News Crows Documentary?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only started filming this year so won't have any of the juicy stuff. You'd hope they backtrack back to 2015 with guys who were here. Doubt we'll get anything of interest regarding 17/19 though.
Only started filming this year?

There won't be much to talk about...except:
The Stengle cover up

A board member telling players to put club before family or they'll be sacked

A 50yo board member heckling a young girl

A breach of self isolation rules and a third of the playing list suspended and a coach out for 6 weeks

Oh, and there's been 1 game played too

Thommo#21

Debutant
Apr 11, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I did hear Tom Doedee say yesterday that he got interviewed when he was leaving the barossa by the Amazon crew

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We're not very sneaky are we?

Break training protocols... have a film crew there to document it

Illegal Tippett side deal... refer to it explicitly in our own Board minutes

Should have been filming us in 2018/19, when the fun stuff was happening - Kamp Krusty, hamstring awareness epidemic, sackings, Roo losing his s**t, etc.

We're not very sneaky are we?

Break training protocols... have a film crew there to document it

Illegal Tippett side deal... refer to it explicitly in our own Board minutes
Like playing hide and seek with my 3 year old.

“Where’s Alex?”
“I’m under the blanket.”

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whilst I agree, there are some parallels between us and the Bulls.

Success in the 90s. Nothing since.
Bulls.activley dismantle their winning team and have been cursed since.
We push Modra out, have been cursed ever since.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Aaron Keating = Luc Longley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is this for real?

Apparently a doco in the works on the crows called "Last Place 2020". Chapman has relinquished his Jordanesque directorial oversight and said the doco will show the club warts and all. Did state it will only focus on the footy dept though.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
This could be interesting. I imagine that we will be walking around thinking the footage will show how well run we are and what a professional organisation we are, when in fact it will show just how hopelessly out of depth those at the club are. Let's hope it really does a number on those within the organisation.

I mean, given everything that has happened over the past 5 years, how does anyone at the club think this is a good idea or that it will show our management positively? Are we that deluded?

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
This could be interesting. I imagine that we will be walking around thinking the footage will show how well run we are and what a professional organisation we are, when in fact it will show just how hopelessly out of depth those at the club are. Let's hope it really does a number on those within the organisation.

I mean, given everything that has happened over the past 5 years, how does anyone at the club think this is a good idea or that it will show our management positively? Are we that deluded?
Most likely have final say on what gets put out there, so it won't be anything damaging or massively revealing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Most likely have final say on what gets put out there, so it won't be anything damaging or massively revealing.
True, but they are also so deluded that what they think looks good will probably be torn to shreds by those outside the back-slapping bubble that is West lakes.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Apparently a doco in the works on the crows called "Last Place 2020". Chapman has relinquished his Jordanesque directorial oversight and said the doco will show the club warts and all. Did state it will only focus on the footy dept though.
It will be like the review - everything EXCEPT anything to do with Chapman and his cronies.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
If it's been named already, wait for the tanking sanctions to come through

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Couldn't of picked a worse year to do it! 2017 would have been interesting, especially to see some of the half time addresses etc and the box.

I hope they backtrack with a lot of player interviews discussing the past 10 years.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
So many trolls on Twitter, there is an amazing doco series about Sunderland for goodness sakes, why can’t an AFL one be just as good? Amazon make some damn good docos

Yeah the Sunderland till I Die doco showed that a trainwreck sporting documentary works. I don't even support that club but I loved it.

I'm looking forward to it

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Here’s an interesting fact for you: The 97/98 footage from The Last Dance was shot on 16 millimetre film (enabling a high-resolution transfer to something bordering on HD which is half the reason this doco was so good). They used film instead of videotape at the time knowing full well this footage was going to be worth its weight in gold in the future. Add to the fact it is probably now the only HD footage of Michael Jordan’s career that exists. And then add to that fact the Bulls completed the fairytale by winning their 6th which makes already history-making footage even more history-making.

All that being said, I wonder if Prime is filming this thinking “Man, in 22 years the entire world is going to want to watch Ben Hart ******* up this training drill?”

I need to know these things.

I wonder if there'll be footage from membership services manning the refund hotline

Will Jamo's comments get a run?
Smart's gaffe?
The Stengle news delay?
Footage of the executive meeting where we decide to deliberately mislead members by not advertising the $60 refund option would certainly be interesting

Back