Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
I wonder how the Crows are feeling:confused:

Having everything to win for last week brings back so many memories of so many lost games where we were told "The Crows are focused and ready for the task at hand" by an optimistic coaching group.

I think the fact we are rank under dogs is a good thing, going into this weeks game, where we dont play badly as a rule, against a top opposition on which we match up well on.

Weve been beaten by 8 goals on each of the last two occasions by the bombers:rolleyes:

Weve beaten the two teams that have trounced Essendon this year...that says something.

EVERYone will need to be on song this week.
This wont be hard given that I struggled to find a contributor last week, so theyre not short of breath

:eek:

And er ...Go Crows...by 2 points!!:D

I just hate it when the Club says: "This is a test game, against the top side. This will show us where we're really at." AND THEY ALWAYS LOSE!!!!

Originally posted by Crow54
I just hate it when the Club says: "This is a test game, against the top side. This will show us where we're really at." AND THEY ALWAYS LOSE!!!!

Yeah, well it's obvious we're crap against the middle of the road sides so let's see how good we are compared to the best side.." :D

Originally posted by topjars

Weve beaten the two teams that have trounced Essendon this year...that says something.

:confused:

like what??? What does that say??? That because you beat teams that have beaten Essendon, you should beat them too??

Port beat Western Bulldogs last year, and they were the only team to defeat the Bombers the whole year? What does that say?? Nothing...nothing at all!!

• Banned
Staying Positive

On the surface Macca, it probably says f#ckall.
:eek:
We can beat them if we stay positive, and why wouldnt we be?

I reckon Essendon will attack and this will suit the Crowboys looking to see where they sit against the measuring stick.

Gleaning any positives from the season so far is one way I stay optimistic.:p

And er....You guessed it, Go Crows:rolleyes:

Umm, I don't mean to intrude, but before you all howl me down, I just want to ask one question...

What the hell was Ayres thinking benching Jarman in the Third qtr???

He looked prett pissed off about it, and so he should. For a champ like him to be treated that way was pretty shabby I thought.

Sure, he may not be as fast as he used to be (he IS in his mid thirties!), but surely he has something to offer in the forward line?

Having said that, I'll get out of here before the abuse starts!!!

PS. Did you like Welly's little feint at him? Made me laugh a little watching the replay! I'm VERY glad he's going to stick with us!

Couldn't agree more SydneyBomber, I reckon if Jars isn't being effective on a half back flank, our best bet is to play him from the goalsquare leading out, where I think he can still be a 3-4 goalkicker on most nights. I think he could be our focal point. He won't always play well, but he'll always be a chance to kick us a couple, unlike when he's sitting on his arse.

With Robran and Welshy out now I'd like to see Perrie and Hewitt get a decent go replacing them. Give them a few weeks there, and see how it goes. Hopefully Burton comes back and with 3 winnable games coming up let's hope we can rebound after the break.

• Banned
Jarman

Originally posted by SydneyBomber
Umm, I don't mean to intrude, but before you all howl me down, I just want to ask one question...

What the hell was Ayres thinking benching Jarman in the Third qtr???

He looked prett pissed off about it, and so he should. For a champ like him to be treated that way was pretty shabby I thought.

Sure, he may not be as fast as he used to be (he IS in his mid thirties!), but surely he has something to offer in the forward line?

Having said that, I'll get out of here before the abuse starts!!!

PS. Did you like Welly's little feint at him? Made me laugh a little watching the replay! I'm VERY glad he's going to stick with us!

Yeah good call:eek:
The secret to nullify Jars is out!! So why not put him one out in the square? We had nothing to lose.

I got the impression the crow players sub consciously knew they were beat when Robran and Welsh made exits.

Havent watched the replay yet, but geez I was more than p!ssed off at the lack of space the Bombers seem to find after half time.

Bring back Modra and Wellman ... All is forgiven:rolleyes:

...and dispense with D Gallagher and that pr!ck of an umpire Goldsphincta

There is no excuses....the Bombers were all class in the final wrap.

:confused: :confused:

And er...Go Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back