Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t a conscience vote another cop out? Gillard was PM. The ALP always vote as a block. If she made a call to support gay marriage, it would have happened. It didn’t.

So was Gillard a coward too for not doing her job and reverting to a conscience vote she knew wouldn’t get up?

What about those who did vote no on the conscience vote? Gillard. Rudd. Swan. Burke. Emerson.

Heroes, each one to the end, yeah?

Spin all you want. Labor could have. Didn’t. Liberals did. Labor was gonna. Nothing worse than a gonna.
No, the pathetic thing is the Libs TWICE refusing to have a free vote on the issue.

Too cowardly to lead.

Gillard had the balls, even when she disagreed, to let people vote as they saw right. Not just bullshit party politics.

No, the pathetic thing is the Libs TWICE refusing to have a free vote on the issue.

Too cowardly to lead.

Gillard had the balls, even when she disagreed, to let people vote as they saw right. Not just bullshit party politics.
How is it courageous when the result of the conscience vote was assured. It was an overwhelming vote no, and she’d have known this. If anything it was an insult.

Too cowardly to lead.

Seriously you are a joke. All you’ve highlighted is Labor couldn’t get it done and their leaders voted against it. Hell even I voted for it and I’m supposed to be a RWNJ, what does that make Julia?

The Libs made it happen, got the job done, your party didn’t, stop your whining you sooky sooky lala.

Seriously you are a joke. All you’ve highlighted is Labor couldn’t get it done and their leaders voted against it. Hell even I voted for it and I’m supposed to be a RWNJ, what does that make Julia?

The Libs made it happen, got the job done, your party didn’t, stop your whining you sooky sooky lala.
This was 2012!

All of you idiots that said Labor didn't try to get it to happen - wrong, wrong, wrong. They made it party policy in 2011 and they put the legislation to parliament while they were only a minority government.

Labor let all their MPs vote freely, as their conscience demanded. The Libs demanded that everyone vote in a faceless party block AGAINST EQUALITY.

The Libs demanded their members vote AGAINST EQUALITY. Think about that for a second.

Once they were in power, the Libs STILL didn't let their MPs vote freely! They still refused to do the incredibly obvious and just pass the legislation, which Labor guaranteed they'd do within 100 days. They forced a meaningless, divisive and expensive plebiscite, and STILL their bigoted leaders voted against the will of their electorate and voted against equality.

The Libs did everything they could to prevent this happening, but the weight of social change was against them. At every point, they made the choice that made marriage equality LESS likely.

It's only that they are an ineffectual party that doesn't match the beliefs of everyday Australians that ruled against them. They couldn't delay it any longer, just to pander to the Canavans, Christensens, Duttons and Abbotts of their party.

Even without having the heart to allow their MPs to vote freely on the issue, they still saw history change.

How is it courageous when the result of the conscience vote was assured. It was an overwhelming vote no, and she’d have known this. If anything it was an insult.
You're writing in support of a soulless party that would only let their MPs vote in a faceless party bloc, all to prevent marriage equality.

Gillard let her members speak for themselves and vote as they felt their electorate would want them to.

Labor HAD a conscience about this issue. The Libs still don't.

s**t, even after the plebiscite Abbott wouldn't represent the will of his electorate on this issue. It shows how deep his prejudice is.

This was 2012!

All of you idiots that said Labor didn't try to get it to happen - wrong, wrong, wrong. They made it party policy in 2011 and they put the legislation to parliament while they were only a minority government.

Labor let all their MPs vote freely, as their conscience demanded. The Libs demanded that everyone vote in a faceless party block AGAINST EQUALITY.

The Libs demanded their members vote AGAINST EQUALITY. Think about that for a second.

Once they were in power, the Libs STILL didn't let their MPs vote freely! They still refused to do the incredibly obvious and just pass the legislation, which Labor guaranteed they'd do within 100 days. They forced a meaningless, divisive and expensive plebiscite, and STILL their bigoted leaders voted against the will of their electorate and voted against equality.

The Libs did everything they could to prevent this happening, but the weight of social change was against them. At every point, they made the choice that made marriage equality LESS likely.

It's only that they are an ineffectual party that doesn't match the beliefs of everyday Australians that ruled against them. They couldn't delay it any longer, just to pander to the Canavans, Christensens, Duttons and Abbotts of their party.

Even without having the heart to allow their MPs to vote freely on the issue, they still saw history change.
Who gives a s**t if it was 2012, that’s the info you brought up and Julia and the Labor leaders voted it down! The party of the righteous voted against Marriage Equality and Libs made it happen. That’s what the history books will show and you will just have to suck it up princess.

You're writing in support of a soulless party that would only let their MPs vote in a faceless party bloc, all to prevent marriage equality.

Gillard let her members speak for themselves and vote as they felt their electorate would want them to.

s**t, even after the plebiscite Abbott wouldn't represent the will of his electorate on this issue. It shows how deep his prejudice is.
You are such a hypocrite, they voted against it. That’s all that counts. And you call yourself balanced, what a joke.

Who gives a s**t if it was 2012, that’s the info you brought up and Julia and the Labor leaders voted it down! The party of the righteous voted against Marriage Equality and Libs made it happen. That’s what the history books will show and you will just have to suck it up princess.
LOL - you've been proven wrong with all of your partisan garbage. All of your anti-Labor attacks, when Labor actually tried to get the legislation passed YEARS ago.

3/4 of Labor voted with their conscience in 2012 to get it in. Zero Libs voted for it. Zero Libs we're ALLOWED to, because the party machine refused to let them have their own voice on this issue.

If both sides had actually let MPs votes freely, it would have gotten through, because there would have been more than 15 Libs would have crossed the floor.

But the Party wanted Marriage Equality stopped.

They never allowed a free vote on it. They were always the party looking for a way to delay and prevent. They always wanted to pander to their extremists.

You are such a hypocrite, they voted against it. That’s all that counts. And you call yourself balanced, what a joke.
15 members voted against it, YEARS ago.

The vast majority were for - and ZERO Libs voted for it.

You're so one eyed on this, it's like trying to discuss Hinkley with a Paps supporter.

Anyway, I enjoy the bants on this, but I think the point has been proven to anyone with an open mind.

I'm not going to keep saying the same things over and over - it's time to move on, as no one ever changes their mind on the internet.

15 members voted against it, YEARS ago.

The vast majority were for - and ZERO Libs voted for it.

You're so one eyed on this, it's like trying to discuss Hinkley with a Paps supporter.
6 years ago and Labor leaders voted it down. Enough said hypocrite.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...opers-beer-bible-society-20170310-guvtsd.html

And btw, what sort of "debate" is it when you get two conservative politicians with exactly the same views to "debate" the subject of marriage equality?

As I've said, they have every right to promote their views, however I also have the right to spend my hard earned where I wish.

Wish more people thought like this :thumbsu:

No need to pretend your opinion is anything more meaningful that jack s**t, but equally u pays your money you takes your choice.

No fuss, no mess just getting on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't obvious. Certainly it wasn't obvious to Labor during their reign.

Everyone had their say. Even the unbearable hicks who would've continued ad nauseam had there been no vote.

No plebiscite would have given the extremists a permanent platform for their prejudiced views. Now they have none.

It’s almost as if people think public opinion swung overnight, creating conditions that didn’t exist under former governments but suddenly did under the new one (thus legitimising the eating and having cake paradox)

The plebiscite was a disgrace, it should have just been put into law; but the idea there is any moral high ground for the so called liberal intelligentsia having neither legislated nor held a plebiscite when in power is insane

A bigger question for the Labour Party might be how they ended up on the wrong side of history for an issue they should have owned.

6 years ago and Labor leaders voted it down. Enough said hypocrite.
Sigh - you that desperate for the last word, EC?

Even when you've been humbled by how wrong you are?

15 Labor members voted no. 45 or so voted yes.

That's what happens with a free vote, done by people with a conscience.

Which the Libs NEVER allowed, not even once.

I guess because they knew no one had a conscience? Or maybe no one in that party allows free thought?

It's laughable you point out that YEARS AGO, Labor had leaders that didn't support marriage equality, before eventually changing their minds and saying they were wrong.

Because all the Lib leadership STILL didn't support it in 2018, even when 75% of their constituents voted for it. They were never going to have their minds changed, because their prejudice was bone deep.

Sigh - you that desperate for the last word, EC?

Even when you've been humbled by how wrong you are?

15 Labor members voted no. 45 or so voted yes.

That's what happens with a free vote, done by people with a conscience.

Which the Libs NEVER allowed, not even once.

I guess because they knew no one had a conscience? Or maybe no one in that party allows free thought?

It's laughable you point out that YEARS AGO, Labor had leaders that didn't support marriage equality, before eventually changing their minds and saying they were wrong.

Because all the Lib leadership STILL didn't support it in 2018, even when 75% of their constituents voted for it. They were never going to have their minds changed, because their prejudice was bone deep.
Once again you’ve shown your hypocrisy, you just quoted my post so YOU could have the last word even after you said you’ve had enough. You are laughable.

I don’t care how many Labor MPs voted yes, their leaders didn’t and they couldn’t bring in Marriage Equality, the Libs did. Suck that up sooky lala

Yes it happened under their watch however they were like the proverbial screaming kid - didn’t want it but the overwhelming public pressure ensured it was always going to win. ALP started the process, by having a vote in the Parliament. Both parties contributed.

Yes it happened under their watch however they were like the proverbial screaming kid - didn’t want it but the overwhelming public pressure ensured it was always going to win. ALP started the process, by having a vote in the Parliament. Both parties contributed.
Nah, one party got it done, as much as lefties hate it.

Once again you’ve shown your hypocrisy, you just quoted my post so YOU could have the last word even after you said you’ve had enough. You are laughable.

I don’t care how many Labor MPs voted yes, their leaders didn’t and they couldn’t bring in Marriage Equality, the Libs did. Suck that up sooky lala

Unfortunately, you are going to be sooking in about 3 months time.

Bang, and there it is. It's all about your hatred of ABBOTT. Well, you're not alone with that feeling, but show some common sense and realise what was achieved despite effwits like him having influence within the coalition. Celebrate the people that worked out a way to get it done.

LOL - you've been proven wrong with all of your partisan garbage. All of your anti-Labor attacks, when Labor actually tried to get the legislation passed YEARS ago.

3/4 of Labor voted with their conscience in 2012 to get it in. Zero Libs voted for it. Zero Libs we're ALLOWED to, because the party machine refused to let them have their own voice on this issue.

If both sides had actually let MPs votes freely, it would have gotten through, because there would have been more than 15 Libs would have crossed the floor.

But the Party wanted Marriage Equality stopped.

They never allowed a free vote on it. They were always the party looking for a way to delay and prevent. They always wanted to pander to their extremists.

Did they though? A private members bill with the party leaders voting no just like the homophobic Abbott that we hate so much. It's embarrassing that you believed yourself to be centrist. You're more left than Bicks is right but at least he's self aware. You're delusional and are completely on another planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back