Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Has tourism been improving since inpex ceased constructing. Is there a little light at the end of that tunnel?

Our major problem is lack of viable government. If I only had Labor or CLP to vote for and had to actually choose one, I'd have to be the current incompetents. And they're absolutely dismal.
Sad isn’t it? Times like this that Mickey Mouse makes an appearance on ballot papers.

We could find ourselves with a coalition of around 8-10 independents and a few of either CLP or Labor forming government. Might be heading towards interesting times.
Sometimes I think that could work. Instead of voting on party lines, people are forced to negotiate and try to come out with a result that works. One of the Scandinavian countries governs like that I think? The opposition doesn’t always have bad ideas, and neither does the government, but to appear as polar opposites, parties go out of their way to bad mouth opposing policies. I just wish they were adult enough to say “policy A has some merits and we should look at it” instead of dismissing it out of hand because it is “their” policy. Work together FFS, for the greater good!

We are well and truly cooked
Businesses are closing down
Tourism down
There are 350 vacant houses in my area alone for rent
Couldn't believe the Ducks Nuts was gone when I visited a month ago. It's looking a little sad that end of Mitchell st. Looks like could do with a stimulus.

Sometimes I think that could work. Instead of voting on party lines, people are forced to negotiate and try to come out with a result that works. One of the Scandinavian countries governs like that I think? The opposition doesn’t always have bad ideas, and neither does the government, but to appear as polar opposites, parties go out of their way to bad mouth opposing policies. I just wish they were adult enough to say “policy A has some merits and we should look at it” instead of dismissing it out of hand because it is “their” policy. Work together FFS, for the greater good!
Finland usually has 3 or so parties forming a coalition & have a stable government with ministers from different parties. Plenty of European countries have similar. I don't think it would be a bad thing in Australia as they are more likely to keep each other honest & compromise/have more discussion on policy.

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Couldn't believe the Ducks Nuts was gone when I visited a month ago. It's looking a little sad that end of Mitchell st. Looks like could do with a stimulus.
The city only becomes alive during the dry season. The cost of operating a business is really huge.
Most Locals shop in our huge air con shopping centres. Not in the City.
I read an article recently about the City centre where a cruise ship was due in but nothing was open.

https://www.ntnews.com.au/lifestyle...n/news-story/3acd7eded55739d1ebc648448c9d4f87

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now that I've discovered I can post images from my phone... I've been wanting to show this off for a while...

20190103_192605.jpg

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just looking at the thread title I figure this is the right place to post.

Disappointed to see kyle Cheney delisted. Maybe it's the right time, I don't know. But he wasn't really given a fair go at it under pyke. He came in only out of necessity in 2018 and did his job well. He's 29. I have no reason to believe he couldn't have done the same next yr, even if you wanted to put him on yearly contracts. I think he added depth and options to our squad against those small forward lines, and he repeatedly beat opponents bigger than himself when he found himself mismatched.

Underrated role player imo and under utilised, and possibly delisted too soon.
It’s a cut-throat competition at the end of the day. This is the reality of it all. Players who are younger or players who can play in several key positions are likely to be given more chances, whilst players who are older and haven’t played much AFL are going to find it tough to keep their spots around their mid-to-late twenties.

I look it more as a good and bad:
- bad for Cheney, and who I think most of the fans can agree has been very serviceable in his AFL games with us.
- good for a younger player to develop further in the same position as Cheney. Also doesn’t help his cause when we have rising star defenders in Doedee, Keath and Milera, and also the return of Smith.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
We are well and truly cooked
Businesses are closing down
Tourism down
There are 350 vacant houses in my area alone for rent
Crikey, when I was there 2013 we were paying $730 a week in rent in Jingili. 40 year old house with a pool. Inpex was just starting. I couldn’t work there as I couldn’t do the medical due to a Hernia. Left for Cairns because it was too expensive to stay.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Listening to the Christmas ep of the Junktime podcast, they tee off on our membership numbers and Talia's injury, but they talk to former Collingwood/Brisbane player Jack Frost and he says Ben Hart was probably the best coach he had during his AFL career.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Listening to the Christmas ep of the Junktime podcast, they tee off on our membership numbers and Talia's injury, but they talk to former Collingwood/Brisbane player Jack Frost and he says Ben Hart was probably the best coach he had during his AFL career.
And look where Jack Frost is now.

Is the second one where he played on and kicked the ball straight up in the air?
na, he took 2 screamers in about 10 mins, the first one he did that. this was the 2nd one, he showed the ball to the goal ump and enquired if he had indeed caught that one in front of the line, before going back and slotting the goal

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
na, he took 2 screamers in about 10 mins, the first one he did that. this was the 2nd one, he showed the ball to the goal ump and enquired if he had indeed caught that one in front of the line, before going back and slotting the goal
Thanks for that, yes, it's coming back to me now.

I am in awe of people who can remember that sort of detail :)

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Me too, i have no memory for that kind of detail at sporting events

I remember bits and pieces but... nope

it kinda all melds into one long game of football...

Thanks for that, yes, it's coming back to me now.

I can't remember my parents or kids birthday, but I can remember with frightening accuracy the details of a mark that modra attempted in the 3rd quarter against Essendon in 1994 at football park in around the 17th min, or the goal that turned right angles that nick gill kicked in the 4th quarter against Essendon at etihad

I like the way we keep mentioning that our season launch is a free event. Some nice, subtle trolling of our fellow AO tenant.

Back