Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you want a laugh have a read of the Let’s talk Port thread, Janus in fine form.

The only problem heading over there is I will want to type something, will type something then get an infraction worth 3 points irrespective whether it is a minor one or not even inflammatory - got suspended for a week about a month ago.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The only problem heading over there is I will want to type something, will type something then get an infraction worth 3 points irrespective whether it is a minor one or not even inflammatory - got suspended for a week about a month ago.
Don’t worry they are paying him out for us. To think they used to lap his madness up.

He wouldn't though, those two in particular would be Talia's job. Could I picture him standing a lesser light like Jenkins (as an example of a bigger then average 2nd tall), and being reliant on structure to cover him defensively? Yeah. They're lesser forwards for a reason, despite their size.

This was a discussion about a time period after Talia's retirement, and by extension Hartigan and Keath's as well. The OP listed Doedee as our long term future full back, I disagreed and said that neither of our post-Talia KPDs were on our list yet.

That said, whilst it's trending that way in the long term, I reckon you're about 10-20 years off the sizing of a contemporary KPF. There are still more 193-197cm/92-96kg players to match up against which whilst is still out of Doedees weight range is a nicer matchup, especially as a 2nd tall in a set up. That said, there'd be a level of accepting you'd concede a higher goals per game from these positions with the hope that the added offensive game from a Doedee (compared to Hartigan/Keath) in that position would offset that.

It's not 10 years away, it's right now - while Josh Jenkins, Charlie Dixon, Ben Brown, and Tom Lynch are on the older side, Joe Daniher, Tom Boyd, Josh Schache, Eric Hipwood, Harry McKay, Dougal Howard, Darcy Moore, and Peter Wright are all around the 200cm mark or higher and under 25, all tracking to have at least solid AFL careers, and have just been joined by the King twins.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don’t worry they are paying him out for us. To think they used to lap his madness up.

Just read Janus’s posts - the two players leave (who were pivotal in the last two Showdowns for them) and comes up with a theory to fit. ******* bizarre stuff - variable rate heart movement???? WTF?

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I’ve only just read this last page and I think it says it all where people sit in the political spectrum.

The plebiscite allowed the public to have their say, there is now ownership and acceptance of the decision. It’s been an unbelievable success.

How lefty centrists can’t see that and be thankful that we now have marriage equality and it’s a publicly accepted position is beyond me.

Stop your whinging you ungrateful sooks and be happy. **** me drunk.

Personally I think the only reason that the plebiscite had the result it did was due to the moderates being in control of the LNP.

I don't think this is what Tony Abbott envisaged when he brought up the idea of a plebiscite. My guess is that he thought that by being PM he would be able to use his position to throw enough shade, much like what John Howard did with the republic referrundum, to persuade voters to vote no.

Ironically when the time came, he was sitting powerless on the backbench while the moderates were telling Australia to vote yes. It was poetic justice in the end that Tony Abbott's plebiscite ended up being the catalyst for changing the laws.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Personally I think the only reason that the plebiscite had the result it did was due to the moderates being in control of the LNP.

I don't think this is what Tony Abbott envisaged when he brought up the idea of a plebiscite. My guess is that he thought that by being PM he would be able to uae his position to throw enough shade, much like what John Howard did with the republic referrundum, to persuade voters to vote no.

Ironically when the time came, he was sitting powerless on the backbench while the moderates were telling Australia to vote yes. It was poetic justice in the end that Tony Abbott's plebiscite ended up being the catalyst for changing the laws.

If we know anything about global politics in recent years it’s the public doesn’t listen to what it’s told to do

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz

I am surprised that it took as long as it did for them to realise that he was a snake oil salesman.

He's always been the same, he creates a false conclusion and then he works backwards by using pseudo-analytics to justify his conclusion.

The latest is his crackpot theory that suggests that Wingard and Polec are pea hearted chokers, yet 12 months ago they were lynch pins of the Port side :D

Last edited:

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Last edited:
Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Hahaha
Who wants our debt ?
Can we get a new Crows membership drive record ?

image.jpeg

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hahaha
Who wants our debt ?
Can we get a new Crows membership drive record ?

View attachment 599359

It’s terrible, that debt with our population will cripple us for years. Labor party are oblivious to it and believe that all is well. Sadly, there’s no viable alternative, CLP are a joke and Nats seemingly disinterest in an NT branch. 1territory has ruled a line through our only income producing option. It’s time to consider getting out. We’re cooked, put a fork in us.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
It’s terrible, that debt with our population will cripple us for years. Labor party are oblivious to it and believe that all is well. Sadly, there’s no viable alternative, CLP are a joke and Nats seemingly disinterest in an NT branch. 1territory has ruled a line through our only income producing option. It’s time to consider getting out. We’re cooked, put a fork in us.
If politics is living here for the moment is it an idea that refugees , economic or otherwise , be placed into the NT to increase this population pool?

5 year Temp Visa and any move to another state means the Visa is cancelled

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
If politics is living here for the moment is it an idea that refugees , economic or otherwise , be placed into the NT to increase this population pool?

Certainly would satisfy the NIMBY requirement

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am surprised that it took as long as it did for them to realise that he was a snake oil salesman.

He's always been the same, he creates a false conclusion and then he works backwards by using pseudo-analytics to justify his conclusion.

The latest is his crackpot theory that suggests that Wingard and Polec are pea hearted chokers, yet 12 months ago they were lynch pins of the Port side :D

Janus is the Jesse Ventura of Port Adelaide fans.

It's way too ****ing expensive to even go visit. $350 a night for a three star hotel room turned me off - was cheaper to go to Vanuatu for a week.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

It makes sense but it won’t happen. There’s no chance that either the NT government or new commonwealth government will impose such a restriction.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's way too ****ing expensive to even go visit. $350 a night for a three star hotel room turned me off - was cheaper to go to Vanuatu for a week.

That sounds expensive. But may have been at the primary attractions eg Uluru. You wouldn’t pay that in Alice Springs or Darwin outside of the Inpex influx. But s**t is expensive here, huge distances and SFA population. There could be more economic opportunity but the land councils stifle growth to limit community self sustainability. We’re screwed in every direction that is a plausible improvement. The current government is heading towards being the worst since self government and that’s a very low bar to not exceed.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide

You can nearly fly to the USA as cheap as flying to Darwin (looked at Qantas prices for the Crows game - yes Jetstar is cheaper but doing the comparison with the same airline). Ludicrous.

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
We are well and truly cooked
Businesses are closing down
Tourism down
There are 350 vacant houses in my area alone for rent

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
We are well and truly cooked
Businesses are closing down
Tourism down
There are 350 vacant houses in my area alone for rent

Has tourism been improving since inpex ceased constructing. Is there a little light at the end of that tunnel?

Our major problem is lack of viable government. If I only had Labor or CLP to vote for and had to actually choose one, I'd have to be the current incompetents. And they're absolutely dismal.

Back