Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WeninRome

Carlton give Adelaide Walker + pick 18

Adelaide give blues first round pick (14) + McKernan

Carlton offload pick 14 to Lions for Brennan

Carlton get McKernan and get Brennan. Carlton losses Walker and 18th pick

McKernan will be a star.

I like this option. Main reason being I can't see a clear winner or loser.

I agree, in terms of the outlandish offers being suggested by either team supporters, this one seems the most fair. I'd be happy with that, although I'm more keen on getting Jacobs then I am Walker. What would you guys think of that deal, except with Jacobs instead of Walker? Would we have to maybe offer another late rounder as well?

With that said, I don't think I can see McKernan going, from what I've heard, he's pretty happy here, I'm pretty sure he lives with Sloaney, Davis and a couple of the other blokes and seems to be well embedded into the club although having only had little time so far in the major spotlight. From what I remember, I'm pretty sure Craig and Trigg mentioned that they're keen to give him a regular spot in the 22 next season, providing he keeps up the good form.

How about this trade:

Carlton give Freo pick 18
Carlton give Adelaide Walker & Jacobs

Carlton get Mundy from Freo and McKernan from Adelaide

Adelaide give Freo pick (whatever they have) in return for getting Walker and Jacobs from Carlton

Freo end up with Pick 18 & whatever pick Adelaide have for Mundy

Carlton end up with Mundy & McKernan but lose pick 18, Walker & Jacobs

Adelaide end up with Walker & Jacobs and only lose (whatever pick they have) & McKernan

I really WANT Mundy at Carlton next year and McKernan would be great in our forward line. We can keep our 2nd & 3rd round picks to try and snap up some potential KPD's?

Or is this too outrageous that we with Adelaide get butt f***ed?

I'd trade Jacobs for Adelaide's compensation for Nathan Bock.

Adelaide finished below Hawthorn, the Dogs, Geelong and Port, so by rights, their compensation pick for losing Bock should be first off the rank after Brisbane.

We might draft Wilson to give us a class ball user off half back.

Or Cripps.

They're both from WA, so we'd probably be all over them. ;) :D

The ambit claim of Walker and pick 18 for pick 14 doesn't appear to be enough to move on a contracted player. In 2008, the Dogs moved from the third round to second round by moving on Ray and drafting Liam Jones. I'd trade Walker plus pick 18 & pick 36 for pick 14 & 32.

Pick 14, 28, 32 and 52 goes alright.

Watson/Caddy/Cook, Cripps, Wilson plus pick 52 goes alright.

That beats Brennan. :mad:

If the laws of the game are changed to three interchange plus a sub and a limit of 80 rotations then Andrew Walker's value increases considerably. With superb endurance he can play for longer with fewer breaks. That alone is good in addition to the flexibility it provides for other rotations.

Neil Craig is a smart coach and I think he is attuned to the impact of the rule change. We need to value Walker from 2011, which means factoring in the impact of these rule changes.

With GC signing juniors last year diluting the draft, plus the impact of these likely changes, pick 14 is simply not good enough.

Keep Walker I say, unless we are able to cover clear deficiencies: quality young talls / quality big bodies midfielders.

With GC signing juniors last year diluting the draft, plus the impact of these likely changes, pick 14 is simply not good enough.

Keep Walker I say, unless we are able to cover clear deficiencies: quality young talls / quality big bodies midfielders.

Agree with what you say here, however if Walker has his heart set on leaving and he comes out of contract next year we will be stuffed. Why? Because the GWS will pick him up for free and give us a worthless draft pick.

So if he isn't planning on sticking with Carlton long term, we need to trade him this year and get a decent player for him otherwise next year forget about it!

Bloody Crows don't get Walker or Jacobs unless we get some good defenders from them.

Unfortunately the only defender we would give you is Sellar and posters have already made clear they do not want him. So I guess it will come down to if Carlton or Adelaide want to make the trade happen enough to close the gap.

Agree with what you say here, however if Walker has his heart set on leaving and he comes out of contract next year we will be stuffed. Why? Because the GWS will pick him up for free and give us a worthless draft pick.

So if he isn't planning on sticking with Carlton long term, we need to trade him this year and get a decent player for him otherwise next year forget about it!

From what Greg Denham said on SEN this morning it's either Adelaide or Carlton for Walker. Nothing else. If he doesn't get to Adelaide he's happy to stay at Carlton.

To me, it's a 3-way somehow with Mundy or nothing

Unfortunately the only defender we would give you is Sellar and posters have already made clear they do not want him. So I guess it will come down to if Carlton or Adelaide want to make the trade happen enough to close the gap.
The fans have absolutely no input in these things so what ever they say means sweet **** all! ;)

Deal will get done and judging by some of the proposed deal suggested by most Carlton supporters, there will be a whole heap of them on suicide watch! :p

From what Greg Denham said on SEN this morning it's either Adelaide or Carlton for Walker. Nothing else. If he doesn't get to Adelaide he's happy to stay at Carlton.

To me, it's a 3-way somehow with Mundy or nothing

If it doesn't work out with Adelaide is he happy to stay at Carlton for the long term? Or just for next year until he gets a nice healthy offer from the GWS which will set him up for life?

Reading between the lines, if he wants out now he will want out next year (unless whatever his problem is, is miraculously fixed) when he is out of contract and there is nothing we can do. Better getting something for him now while we are in control.

If it doesn't work out with Adelaide is he happy to stay at Carlton for the long term? Or just for next year until he gets a nice healthy offer from the GWS which will set him up for life?

Reading between the lines, if he wants out now he will want out next year (unless whatever his problem is, is miraculously fixed) when he is out of contract and there is nothing we can do. Better getting something for him now while we are in control.

Yeah, my guess is he is regretting not coming to Adelaide last year when we went hard for him. He is a first 22 in our team where midfield is a weakness, he is fringe 22 in your team where midfield is a strength.

I cannot see him playing his preferred position in your team any time soon. If you keep him and do not want him to walk in a years time, you are almost forced to play him in his preferred position.

I have been over on the Crows board for over 3 hours now trying to get a 'reasonable' suggestion of what they might offer for Walker and Jacobs. Not 1 person there has been able to come up with anything. If their club is as bad as their supporters then neither of them will be going anywhere!!! And I would be more than happy with that. ;)

(Ok, Jacobs could still end up at Port, but that's not my point!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd trade Jacobs for Adelaide's compensation for Nathan Bock.

Adelaide finished below Hawthorn, the Dogs, Geelong and Port, so by rights, their compensation pick for losing Bock should be first off the rank after Brisbane.

We might draft Wilson to give us a class ball user off half back.

Or Cripps.

They're both from WA, so we'd probably be all over them. ;) :D

The ambit claim of Walker and pick 18 for pick 14 doesn't appear to be enough to move on a contracted player. In 2008, the Dogs moved from the third round to second round by moving on Ray and drafting Liam Jones. I'd trade Walker plus pick 18 & pick 36 for pick 14 & 32.

Pick 14, 28, 32 and 52 goes alright.

Watson/Caddy/Cook, Cripps, Wilson plus pick 52 goes alright.

That beats Brennan. :mad:

Are you suggesting trading walker to move up 4 spots in the first round and 4 in the second? And yet you wouldn't trade pick 18 for Mundy....Jaysus.

I do agree with other option though - pick 18 and Walker for pick 14 and McKernan sounds reasonable. We get a KP prospect and move up in the first round. Adelaide get someone they clearly want and only move down a few spots and losing a player who probably isn't in their best 22 at the moment.

Ultimately...and I mean I am taking rumours with a grain of salt, but say this is what goes down.

Carlton give Adelaide Walker + 2nd round pick

Adelaide give blues first round pick (14)

Carlton keep pick 18 and get Brennan. Carlton losses Walker and 2nd round pick

Alternatively...

Carlton give Adelaide Walker + pick 18

Adelaide give blues first round pick (14) + McKernan

Carlton get McKernan and get Brennan. Carlton losses Walker and 18th pick

McKernan will be a star.

Unlikely that McKernan will be traded given how he is rated internally versus what his trade value stands at.

No worries, we'll just offload two quality players to you guys for nothing.

Really I don't value any of the players suggested so much all of them are fringe at their clubs and their value is only so high atm because either board want it to be coz they are trading em, mid-season people prolly moaning at them calling em spuds that aren't showing very much on field.

Cook + rd2 <> Walker + rd 4
Mckernan/Seller <> Jacobs
Griffin wants to go over to freo maybe they can send something to carlton to further compensate.

Just take Cook away and grab a better draftee...some people seem to like this guy but I don't value him too highly a lot of similarity to Walker really.

The draft isn't so bad in spite of the dilution. Lots of good players about at the moment that the franchises can only take so many of.

Adelaide don't trade often.
But the consensus around is you guys are silly people that always sprout the 2 duds for a star deal.
When your not doing that your overating players simply because they are on the table.
Jacobs is apparently a required player anyway and if your sprouting about interchanges making walker vital, that runs counter for Jacobs.
Adelaide have a bunch of endurance players that have crappy disposal, hesitant decision making and inept tackling aptitude, with drinking misdemenors. Walker would be right at home.
Adelaide simply don't trade on form and as such the players that get thrown up are very non-commital instead of surreal.

Problem is, the only kpp's we have that we fans are willing to let go are Stevens and Sellar. Rendell had McKernan ranked in his top 15 or so, and was ABSOLUTELY stoked to get him at #28. Talia was #13 last year, and wont be traded. I don't think any team would seriously consider trading a first or second year player unless they are forced to.

Sellar was a first round pick a few years ago, and it always takes a few years to find your feet as a big player. Crows fans will know that at times he has shown great promise. Cemented a spot as 2nd ruck towards the end of 09, and kept that spot until he broke his hand i think. Then he played the best game of his career against Syd rd 2 this year, then did a hammy. Craigy wont play anyone back from injury before a few games in the SANFL, due to a few mistakes bringing players back early,so he got his couple of games at Glenelg. Then the Crows started winning, with Griff as #2, and Craigy wasn't gonna change a winning formula. So Sellar didn't get back in till the last few weeks. Problem is (as stated many times) we can't play him as a kpp, as we have too many in front of him, but he still makes it into our 22 as a ruckman. He would make Carlton's 22 as a kp def any day.

I hope you guys do get Mundy. Again, theres not much point speculating what a poss trade is, because how we on bf rate each player and pick will have no bearing on what the recruiters of each team think, and what the players involved want to do. But i do think a trade involving Mundy (or Tarrant it would seem) and some picks to Carlton, Walker and Jacobs (or some picks) to Adelaide, J. Griffen and some picks to Freo.

You talk as if you're the bloke doing the trading. Get off the hooch.

In terms of who you think your club will end up with should a trade be done, I wouldn't think McKernan would be in the frame. They love him at West Lakes.

Adelaide don't trade often.
But the consensus around is you guys are silly people that always sprout the 2 duds for a star deal.
When your not doing that your overating players simply because they are on the table.
That's rich.

There are posts on your board throwing up Myke Cook and Tony Armstrong as trade suggestions for Jacobs and Walker.

That's as realistic as an offer of Steven Browne and Joe Anderson for Shaun McKernan and Ricky Henderson/Rory Sloane.

And Adelaide have done a stack of trades in the last six seasons.
So Sellar didn't get back in till the last few weeks. Problem is (as stated many times) we can't play him as a kpp, as we have too many in front of him, but he still makes it into our 22 as a ruckman. He would make Carlton's 22 as a kp def any day.
:rolleyes:

Sellar isn't even a KPD in his dreams.

Deluded.

More likely to go the way of Luke Livingston, John Meesen, Mitch Thorp, Beau Dowler and Tim Walsh who are former first round picks.

You talk as if you're the bloke doing the trading. Get off the hooch.

In terms of who you think your club will end up with should a trade be done, I wouldn't think McKernan would be in the frame. They love him at West Lakes.

So Adelaide rate McKernan more internally than externally...cool.

Guess what, Carlton rates Jacobs high internally as well. Probably rate Jacobs above what the Crows rate McKernan seeing as though Carlton selected Jacobs in a final and McKernan has played what, 1 game?

Jacobs is potentially the best young ruckman in the league. He is worth a first round pick.

That's rich.

There are posts on your board throwing up Myke Cook and Tony Armstrong as trade suggestions for Jacobs and Walker.

That's as realistic as an offer of Steven Browne and Joe Anderson for Shaun McKernan and Ricky Henderson/Rory Sloane.

And Adelaide have done a stack of trades in the last six seasons.

Didak was driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back