Crows are not in 8 if they win all three games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 6, 2002
Go Power
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I have been hearing from everyone in Adelaide that the Crows only have to win 3 easy games and they make the finals as 12 wins will get you in the 8.
This is NOT the case. Even if the Crows win the 3 remaining games, they are relying on other teams results, why is the media also saying the Crows have destiny in their own hands???

You are right. With the saints looking home against Freo. It will require either collingwood losing to Sydney. Or the saints losing to West Coast or Richmond.

the thing that is in our favour is that we play 2 of the sides that are competing for that final spot in the bulldogs and brisbane, but we still need other sides to do us a favour to make it

I have been hearing from everyone in Adelaide that the Crows only have to win 3 easy games and they make the finals as 12 wins will get you in the 8.
This is NOT the case. Even if the Crows win the 3 remaining games, they are relying on other teams results, why is the media also saying the Crows have destiny in their own hands???
Look at the other sides in contention.

How many can you see getting to 12 wins or better?

If Adelaide go 3-0, that means the Bulldogs and Brisbane will fall short. The Dockers fell over today.

That leaves St. Kilda and Essendon.

If Adelaide and Essendon both go 3-0, Adelaide will finish higher on percentage.

So the only side that could pip Adelaide for the last spot if the Crows go 3-0 is St. Kilda.

The Crows will be barracking pretty hard for the Eagles next week.

Take the trolling to bay 13.

This isn't a troll, just bringing up the truth as I argued this over with 2 people last night who said the Crows are shoe-ins to finish in the top 8, the funny thing was they were barracking for Collingwood last night as they tipped the in their footy tips and I brought up the point they should be going for Melbourne to help the Crows chances of playing in Finals.

Crows are also a slight hope of finishing above Port as they have a tough run home. Although Port play Freo in the last rd at home, and now that Freo is out of the running, they will more than likely capitulate completely like the soft team they are.

Of the other teams who they are a slight chance of finishing above there is

Sydney: Brisbane (a), Collingwood (a), Hawthorn (h) - No gimmies there
Kangaroos: Geelong, Carlton, Bulldogs - You would think they could win one of the Carlton or Dogas games and be safe.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the Crows only have to win 3 ... games and they make the finals as 12 wins will get you in the 8.
This is NOT the case.

It could be the case.

I think you have forgotten to include a word in the thread title. You should have put "necessarily" between the words 'not' and 'in'.

Glad to be of help.

the thing that is in our favour is that we play 2 of the sides that are competing for that final spot in the bulldogs and brisbane, but we still need other sides to do us a favour to make it
Both those teams are shot anyway. I hope you lose to Collingwood, gives us a decent chance even if we go down to West Coast (was confident about today, but worried about next week)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back