News Crows appoint new chairman, John Olsen AO

Is this a good appointment?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that true?

although i have not personally been in attendance at a meeting, i'm led to believe this has occurred.

i'm a big supporter in what john has done for the AFC to date and if he got the oval hotel past the greenies and the nimbys, im confident he can get us the best outcome for a new home base. fingers crossed.

Last edited:
although i have not personally been in attendance at a meeting, i'm led to believe this has occurred.

i'm a big supporter in what john has done for the AFC to date and if he got the oval hotel past the greenies and the nimbys, im confident he can get us the best outcome for a new home base. fingers crossed.
What does the Oval hotel have to do with the AFC?

What does the Oval hotel have to do with the AFC?

I think you will find lincsPJ is referencing previous mountains JO has moved in his other roles.

This should give members and supporters the confidence that he can/will do the same for our club.

That’s how I read it anyway

Last edited:
A big vindication to those who were critical of the running of the AFC when it was a sh!tshow and were told they should they should find another club to follow.
They were criticising the Admin, not the club, and funnily enough those same people are rightfully praising the Admin.

A big vindication to those who were critical of the running of the AFC when it was a sh!tshow and were told they should they should find another club to follow.
They were criticising the Admin, not the club, and funnily enough those same people are rightfully praising the Admin.

IIRC it was some pretty significant people who said choose another club, too

Exactly right loved the club just hated the Muppets running it

Still not completely clean of them either

Rucci's interview with Olsen published today:

In Daily article

Many expected the board would have been trimmed and recast with many new faces and voices. Club great Mark Ricciuto remains – and on a firm footing – a year after the Brownlow Medallist seemed to have tripped over his tongue too many times in his media roles.

More time disappears from Olsen’s busy agenda while he also needs to oversee the Adelaide Football Club’s direction in football – more so when he has pinned his chairmanship on a “football first” focus and the needs of a membership base that is being asked to stick with the Crows during the “tough times” before enjoying the anticipated fruits of a harcore rebuild

A club that developed the image – right or wrong – of being arrogant, living to a self-entitled attitude and constantly bogged down by the fall-out of overstated crises and controversy, such as a pre-season camp in south-east Queensland early in 2018, has measured itself against every AFL rival. The Crows have not been frightened to look in the mirror.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Covid news: Adelaide Crows working to resolve vaccination issue involving board member
The Adelaide Crows are embroiled in escalating Covid drama involving a long-time staffer and now board member who is reluctant to get the vaccination.

The Adelaide Crows are dealing with another vaccine drama after a board member told the club he does not want to have the Covid-19 jab.
The shock revelation that Adelaide Crows director Nick Takos’ won’t have the jab comes a month after the club put AFLW star Deni Varnhagen on its inactive list because of her anti-vaccine stance.
Dr Takos, a lecturer and researcher at UniSA’s business school, was elected to the Crows board earlier this year but won’t be allowed into the club.
Both Dr Takos and the Crows declined to comment when contacted by The Advertiser on Monday.

View attachment ef9106a911a655eac611d05079a0813e.webp
Adelaide Crows board member Nick Takos first worked at the club in the 1990s. Picture: Supplied

Back