Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

That was quick

Also, I loved this bit

1602540323639.png

I can think of a few things that got missed

First wooden spoon for example

Ahh well, might not live long enough to do too much damage.

bjw1dhA.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering I was a teenager when he was Premier and hence not interested in politics (also not interested in the SANFL), can someone explain to me why no one likes this guy?

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Olsen

Resignation
See also: Motorola affair

In 1998, an inquiry was established into the process of bringing the technology company Motorola to South Australia. The first report prepared by former chief magistrate Jim Cramond cleared Olsen of any wrongdoing. A second report prepared by Dean Clayton, QC, found Olsen had misled parliament, and also found that Olsen had made representations to Cramond that were labelled "misleading and inaccurate", "dishonest" and had "no factual basis".[6]

Olsen denied any wrongdoing, saying "...I absolutely refute Mr Clayton's assertion. The report clearly indicates there are no criminal activities, no illegal activities."[12] Nonetheless, amid speculation that he would face a leadership challenge, he resigned as Premier on 10 October 2001.[13] He did not stand for re-election in 2002.

Following the Clayton report, the matter was referred to the then Director of Public Prosecutions, the late Paul Rofe, QC. The Director of Public Prosecutions found no illegal activity and disagreed with some of the findings from the Clayton report.[14] Olsen claimed he was vindicated, noting that two out of three reports had cleared him of any wrongdoing. In 2018 Olsen stated that "I note that the standard I applied to myself at the time seems to have disappeared from modern politics.” [15]

Well, he's in a political party, so half the population aren't going to like him anyway. I don't think anyone likes that he's just magically become chairman, I certainly don't. Begs the question what the * the other people on the board do, if anything. Photosynthesis comes to mind.

Plus he tried to kill Indiana Jones once.

What assets do we have he can sell?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well there is that licence we bought a few years back. Could sell that back to the SANFL, alongside a few signed VB photos.

Im not happy with this appointment. It smacks of the old boys club mentality and putting a notch on John Olson's belt more than actually doing what's right for the club moving forward. Seriously the club needs to sell this appointment because he was a disgustingly bad premier and the reason the libs spent 16 years in the abyss.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Considering I was a teenager when he was Premier and hence not interested in politics (also not interested in the SANFL), can someone explain to me why no one likes this guy?
He did a dodgy deal with Motorola then lied about it so had to resign as Premier mid-term. A bit like Stengle/Crouch, all politicians lie but he got caught.
Also he sounds like a used car sales guy.

Because he's the f**kwit that privatised ETSA giving us massive power bills and did lots of dodgy deals to benefit his rich mates.

Back