• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
They were.... when they were built.

Sort of feels like we came in at the end of the last generation of training facilities (or the start of this one) and everyone has improved theirs since, not just that, the next lot of plans coming out of clubs are for 50-60 million dollar facilities.

We probably didn't expect "have not" clubs to find other ways to get the funding to catch up as quick as they did.

And now clubs like the Western Bulldogs are putting out plans like this https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/...omplete-master-plan-for-whitten-oval-precinct that would dwarf our West Lakes set up if they go ahead.

Our plans for the Aquatic Centre we're probably pretty conservative because of the location, if we're not getting that Parklands/City location I'd want the best of the best and then some.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you think his ties to the SANFL don't exist or were you talking about calling him a "stooge"? He's already making moves that suggest he wants a pretty strong connection to the SANFL.
I think the ties he had to the SANFL when he acted for them in the capacity as Chairperson are as strong as Patrick Dangerfield's ties to us when he acted for us in his capacity as a footballer.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I think the ties he had to the SANFL when he acted for them in the capacity as Chairperson are as strong as Patrick Dangerfield's ties to us when he acted for us in his capacity as a footballer.
I don't like this analogy because Danger isn't still doing deals at Adelaide whereas Olsen is still working with the SANFL.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
3 ovals?? What?! I don't think so.

Overriden by houses? I didn't know they were building on the oval at West Lakes.

As for a brand new facility, the $20m we spent on the previous one isn't exactly crumbling around our ears.

Sure a new facility would be nice, but it hardly seems absolutely necessary.

I'm still not seeing the absolute benefit that justifies the bank loan that will be required.
2 ovals, sorry that's my bad.

The new facility is for the most part more than 20 years old with some Reno's over the years and a shiny new facade.

Compare that to most Vic clubs who've all got new facilities in the last decade and are upgrading them again now.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
2 ovals, sorry that's my bad.

The new facility is for the most part more than 20 years old with some Reno's over the years and a shiny new facade.

Compare that to most Vic clubs who've all got new facilities in the last decade and are upgrading them again now.
The other thing is the club is very keen to get out of there, so there has to be reasons for them to want to as if staying put was an option it would be a hell of a lot cheaper than going.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hit up the afl then, wasn’t it them that banned us?

If we didn't negotiate that with the AFL at the time and just accepted their call, either knowingly or ignorantly, that would be 100% on us. We've got bigger problems than $400k donation to the SANFL to worry about. Step 1 is that they're contractually entitled to the money. Our withdrawal from their comp is not their problem. So it's between us and the AFL over $400k. You can try and argue that they should pay it, I'd disagree, but if they gave with the right, they'd just take with the left. This is absolutely not the hill to die on if we're to turn a corner and start battling against them.

Looks like he got straight to work. Was I the only one who didn’t know about this full external review?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Looks like he got straight to work. Was I the only one who didn’t know about this full external review?
He said something early in, but a full scale off field review wasn't mentioned.

lincsPJ

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The bravado of confronting the ACC seems to have hit a snag, but jagging the 17 year Hawthorn senior management figure looks like another tick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The bravado of confronting the ACC seems to have hit a snag, but jagging the 17 year Hawthorn senior management figure looks like another tick.
I'm not sure we're done with those fools yet.

And I thought we were gonna appoint one of his SANFL mates ?? Swing and a miss for those posters.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Early days but anyone who questioned Olsen may want to start looking at ordering that humble pie.
Yep, I doubted him. So far so good. Really good.

The real test are the (SANFL) conditions tied to the Thebby move.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yep, I doubted him. So far so good. Really good.

The real test are the (SANFL) conditions tied to the Thebby move.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
They are desperate for us to move there, we need to be using it as leverage.

Back