Scandal Crows caught training illegally allegedl

Remove this Banner Ad

Only thing that matters is if they broke actual public health rules.

If they just broke the AFLs fairness to Victorian rules and were happy to risk spread of infection between themselves, then that's not really a big deal.

I have also been wanting to say for a while I found it hilarious that plenty of players but Tex Walker being one of the notable ones, talking about how they swapped running partners during the week when we were in peak isolation mode. So they thought it was ok to exercise because they were only in groups of 2, but such a dumb mentality and not understanding at all of the situation. If you run with a different person multiple times a week...like I said, wasn't just Crows players, I heard multiple say it, but Walker was the most noteworthy.
If you think all clubs aren't doing something similar I don't know what to say.

If you think all clubs aren't doing something similar I don't know what to say.
This goes with the sighting of 4 power players running together with their dog. Everyone are doing it in one way or another

No isolation rules broken. The hub was approved by SAPOL along using small part of the golf course near by. All they did was kick a footy in a group of 8 players. AFL training protocols only rules they have broken.
Yeah SAPOL totally approved it... thats why they're investigating it instead of just releasing a statement that the Crows plan was approved.

More like the club is desperately trying to have a certain board member smooth it over in the background after they got caught out in their plan.

No isolation rules broken. The hub was approved by SAPOL along using small part of the golf course near by. All they did was kick a footy in a group of 8 players. AFL training protocols only rules they have broken.
They may have been told they could isolate there, that isn’t the same as being exempt from 2 weeks of quarantine. Public health regulations state you can not leave your hotel room for 2 weeks.

It’s not for the police to decide who the rules apply to, only SA health and the state government can decide if a group is exempt.

The went there to isolate for 14 days and they clearly have not been doing that.

They may have been told they could isolate there, that isn’t the same as being exempt from 2 weeks of quarantine. Public health regulations state you can not leave your hotel room for 2 weeks.

It’s not for the police to decide who the rules apply to, only SA health and the state government can decide if a group is exempt.

The went there to isolate for 14 days and they clearly have not been doing that.
Where is this law written? I've been allowed into my courtyard in my hotel quarantine? People at a large property with fixed boundaries and no people allowed in would be equivalent to a courtyard.

Where is this law written? I've been allowed into my courtyard in my hotel quarantine? People at a large property with fixed boundaries and no people allowed in would be equivalent to a courtyard.
It’s on the SA health website, you must not leave your room or go to public places where there are other people which includes parks or other public places.

Up to a 20K fine for breaching these restrictions.

If that’s a public courtyard accessed by others (not just part of your hotel suite) then you breached the public health act and restrictions for quarantine.

Only exception is if you are seeking medical attention.

It’s on the SA health website, you must not leave your room or go to public places where there are other people which includes parks or other public places.

Up to a 20K fine for breaching these restrictions.

If that’s a public courtyard accessed by others (not just part of your hotel suite) then you breached the public health act and restrictions for quarantine.

Only exception is if you are seeking medical attention.
Where the crows players are isn't a public place though.. so I don't really understand your argument.
My courtyard is accessed by other patients only.

Where the crows players are isn't a public place though.. so I don't really understand your argument.
My courtyard is accessed by other patients only.
Then you can’t go out there, that’s a breach of quarantine. Quarantine is not leaving you home or hotel nor going to public places of any sort accessed by others.

Firstly, the course was open to the public during the week so it’s definitely a public place and at minimum they are all using it and they all have to isolate from each other also for the 14 days it’s not just the public. After the 14 day quarantine they can then train in groups of 2 per AFL rules.

Then you can’t go out there, that’s a breach of quarantine. Quarantine is not leaving you home or hotel nor going to public places of any sort accessed by others.

Firstly, the course was open to the public during the week so it’s definitely a public place and at minimum they are all using it and they all have to isolate from each other also for the 14 days it’s not just the public. After the 14 day quarantine they can then train in groups of 2 per AFL rules.
They had AFL and state government approval to train in pairs on the property, so your claim is completely false.

They had AFL and state government approval to train in pairs on the property, so your claim is completely false.
The clubs claim to have police approval, I’ll believe it when I see a statement from the police or SA health.

The requirements for isolation are pretty clear cut and you absolutely can’t do what the crows have done and they are currently under police investigation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New 4 year term for Rob Chapman.
2 year extention for David McKay.
Re-instatement for Brett Burton.
Rowey, K.G., Cornsey Snr and Roo to continue indefinately as Club Spokesmen.

You monster.

The clubs claim to have police approval, I’ll believe it when I see a statement from the police or SA health.

The requirements for isolation are pretty clear cut and you absolutely can’t do what the crows have done and they are currently under police investigation.
You gonna admit you were wrong?

They were busted training on the Tanunda Pines Golf Club, which is not a part of the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort property.

You gonna admit you were wrong?

Must be nice to have an Assistant Commissioner on your board when you want to sweep things under the rug.

SA Health's position on this whole affair was made pretty clear when Smithson asked if Nicola Spurrier had an compassion for the Crows. The blunt "No" is pretty resounding.

They were busted training on the Tanunda Pines Golf Club, which is not a part of the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort property.

Must be nice to have an Assistant Commissioner on your board when you want to sweep things under the rug.

SA Health's position on this whole affair was made pretty clear when Smithson asked if Nicola Spurrier had an compassion for the Crows. The blunt "No" is pretty resounding.
CLEARED. Have a whinge why don't you.

Capture.JPG

Police decide the rules as the SAPOL commissioner is in charge when the state is in a state of emergency.

When you re enter SA or WA you have be isolated in a hotel for 14 days with no contact with anyone other than to receive food etc, the same as people returning from overseas.
They broke both the AFL rules and govt ones, and I expect will be fined by both bodies.
A bloke in WA got 4 months in the can for breaking isolation and leaving his hotel.
Except if you’re Kerry Stokes! then you can go skiing in Aspen (CoViD-19 hotspot), fly back relax at home, before finishing with an ANZAC side trip interstate. All while his newspapers white wash! I agree rules are rules ( Billionaires excluded), but I find it confusing, especially as interstate players were already isolating. That said, Adelaide should have doubled down on the rules, considering its previous bad publicity. Not good, but I drive past full supermarket car parks and 🤔.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back