretty special.

Actually - I think Brodie Martin not only played out the game but played the next week too before realising what had happened.

Sorry, not sure where to post this. Good news. Congratulations to the lovely ladies. :hearts:

Reckon Phil Harper and his wife were there too… they’d all been in New York together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back