News Crows Documentary?

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyed the first epsiode. I'll spread it over a couple of weeks to enjoy it.

1 thing I took away from episode 1 is how bad our facility at West Lakes looks now. It's embarrassing compared to others. Surrounded by construction, no greenery whatsoever, players having to duck under construction tape to get in. How could we ever let it come to this?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
And yet some think we don't need to move

1 thing I took away from episode 1 is how bad our facility at West Lakes looks now. It's embarrassing compared to others. Surrounded by construction, no greenery whatsoever, players having to duck under construction tape to get in. How could we ever let it come to this?

This is true. I've been a "city or stay at West Lakes but upgrade it" advocate. But seeing how dire West Lakes is from a "feel" standpoint"... yeah it's time to get the f*ck outta there.

The construction site is temporary. Will be nice in a years time.

But the actual facility is dated and needs a refurbishment. I reckon it is financially better to move rather than update it

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I agree, but not in the same way

Brad started playing for us in 2013, left at the end of 2020. So in eight seasons, he had five senior coaches.
Anyone care to remember GF day? One of our best with 29D, 6T, 7 clearances. Big stage, he turns up.
He spends 2018 injured because we’ve got the “best” fitness dept in the country
We collapse into a heap
...and the whole time, the club has never stood up and said, “we got this wrong, sorry guys”

then he gets a new coach, whose big man moment is “if you don’t like defending, go away”, appointed by the same morons who caused all the problems in the first place... instead he gets, “you no defend”, with a captain who thinks he’s a Furby looking on

if he’s got an attitude problem, it’s because he‘s sick of our club being full of w***ers

I‘m not surprised he left, and I’ll be cheering for him when we play the Saints

we cleaned out most of the admin, and the coaches, but the board left to a round of applause after royally ******* our club.

And let's not forget that on that big stage he turned up with shot quads full of painkillers.

The thing that sticks out like the proverbial in that clip is our overpayed non-performing sycophant captain chirping complete rubbish in the background. The guy doesn't even deserve his spot in the team based on form over the last 18 months and he's telling others to lift their game. He would be the first I would trade. There's a future coaching job or board seat with his name on it under our current admin.

He's a *******. Needs to be out of the club ASAP.

Imagine being a GWS player and watching that series.

You’d be that pissed off with the quality of Leon Cameron vs Hardwick, Simpson, Dew and even Nicks.

Richmond are extremely well run. The way the entire club continually speaks about culture and the importance they place on culture is something so far from how we were operating is not funny. Everything they do is about culture and winning. From top to bottom. That's the benchmark for where we need to be.

The difference between Richmond’s review (premiership the year after) and ours (wooden spoon the year after) reminds me of the scene where George Costanza is looking at wedding invitations in a big book priced from best quality at the front to worst quality at the back, and he flips the book immediately to the last page.

That’s what we must’ve done when we ordered our review.

GWS are a shambles. Leon Cameron appears to have lost the players, his passionate/angry speeches trying to fire up the players had basically no effect. He seemed a bit clueless and a lot of his talk was unimpressive and shallow. Stephen Coniglio is a baffling choice as captain, he doesn't seem like he knows how to lead at all. Half way through he's seen reading a book on leadership from the pope or something to get ideas. Some of his speeches as a leader were poor. I expect GWS to perform poorly again and don't understand at all why Leon's contract was extended, wouldn't surprise me if he is sacked.

Leon Cameron really puts the UN in uncharismatic.

Sidenote: i don’t think I’ve ever seen him laugh. Or smile. Or even a “he he.”

Expected burn from a typical apologist. Much more chance there than here.
Expected dixkhead post from the resident flog.

Must grate you watching the doco, makes Rory out to be what he is, a good captain and a better bloke.

And yet you tell me I'm the one who doesn't protect players......such a hypocrite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SA football’s corpse now resides at West Lakes. When you go out there it’s hard to actually believe some of the biggest games of football in the state’s history were ever played there.

Some great memories, but it’s well past time to move on. It’s a residential and shopping precinct - actually quite a nice one - but football doesn’t belong there anymore.

The difference between Richmond’s review (premiership the year after) and ours (wooden spoon the year after) reminds me of the scene where George Costanza is looking at wedding invitations in a big book priced from best quality at the front to worst quality at the back, and he flips the book immediately to the last page.

That’s what we must’ve done when we ordered our review.

Leon Cameron really puts the UN in uncharismatic.

Sidenote: i don’t think I’ve ever seen him laugh. Or smile. Or even a “he he.”

We deliberately firewalled the part of the club that appointed and valued highly the operations debacle.

You value the results of his leadership as much as you like. Unlike you, I can understand the intricacies of the ladder.
He could've been the best captain in history and we'd have still finished bottom.

Unlike you, I'm a good judge of character

You value the results of his leadership as much as you like. Unlike you, I can understand the intricacies of the ladder.
In some of the middle episodes Sloane is clearly seen criticizing his fellow players for being s**t.

At one point he and Nicks tell the playing group to actually pay attention and learn the game plan, and to put the work in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back