News Crows buy professional eSports team - Update: SOLD

Remove this Banner Ad

The bolded bit is a really good point and why the eSport scene isnt as big in Oz. Doesnt matter what the game is, we're often forced to play on overseas servers, which kills any chance of being competitive.
Standard ping to the US is 250ms. To put that into perspective, If you were to handball at the AFL level, you have to wait a quarter of a second from making the decision until your player starts executing the skill.

There's just no way anyone at AFL has a quarter of a second to spare.

Standard ping to the US is 250ms. To put that into perspective, If you were to handball at the AFL level, you have to wait a quarter of a second from making the decision until your player starts executing the skill.

inb4womensfootball

Legacy getting spanked in Round 2, looks like they're going to go down, apparently this is some sort of round-robin stage of the finals.

EDIT: may have gone a little early, coming back hard now.

Last edited:

Legacy getting spanked in Round 2, looks like they're going to go down, apparently this is some sort of round-robin stage of the finals.

EDIT: may have gone a little early, coming back hard now.

We went from being 6-12 down to win 15-13

Can we get these guys to teach us about mental toughness maybe?

John Klug says hi

from the stream comments:

RezzerWrecked: if i sub can the cost of my sub be put towards a clothes iron for the casters

The bolded bit is a really good point and why the eSport scene isnt as big in Oz. Doesnt matter what the game is, we're often forced to play on overseas servers, which kills any chance of being competitive.

I remember as a kid joining a UT'99 online server on my dialup connection. After a solid 10 seconds of wondering why nothing was happening when I was clicking my mouse and using the WASD keys, I happened to see a rocket stuck in mid-air coming my way. When my client finally caught up, I was instagibbed all over the shop.

Logged out after that affair.

wow, Legacy were 12-3 down in the decider now 14-12, match point against.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

into double overtime, Legacy guys carrying Crows knives lol

iZc5AX3.jpg

I'm not a gamer but have watched the last 20 minutes and although I will probably never watch it again, I can kind of see what the appeal is for people who are.

Ah good morning Mr Sanders

https://dotesports.com/general/the-biggest-investments-esports-3871

Philadelphia 76ers acquire Team Dignitas and Apex

Immortals acquire Team 8 LCS spot, backed by venture capital funding;

Sacramento Kings co-owners buy Team Coast LCS spot, start NRG eSports; Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins invest in NRG eSports

Russia's richest man invests into Virtus.pro

FC Schalke 04 acquire Elements LCS spot

Controlling interest of Team Liquid sold to NBA owners, Magic Johnson

Rick Fox acquires Gravity Gaming LCS spot, founds Echo Fox

Celtics player Jonas Jerebko buys out Renegades

Maybe you're right, and no one will remember... but i'd rather us fail at the cutting edge, rather than fail at the back of the pack. This list has a couple of professional sports teams, a few pro sport players, venture capitalists and "Russia's richest man". If it was one group, i'd think maybe it's silly. But people from differing fields are looking into it, so it has more weight with me.

http://fusion.kinja.com/why-nba-team-owners-are-buying-esports-teams-1793862405

lots of people are investing and trying to break new markets in China.

maybe we should too? ;)

"A team that is at the top of today’s major eSports titles, may fade into obscurity within 12 months as the scene continues to shift.

"The current eSports model is not one of a long-term, sustainable industry"
That said, a sport/entertainment industry with the amount of following eSports has, will not fall over. As with anything new and tech, once the big corporates get hold of it, there'll be more structured revenue streams.

Remember the days before companies realised the internet was a real thing?

Hah, are u calling me old:)
Thats ageist. Is that how u young fellas do it nowadays;)

We're not the ones locking the old out of the housing market, punishing them with increasingly punitive 'welfare' conditions despite a plummeting job market, casualising the jobs, and generally ******* it for everyone else.

Ageist? Get at me gen x.

"A team that is at the top of today’s major eSports titles, may fade into obscurity within 12 months as the scene continues to shift.

"The current eSports model is not one of a long-term, sustainable industry"

"its cold out and those scary youths are looking at me" - Sanders.

We're not the ones locking the old out of the housing market, punishing them with increasingly punitive 'welfare' conditions despite a plummeting job market, casualising the jobs, and generally ******* it for everyone else.

Ageist? Get at me gen x.
It's the boomers you're talking about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back