Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

More Cafes will start to disappear ....the smaller one's that is .....the financial model has changed, cash has diappeared with the advent of Tap-n-Go

Here in Melbourne a few have been picketed by staff over "dodgy" pays .......and the ATO did a surprise raid on a popular cafe spot in Hardware Lane, Melb CBD last week .....times are a changin
My son asked me to take him to Starbucks in the Gallery mall Kuta mid November. Basically the same price for a Latte as Oz. I suggested both my kids buy Mum a big coffee mug they had there, then was aghast to see
Rp 180,000 or $18. Bali not cheap no more. I guess these big dogs will carry on.

The in progress property market crash is going to wipe out thousands of gullible parasites leveraged into orbit over a dozen properties that won't pay back half the loans when they go into foreclosure, but it's not likely to make a serious dent on a pro athlete earning $350k a year.
Wow

My son asked me to take him to Starbucks in the Gallery mall Kuta mid November. Basically the same price for a Latte as Oz. I suggested both my kids buy Mum a big coffee mug they had there, then was aghast to see
Rp 180,000 or $18. Bali not cheap no more. I guess these big dogs will carry on.
Yeah, but in Kuta at a big western brand your paying full tote plus extra. They bank ok scared westerners wanting their stuff over the unknown of a bali cafe.

Some of my best 1 nighters have been to legian, tiny room for $40 old colonial buildings, big pools, you wander behind Poppy's lane find a tiny restaurant pay $5 for your meal an pay $1 a Bintang.

Then head over the bounty, where on Saturdays it's Pirate night and the captain is away!

Crows 2023 Rd 1 line up.

Laird Doedee Brown
Milera Keath Smith
Atkins Jones Seedsman
Mcadam Fog Gallucci
McHenry Berg Stengle
ROB BCrouch M Crouch

Int Greenwood, 2019 Pick 1, Mackay

I thought that I'd just have a look at this as an exercise to see what we look like once the old blokes go.
TBH I think that we're looking ok. Smith Seeds, Greenwood and Keath are all the veterans in that side just turned 31 going into the season. For a supposedly old side I think that our future is pretty bright.

Crows 2023 Rd 1 line up.

Laird Doedee Brown
Milera Keath Smith
Atkins Jones Seedsman
Mcadam Fog Gallucci
McHenry Berg Stengle
ROB BCrouch M Crouch

I thought that I'd just have a look at this as an exercise to see what we look like once the old blokes go.
TBH I think that we're looking ok. Smith Seeds, Greenwood and Keath are all the veterans in that side just turned 31 going into the season. For a supposedly old side I think that our future is pretty bright.

Doedee isn't big enough to be a KPD. Unless we convert Himmelberg, our KPDs 5 years from now aren't on the list yet.

Yeah, but in Kuta at a big western brand your paying full tote plus extra. They bank ok scared westerners wanting their stuff over the unknown of a bali cafe.

Some of my best 1 nighters have been to legian, tiny room for $40 old colonial buildings, big pools, you wander behind Poppy's lane find a tiny restaurant pay $5 for your meal an pay $1 a Bintang.

Then head over the bounty, where on Saturdays it's Pirate night and the captain is away!

Oh I totally agree,
I went for my sisters birthday and I really did not want to spend $1000 share for a Villa for the week but I really had to go with the flow.
Next time it’s going to be on the cheap.
My mob were looking at paying $100 for a rafting trip, 5 mins on the phone I had the same thing for $30 each. Just looked up the price for Tully River from Cairns $259 each. I’ll leave that to the backpackers.

The AFL websites "The 50 biggest stories of 2018:". I somehow thinking our CM and training camp is going to be one of the top 2 or 3 even though the AFL cleared us.

Got food poisoning at the Bounty on my first trip.

Went to a very old local Doctor that had a yellowed picture of Ronald Reagan on the wall along with a framed letter of thanks from the US President for supporting him on his trip to Bali. Had a great bedside manner - "How long have you had the sheets?"

$10 worth of broad spectrum anitbiotics and Imodium plus a couple of days spent close to a toilet and I was right to go again.

Crows 2023 Rd 1 line up.

Laird Doedee Brown
Milera Keath Smith
Atkins Jones Seedsman
Mcadam Fog Gallucci
McHenry Berg Stengle
ROB BCrouch M Crouch

Not enough Luko, Rankine or Hateley in that side

Crows 2023 Rd 1 line up.

Laird Doedee Brown
Milera Keath Smith
Atkins Jones Seedsman
Mcadam Fog Gallucci
McHenry Berg Stengle
ROB BCrouch M Crouch

I think replacing Sloane, Tex and Talia is not trivial.

Maybe one of the young kids like Jones becomes as good as Sloane, but the odds are against, and we will probably be outside finals with this lineup.

I think that’s fine by the way. I’m not obsessed with being perpetually 6th. Happy to get access to better draft resources for 2-3 years.

I think replacing Sloane, Tex and Talia is not trivial.

Maybe one of the young kids like Jones becomes as good as Sloane, but the odds are against, and we will probably be outside finals with this lineup.

I think that’s fine by the way. I’m not obsessed with being perpetually 6th. Happy to get access to better draft resources for 2-3 years.
Look I think that Talia and Betts are the toughest ones for us to replace. Good KPD's don't grow on trees and Betts is a freak. I think Fog has all the makings of replacing Tex. Sloane's greatest asset is his heart. For me, this wasn't an exercise about being trivial or flippant. But what do we look like after we lose our eldest? Getting access to the top end of the draft over the past few years will be critical to us being a premiership threat 2023+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got food poisoning at the Bounty on my first trip.

Went to a very old local Doctor that had a yellowed picture of Ronald Reagan on the wall along with a framed letter of thanks from the US President for supporting him on his trip to Bali. Had a great bedside manner - "How long have you had the sheets?"

$10 worth of broad spectrum anitbiotics and Imodium plus a couple of days spent close to a toilet and I was right to go again.
Jesus, you ate there.

Doedee isn't big enough to be a KPD. Unless we convert Himmelberg, our KPDs 5 years from now aren't on the list yet.
Maybe. Dodee is super athletic and could do it. It also depends on where sides will be looking in terms of tall timber in the future. Although with Richmond getting lynch even they are moving away from mosquito fleet.

I've been to Bali twice and can't handle the humbug. I'm one that stays in the big brands paying through the nose. But I've only gone to help out the old man, I wouldn't go there by choice.

Crows 2023 Rd 1 line up.

Laird Doedee Brown
Milera Keath Smith
Atkins Jones Seedsman
Mcadam Fog Gallucci
McHenry Berg Stengle
ROB BCrouch M Crouch

Not a bad side, but Mackay is always named on the field even though he mostly starts on the bench.

Ben Hart fan club disagrees with this comment

Ben Hart retired 12 years ago, and played when Corey McKernan was a freakishly tall KPF at 197cm

Today there are half a dozen +200cm forwards playing with more coming through, Doedee is smaller than Brodie Smith, and he doesn't have the closing speed of Dane Rampe. KPD isn't on the cards.

Last edited:
No way, will just be starting to hit his peak. I'm expecting 2023 to be a break out year for the young gun.
Hopefully he fills out by then.

I was worried when Thommo was around that he kept stealing his protein powder. Now I think maybe Gooch has started picking on the Kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back