Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

On Footy Classified last night about Jake Kelly. Has conceded just 5 goals against his direct opponent this year. 3 of them when we got handily beaten by Geelong in Round 11.

View attachment 396007

I love Kelly (give me a "real" footballer any day) but he lost two contests against Stringer in the bulldogs game that directly resulted in goals (a ground ball contest on the South/Eastern wing and a marking contest at the northern end). He has been excellent but those numbers seem weird and untrustworthy.

I love Kelly (give me a "real" footballer any day) but he lost two contests against Stringer in the bulldogs game that directly resulted in goals (a ground ball contest on the South/Eastern wing and a marking contest at the northern end). He has been excellent but those numbers seem weird and untrustworthy.

I don't think the numbers include contests lost that result in a goal to someone else

Now we know what the feedback is that Phil gave to Rory about why he wasn't captain. Also a nice insight in why we are seeing the change in game style and desire from our group. While this is a video about Rory, he spends a lot of time talking about the team.

I'm after some help/advice. I was lucky enough to win a signed Sherrin match ball by the entire 2017 AFC list, with certificate of authenticity through a club sponsor. Can anyone recommend a place around Adelaide (preferably South of Adelaide) to get an acrylic box and a plaque made up for safe keeping and display of the ball?

Also, should I keep it pumped up or let it go flat?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

How much you want for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I happen to be in Melbourne for the next two hours, does anyone know if there's any sort of training run on at the G today? I only know of the one on yesterday at Footy Park back in SA.

I happen to be in Melbourne for the next two hours, does anyone know if there's any sort of training run on at the G today? I only know of the one on yesterday at Footy Park back in SA.

They don't usually have training runs when away in Melbourne, at least not those that are open to the public

Now we know what the feedback is that Phil gave to Rory about why he wasn't captain. Also a nice insight in why we are seeing the change in game style and desire from our group. While this is a video about Rory, he spends a lot of time talking about the team.

Thanks for the share Nikki, that was fantastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He recently said on radio in Melbourne that trying to get players to leave Adelaide (the club) is going to be very difficult.
It would be interesting to know if the playing group in general feels any sort of legacy towards Phil Walsh now, or if some of them have moved on ..

It would be interesting to know if the playing group in general feels any sort of legacy towards Phil Walsh now, or if some of them have moved on ..

You can bet a bunch of them do - but have to remember they're looking at it through the prism of their entire lives, rather than supporters like us.

In Dangerfields case it might have shook him up enough to remind him that family is most important to him. More than loyalty to his club. Walsh wouldn't have argued with him on that - I think he had some deep regrets about not doing more of the family thing.

You have to move on to an extent but that doesn't mean you forget. But yeah everyone would feel differently about it - you can be sure if we win a flag it'd be dedicated to him.

He's been talking the club up since his son got here. Often behind the scenes to other club officials who happen to also be in the media, who then repeat it on air.

Can we ask him to have a word to Levers dad?

You know what shits me.

We are clear on top of the ladder with a game in hand. Best attach. Tight defense.

Yet in most experts All Australian teams we are lucky to have Laird in the back pocket and even then smart arse Vic's try to argue Docherty or Hibberd.

We should have 3 or 4 in there at least including Sloane, Betts (despite some down form have been key in us being top), Lever, Walker and Lynch in the discussions.

You know what shits me.

We are clear on top of the ladder with a game in hand. Best attach. Tight defense.

Yet in most experts All Australian teams we are lucky to have Laird in the back pocket and even then smart arse Vic's try to argue Docherty or Hibberd.

We should have 3 or 4 in there at least including Sloane, Betts (despite some down form have been key in us being top), Lever, Walker and Lynch in the discussions.

Hibberd has been more damaging than Laird so it's not an unfair discussion.

Betts will get in for sure. Sloane on the bench is a possibility. Lever may get there as a third tall but I'd be surprised if they didn't go with Rance and Hurley. Lynch squad only. Walker won't make it as a KPF unless he's top 3 on the goals tally

Hibberd has been more damaging than Laird so it's not an unfair discussion.

Betts will get in for sure. Sloane on the bench is a possibility. Lever may get there as a third tall but I'd be surprised if they didn't go with Rance and Hurley. Lynch squad only. Walker won't make it as a KPF unless he's top 3 on the goals tally
Walker leads the league in goal assists though... which is impressive for a CHF who is also in the top 10 kickers in his own right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back