Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2022 The 2nd - Defending Our Flag for Back to Back Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, not sure where to post this. Good news. Congratulations to the lovely ladies. :hearts:

Some absolutely disgusting comments on Twitter about this. From the usual homophobic rubbish to one Twit asking if they had an OnlyFans.

Big congrats to Anne and Georgie.

Dayna Cox has retired as well. Probably a smart decision, she's missed a lot of footy over the last couple of years. Time to bring in some new blood.

AFLW: Dayna Cox announces retirement

Dual premiership player :thumbsu: Quality player in those first few seasons, and our first real enforcer! She almost missed the first premiership after striking Alicia Eva in round 7 that year, haha. Thanks for everything Coxy!

With Cox, Rajcic and Considine all retiring, our squad is starting to look a fair bit younger! Not sure whether either of Varnhagen or Hewett will be back this season either, two of our other oldest players. If not, that leaves us with only Randall, SLT, Whiteley, Allen and Kelly who will be north of 27 when the next season starts.

Last edited:
I liked Dayna. Disappointing with her injury last season. Was not expecting this, as she's only 29 :(
But all the best to her for whatever she chooses to do next.

I liked Dayna. Disappointing with her injury last season. Was not expecting this, as she's only 29 :(
But all the best to her for whatever she chooses to do next.
I think the lack of continuity from injuries is what’s likely caused her decision for premature retirement. I will miss her aggressive style of defending, even though not in our most talented of players.

We’re now seeing a newer generation of Crows AFLW with a fair few veteran departures in the last couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back