News Crows appoint new chairman, John Olsen AO

Is this a good appointment?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they truly believe it

they believe it because they are the dumb f$%ks who dont want to vaccinate so they found anything on the net they could find to support their views regardless of authenticity. Facebook is to blame a lot of the time. They connect your google searches to promoted articles through algorithms so the more you look for this crap, the more articles will appear that provide you with affirmation.

A German study of excess deaths in 16 country's across Europe showed the Higher rhe vaxxinne rate the Higher the excess deaths

Japan has officially published warnings

England have found that once the second jab is about 3 or 4 months gone, you're worse off than unvaxxed. Have just launched a turbo boost campaign

Isreal on fourth jab and still getring nowhere..

It is what it is.

Adelaide lost a good man thanks to the afl. We've lost plenty thanks to them, but this wasn't targeted like Bailey or Rendell.
We have a thread for deadheads like you to post in the backyard.

It's really fun, there are a couple of others in there that will support your rants as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'll mock you, so buyer beware .

Edit - here

If you pop in now one of the boards resident idiots is keeping it warm whilst the other tin foil hat brigade regroup.

Can he tell Roo to shut the * up, please?

We're playing Port, who are getting hammered for how s**t they are, and what's Roo's response?

Yeah, they're no good... but we're much shitter, don't forget that!!

Imagine being Nicks and the players having to listen to this s**t- would really fill you with confidence and get you motivated to perform.

Last edited:
What more does Roo need to do to be sacked from the board.

I’d say relieve himself on the boardroom table, but even that wouldn’t do it. He said that he needs to stay because he’s not the type to leave a job half done. So no idea how bad we have to get before he’s happy. If he wanted to finish the job more quickly, he shouldn’t have moved Pyke, Campo, Burton and Fraudan on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say relieve himself on the boardroom table, but even that wouldn’t do it. He said that he needs to stay because he’s not the type to leave a job half done. So no idea how bad we have to get before he’s happy. If he wanted to finish the job more quickly, he shouldn’t have moved Pyke, Campo, Burton and Fraudan on.
If Roo took a dump on the boardroom table, the idiots would scoop it up, roll it in gold, put it on display in the trophy cabinet and thank the Lord for blessing us with his excrement.

If Roo took a dump on the boardroom table, the idiots would scoop it up, roll it in gold, put it on display in the trophy cabinet and thank the Lord for blessing us with his excrement.
Before he became a Board Member I would have done the same thing.

Roo DNA....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think this is a fair thread to resurrect. We are yet to see our Chairperson speak publicly on this. I really don't think there's much more apologising that needs to be done from people that weren't actually involved. Silvers has already done this on behalf of the club. What I'm hoping is that there's some very uncomfortable discussions happening at board level and Olsen won't be talking until he's announcing the outcome of those discussions.

Obviously Roo as footy director needs to go. Fellows as someone supposedly geared towards professional standards and integrity needs to go at least as much as Roo does. If this isn't happening then Olsen and the entire board need to go. Start from scratch.

I think this is a fair thread to resurrect. We are yet to see our Chairperson speak publicly on this. I really don't think there's much more apologising that needs to be done from people that weren't actually involved. Silvers has already done this on behalf of the club. What I'm hoping is that there's some very uncomfortable discussions happening at board level and Olsen won't be talking until he's announcing the outcome of those discussions.

Obviously Roo as footy director needs to go. Fellows as someone supposedly geared towards professional standards and integrity needs to go at least as much as Roo does. If this isn't happening then Olsen and the entire board need to go. Start from scratch.

I see Bicks is still laughing at any suggestion that Roo should resign. Ball cupping being a recently hot topic and all that, Mutineer taking it to the extreme with his love of all things Roo. At least we have a source for his refusal to criticise the club over anything other than Matt Crouch's treatment.

The silence is telling. I'm sure you're right re the backroom discussions. There can be no doubt that big announcements are imminent. Doing nothing is impossible now.

We've largely completed a wholesale change of personnel but the current scrutiny will expose any last remaining elements of the camp within the club. It's now about the club secrecy and cover up which will be questioned. I'm not even sure some players will be exempt from this. Very, very ugly times ahead. The head in the sand brigade will continue their denial but this is incredibly serious and dangerous to our club.

P.s. I watched Offsiders (ABC TV) this morning and to hear two very reasonable and respected sports journalists (not just AFL) give our club a passionate and prolonged berating was very difficult to watch. It wasn't anything less than a full frontal attack on our integrity, the people within our club, our history and our "perceived importance" within the AFL industry. It was very full on!! I assume it is available on iView for the brave.

We're in big trouble as a club... the pain is only starting IMO

The silence is telling. I'm sure you're right re the backroom discussions. There can be no doubt that big announcements are imminent. Doing nothing is impossible now.

We've largely completed a wholesale change of personnel but the current scrutiny will expose any last remaining elements of the camp within the club. It's now about the club secrecy and cover up which will be questioned. I'm not even sure some players will be exempt from this. Very, very ugly times ahead. The head in the sand brigade will continue their denial but this is incredibly serious and dangerous to our club.

P.s. I watched Offsiders (ABC TV) this morning and to hear two very reasonable and respected sports journalists (not just AFL) give our club a passionate and prolonged berating was very difficult to watch. It wasn't anything less than a full frontal attack on our integrity, the people within our club, our history and our "perceived importance" within the AFL industry. It was very full on!! I assume it is available on iView for the brave.

We're in big trouble as a club... the pain is only starting IMO

I was moving the car and happened into half way of some bloke tearing strips of us for acting like we're the equivalent of west coast when we're more alike Carlton, saints etc thst haven't won a flag in ages and our arrogance has no basis at all.

This is a huge test though. I wonder if we even have the strength to come out and draw a line in the sand between the current and previous board. Even if there aren't plank walkers, Olsen could say that the board at the time allowed the employees to handle it poorly and that it would be very different were it to reoccur in the present. As much as Fellows and Roo going isn't even the par result here, I'd nearly be comfortable holing a quadruple bogey by just seeing Olsen admonish the board of the day. Hard to do with continuing directors I know, but anything less is effectively DQing without firing a shot.

Last edited:
I was moving the car and happened into half way of some bloke tearing strips of us for acting like we're the equivalent of west coast when we're more alike Carlton, saints etc thst haven't won a flag in ages and our arrogance has no basis at all.

This is a huge test though. I wonder if we even have the strength to come out and draw a line in the sand between the current and previous board. Even if their aren't plank walkers, Olsen could say that the board at the time allowed the employees to handle it poorly and that it would be very different were it to reoccur in the present. As much as Fellows and Roo going isn't even the par result here, I'd nearly be comfortable holing a quadruple bogey by just seeing Olsen admonish the board of the day. Hard to do with continuing directors I know, but anything less is effectively DQing without firing a shot.
Yep. Leadership is required.

I'd also like to see an audit of players, staff and board members who remain from the camp times. It would be nice to stop accusing the club and making individuals accountable.

This is a huge test though. I wonder if we even have the strength to come out and draw a line in the sand between the current and previous board. Even if there aren't plank walkers, Olsen could say that the board at the time allowed the employees to handle it poorly and that it would be very different were it to reoccur in the present. As much as Fellows and Roo going isn't even the par result here, I'd nearly be comfortable holing a quadruple bogey by just seeing Olsen admonish the board of the day. Hard to do with continuing directors I know, but anything less is effectively DQing without firing a shot.
The two journalists were Catherine Murphy and Corbin Middlemas.

For years, I've listened to these two extensively across all sports and they are very fair minded and considered journalists. Not connected in any way to the "gun for hire AFL hatchet"group.

Furthermore, they are not previous AFL players so even the possible element of parochialism and "old boys club" doesn't exist.

Given I heard that 4 Corners are looking at this potentially, it looks like the ABC have taken their "position" on this disaster.

The interview is difficult viewing but I've not heard such a "dressing down" of a club since Essendon cheated.

Knocked in the quadruple bogey. Separated current board/employees from the past and implied where they'd gone wrong and that it's changed. But still pretty hollow outcome, Fellows and Roo should be gone.

Back