News Crows eye Walker, Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just putting a trade out there, could we do something like Walker + Jacobs + 18 for Davis and their Bock pick 26. Or would the crows feel that they're being ripped off?

No worries champ

And I was more refering to the fact that Carlton supporters in general are not at all known for completely overrating their players worth.

Their is a difference between the CFC and some of their supporters on big footy
yep, you are right there crow-boy. i think that everyone wants to gain players but not give up much in return. it`s human nature, but not likely to get any trades done. luckily, other dudes do the trading !!!:D

Crows KPPs in order of importance/value IMO

1. Kurt Tippet - untouchable understandably
2. Phil Davis - also untouchable
3. Rutten - too old similair to Tarrant scenario but anyway the'd never trade him so largely irrelevant
4. Walker - probably the best we can expect and still very very very unlikely
5. Talia - would love the kid (we were hot on him around draft time) but I think Crows would have earmarked him and would be reluctant to let him go after just one season.
6. McKernan - IMO the one that the Crows may just relinquish - although according to many he is a Craig favourite.
7. Ricky Henderson - boy has shown abit, seems a likely prospect but still yet to get the runs on the board.
8. Scott Stevens - wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
9. Jack Gunston - don't really know enough about the kid to comment - also only spent 1 year on the list thus far.
10. James Sellar - see Scott Stevens.
11. James Craig - again don't know much but was a very late draft pick so probably wouldn't be interested nor would he cut the mustard

**With Ottens, Young and Sam Shaw (?) not being considered as KPPs and not considering ruckman

Crows supporters is this a fair analysis of your talls without overinflating these players worth please.

Looking at that list I think we'd have to expect at least one of Walker, McKernan, Henderson or maybe Gunston to make this trade equitable...
I don't see the point of Adelaide trading Henderson or TW for Andrew Walker, as to the roles they play but I don't really value walker much, as I don't see how a player presented as a tagger often gets by with a low tackle rate while giving away so many frees and as well having shoulder issues which perhaps impacts on his tackling still, beyond that as well I don't see the benefit in yet another clanger champ in the squad, that just spells poor decision maker. Honestly as it stands he's not that quality else he wouldn't be in this position and he's in and out of the Blues side.

McKernan or Gunston seems more sensible and you would more be interested in Mckernan though Gunston doesn't suck and he's already been given a commentary nick, that of course ups his value :thumbsu:. Mckernan is more suitable, whether adelaide actually trade people that aren't looking to leave is the question.

Warnock had played 21 games in two years (three on the list) and never had over 16 hit outs in a game. We still got him dirt cheap.

Jacobs has played 17 games in two years (four on the list) and has had 9 games with over 20 hit outs as well as plenty of contested marking.

Why should we make the same mistake as other clubs have by letting him go for less than he's worth.

You must be pretty aware of what team Warnock played for and how much their second ruck may as well be a cardboard cutout most of the time.
He didn't fit their structure and as he wasn't as versatile as Johnson, he is pretty much carbon copy Jacobs scenario.

Thank you for proving my point :eek:

Do you have any idea what a decent first ruck costs? Especially one that young?

You think you have all these stars but they've mostly done nothing and shown very little.

You just lost your stars (McLeod, Edwards, Goodwin) that's why you need guys like Walker and Jacobs and you will have to give up quality to get them.
Can't see us doing anything with Adelaide tbh. The few good players they have they will surely hang on to. Trading a gun ruck in Jacobs and Walker for any of their second graders will get us nowhere. Better off trading with clubs with quality players that are prepared to trade for a quality ruckman.

You must be pretty aware of what team Warnock played for and how much their second ruck may as well be a cardboard cutout most of the time.
He didn't fit their structure and as he wasn't as versatile as Johnson, he is pretty much carbon copy Jacobs scenario.

Why comment on things you know nothing about? Plenty of Warnock's games at Freo were as first ruck when Sandilands was out injured. They didn't want him to go, they saw how talented he was and the only reason Johnson has been helping out in the ruck is because Clarke is not yet developed enough for AFL footy.

Justin Sherman latest to flee Brisbane Lions den

Brennan's main chance to go to Carlton, if that is his preference, may depend on a three-club trade deal involving Adelaide, contracted Blues utility Andrew Walker and a swapping of first-round draft picks. The Blues are prepared to trade Walker to the Crows and swap first-round selections to be better placed to satisfy Brisbane.

Before any further national draft compensation picks for losing uncontracted players to the Suns, Adelaide has pick 14 and would move four places down the pecking order by accepting a package of Walker and selection No 18 from the Blues, who would then offer pick 14 to the Lions for Brennan.

Justin Sherman latest to flee Brisbane Lions den

I don't think that's much of a deal at all and hope it's BS.

Crows KPPs in order of importance/value IMO

1. Kurt Tippet - untouchable understandably
2. Phil Davis - also untouchable
3. Rutten - too old similair to Tarrant scenario but anyway the'd never trade him so largely irrelevant
4. Walker - probably the best we can expect and still very very very unlikely
5. Talia - would love the kid (we were hot on him around draft time) but I think Crows would have earmarked him and would be reluctant to let him go after just one season.
6. McKernan - IMO the one that the Crows may just relinquish - although according to many he is a Craig favourite.
7. Ricky Henderson - boy has shown abit, seems a likely prospect but still yet to get the runs on the board.
8. Scott Stevens - wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
9. Jack Gunston - don't really know enough about the kid to comment - also only spent 1 year on the list thus far.
10. James Sellar - see Scott Stevens.
11. James Craig - again don't know much but was a very late draft pick so probably wouldn't be interested nor would he cut the mustard

**With Ottens, Young and Sam Shaw (?) not being considered as KPPs and not considering ruckman

Crows supporters is this a fair analysis of your talls without overinflating these players worth please.

Looking at that list I think we'd have to expect at least one of Walker, McKernan, Henderson or maybe Gunston to make this trade equitable...

I think its a very fair assessment to be honest... Only one I would disagree with is James Sellar (and not just because of the sig)... He is a long term prospect for us and is still only 21... I think he is fairly highly rated by the crows, playing the last 9 games of 2009 and then after being injured throughout 2010 played the last 3 games.... I don't think he will be traded...
I think the crows will more likely try to trade McKernan if Carlton are after a player for Walker.

Not only is that not much of a deal... it is pure chairty...

Walker is younger and has shown more than Brennan has...

Walker + Pick 18 for Brennan is seriously the worst suggestion I have heard...

That deal cant be serious. So Adelaide get Walker jsut for going from pick 14-18? Surely if this was the deal we would jsut give 18 and walker to Brisbane why would we need to involve Adelaide. Anyhow brisbane are absolutely dreaming if they think they are going to get pick 18 and walker for Brennan, let alone thinking that 18 is not enough that it has to be 14 and Walker. Straight swap at best. If Adelaide want Walker and he wants to go theri there then put something on the table like a quality player or pick 14. Then if we want brennan we can give pick 14 or 18 for him. So Adelaide get Walker Brisbane get 14 and we get Brennan. Win win win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That deal cant be serious. So Adelaide get Walker jsut for going from pick 14-18? Surely if this was the deal we would jsut give 18 and walker to Brisbane why would we need to involve Adelaide. Anyhow brisbane are absolutely dreaming if they think they are going to get pick 18 and walker for Brennan, let alone thinking that 18 is not enough that it has to be 14 and Walker. Straight swap at best. If Adelaide want Walker and he wants to go theri there then put something on the table like a quality player or pick 14. Then if we want brennan we can give pick 14 or 18 for him. So Adelaide get Walker Brisbane get 14 and we get Brennan. Win win win.

One of those rumours that feels it may just have a little meat on it.
On face value, I'd be disappointed if we even considered it, unless of course there were other reasons for doing so.
Surely Walker could not be that far out on the outer. :confused:

I'd be disappointed if we went Walker AND our first-rounder for Brennan.

In a salary cap world, it's not just about the talent of players that give them value, it's their contract. Brennan is reportedly looking for a big, long-term pay day, and to be honest I'd rather spend (say) $600k x 4 years on something other than him.

That's not to say he's not a valuable player... he is... but I think 4 x $600k is better spent on someone else.

I wish I knew what he *IS* so I could be excited or have some strong opinion on him. I know he's talented... if he's going to be used as a tackling/clearance midfielder, I think he'd help us and do that well. But is that worth that money to us?

Ultimately...and I mean I am taking rumours with a grain of salt, but say this is what goes down.

Carlton give Adelaide Walker + 2nd round pick

Adelaide give blues first round pick (14)

Carlton offload pick 14 to Lions for Brennan

Carlton keep pick 18 and get Brennan. Carlton losses Walker and 2nd round pick

Alternatively...

Carlton give Adelaide Walker + pick 18

Adelaide give blues first round pick (14) + McKernan

Carlton get McKernan and get Brennan. Carlton losses Walker and 18th pick

McKernan will be a star.

You can say bye bye to pick 14. That's gawn if this trade goes through - no question. The debate will be over the other picks that need to be thrown in to convince us and outbid the competition. Reckon there's a chance we can do to the Crows what we did to the Lions in the Fev trade. You should be nervous. Swan will give the impression you did OK out of the deal, and when the dust settles you'll realise you've got well and truly shafted. He's the master of that. Go ask Vossy. He's playing this trade perfectly already. Do you realise that by including Walker we've actually gained some leverage in the Jacobs trade? Pretty clever.

:)

Voss is an idiot; if you're counting on dealing with fools again, then you wont be trading with Adelaide.

Are you saying Walker/Jacobs for #14, or just one of them?

Brennan is worth something, but a first-rounder more than Walker? I'm not sure about that.

I'd do it to get Mckernan. He is still only 20 and could be anything.

If it meant that we got Brennan + McKernan + pick 18 and lost Walker + second round...

that's a good deal to me. Replacing x factor with x factor and gaining a first round pick KPF like Hendo

I'd be disappointed if we went Walker AND our first-rounder for Brennan.

In a salary cap world, it's not just about the talent of players that give them value, it's their contract. Brennan is reportedly looking for a big, long-term pay day, and to be honest I'd rather spend (say) $600k x 4 years on something other than him.

That's not to say he's not a valuable player... he is... but I think 4 x $600k is better spent on someone else.

I wish I knew what he *IS* so I could be excited or have some strong opinion on him. I know he's talented... if he's going to be used as a tackling/clearance midfielder, I think he'd help us and do that well. But is that worth that money to us?

Unfortunately, that is where he has played his most consistent footy. He is not big enough to be a ruckman, not strong enough to be a KPD and not consistent enough to be a KPF. We need to look at the deal as if he will only make it as a midfielder and that is not worth $600k for four years, let alone the what it will cost to get the deal done.
Maybe this is the Lions way of trying to even up the poor deal they got last season?

Carlton give Adelaide Walker + pick 18

Adelaide give blues first round pick (14) + McKernan

Carlton get McKernan and get Brennan. Carlton losses Walker and 18th pick

McKernan will be a star.

I like this option. Main reason being I can't see a clear winner or loser.

I just can't understand why anyone would want to trade a player for a draft pick in the next couple of years.

GC and GWS will have already taken all the good talent, e.g. first crack at 17 year olds the year before even being involved in the draft.
Your better of just trading players for players, and hopefully with your late picks you can draft a smokey. I say pick 14 or 18 stick it up your a#@$! There is not much of a different value in the 2, even if it was pick 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back